Like a dream

By my side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't you think it's a little obsessive?"

Eunbi looked up from her phone and mumbled something before putting it away.

"I mean ..." continued the girl with an impetuous look. Her hands pointed to the newly saved object. "... Don't you think Chaeyeon should stop calling you now and then?"

The other girl nodded in affirmation of what the other girl said. Eunbi sighed and said nothing. The duo muttered various things and didn't drop the subject so easily.

Doesn't Chaeyeon know what personal space is?

She doesn't know how to give herself her place? If I was on your site, it would have already ended.

Can't live without her? Pathetic.

Their relationship was the regular theme of their dysfunctional group of co-workers. Not that Eunbi really cares, she was grateful for the transparent headphones with her almost unnoticed initials that Chaeyeon gave her on her birthday, once the name of her girlfriend came out of the lips of one of them her headphones appeared casually in her ears. As so many times she didn't pay the slightest attention to them and answered the message of her favorite black-haired girl with a sticker of a bouquet, she didn't receive the answer until her departure time.

As she descended with her unwelcome and boring colleagues, the windows of the central office where she worked showed the silhouette of her adorable life partner and she walked faster, altering the whispers behind her.

Thin lips took hers as she reached her and she wrapped her hands around her waist to bring her a little closer. Chaeyeon smiled when she saw her girlfriend's sweet smile on her cheeks. They heard murmurs but were lost in the distance when they hugged. Her arms stayed glued together after several minutes and people were beginning to ignore her little show.

They walked in silence to the whereabouts but their hands were firmly joined. Eunbi sensed that something was bothering her but it was not the place to discuss something like that. Even when they got off the bus the words were missing but somehow the silence around them felt good. She could say that it was almost magical.

They made it to their apartment complex without a hitch. The doorman greeted them with a sweet smile and a comment on the weather, but only one of them dared to respond. As soon as the elevator doors closed, Eunbi took advantage of curling up against her chest. She felt the long arms around her protectively and the soft lips on her head. She could stay like this but they still had some doors to go to feel better.

"Lie down on the couch, I'll go prepare something for dinner." it was an order and Chaeyeon nodded without question. She had no intention of arguing with the red-haired woman. "Any western dessert, do you think?"

Eunbi moved quickly to the kitchen without waiting for any response. She made a dessert that she had recently been learning together with her sister-in-law in the occasional classes they shared. She casually stuck her head out and still noted the heavy state of the environment. She quickly put el arroz con leche in the refrigerator and went to the living room with a glass of water.

She found her lying on the couch. Her hands at her sides and head buried in the pillow, she seemed to hesitate to turn on the television but instead continued to curl up somehow in the brown chair. Eunbi took off her jacket and lay down next to her girlfriend. She helped her settle onto her chest, one of her legs tangled in hers. She her hands without forgetting the cold that caused the rings that she tended to wear on almost all the fingers of her hands.

"Sorry"

It was a small murmur, her voice seemed to grow thick as she spoke more. While the couple enjoyed the silence, Eunbi preferred to hear her girlfriend's voice above all else.

"Did you break a plate again? I was thinking of buying new silverware anyway." The smaller woman heard something very like a snort and hid her smile behind the black strands. "Tell me, babe. What's wrong? I can surely help you."

But Chaeyeon didn't answer, she just fell silent and snuggled closer to her, surely remembering that she was there with her. And Eunbi dropped it, she knew it was her way of arranging things her way, and when she felt safe enough with all the answers in her mind, she would speak, meanwhile, she would just be carefully lying on top of her, and her slow breathing leisurely against the hollow of her neck. Eunbi was not complaining at all, anyway.

"Let's go to bed?"

The smaller of the two had to lightly shake her girlfriend to get her up. She heard a groan and had to drag her into her arms to wake her up. She would probably hear more complaints but once in the comfort of their bed, they could snuggle up accordingly. She left her on the bed and reached for her pajamas.

Eunbi took her off the shirt and took the white pot that she gets from their bathroom. She suddenly felt a pair of warm hands around her waist. 

"Do you gonna use it?" Chaeyeon was on her shoulder and her eyes kept seeing the white thing in her fingers.

The red girl nodded and sighed when their fingers were intertwined. She could say that it is one of the best parts of her girlfriend. The perfect height for being feel small and tiny, but when Chaeyeon looked at her, simply she was at a loss for words.

"I want to" 

The taller girl sighed against her ear, but she accepted it anyway. The red-haired girl turned around when she lost the warmth in her waist.

Eunbi pursed her lips. Her girlfriend's torso was pale, the color of her hands and legs. She reached out and handed her the small pot between her fingers.

"Are you going to use it?" She asked softly. Her eyes admiring the doubt that fell in the brown orbs that she loved so much.

Chaeyeon muttered a small denial with a slight shake of her head.

"I decided not to use it anymore," her voice denoted the caresses that her hands always provided. She put on her pajama shirt and leaned back on the bed, waiting for the other girl so she could rest easy.

The bed shook slightly. Their bodies intimately together, in a small melody that only their bodies knew. Eunbi had laid her head on the side of her girlfriend's neck, the heat seemed to accentuate where her girlfriend was squeezing her. Their entanglement of hands between their bodies brought them together with a little more.

The silence felt in their room was only accompanied by the different babbles of the older of them as she played with her fingers. It took Chaeyeon some time to speak but she didn't stop smiling when she noticed her puff up her cheeks and place her rings on her pale fingers.

"Why don't you want to use the cream anymore?" Eunbi asked after a while. She unconsciously pressed against her body. "I thought you wanted to get rid of the scars as soon as possible"

"I wanted it," replied the taller woman. Her cheeks turned red at the silver rings on her ring finger. She heard a small click which meant that her girlfriend was happy with her job. "But I decided to keep them as a reminder of how much I love you."

Eunbi stopped her fiddling with the dark-haired woman's hands and blinked a little confused. She raised her head taking care not to hit each other and blushed slightly imitating the color of her girlfriend's cheeks.

"Sure?" she inquired gently. She knew that it was a delicate subject and much more for her girlfriend but she could not allow herself to continue remembering recent events at the cost of something called love. "I know you love me, you don't need to have those scars for it."

Chaeyeon her cheeks and brought her lips close to her, feeling the warmth of her mouth on hers. They didn't move their lips, the contact was intimate and calm, feeling their enveloping feelings at that subtle gesture.

"I've thought about it a lot ..." she whispered, Eunbi's lips settled on her nose before moving away a few inches. "... The scars only remind me that we are human and we are not invincible, we can die at any time, I want to always keep that in mind when we spend time together ... I just don't want to let you fall."

The red-haired woman whispered calming words against her ear as she snuggled back into her embrace, she could feel the other woman relax as she her hands and arms. Unconsciously, Eunbi reached under the blue shirt, her fingers finding the somewhat protruding mark on the skin she knew by heart. She with the tips of her finge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter