Episode 1

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bright orange sun hung gloriously in the clear blue sky, partially obscured by a sea of white fluffy clouds.

Amidst the picturesque skyline on one of those clouds higher, whiter and softer than the rest, out of sight of mankind, sat a tanned young man. His legs were swinging with the breeze, golden skin glistening in the sunlight and beautiful dark orbs glimmering as he stared wistfully into the horizon. His distinct features were framed by a sharp jawline which had soft curls brushing against them, establishing him as having good looks which were out of this world; and indeed it was. The beautiful angel was deep in thoughts, allowing his pure white wings to mindlessly flap against his back, creating a comfortable rhythm for his mental workout.

He was pulled out of his daydream by a sweet calming voice on his right as he felt the ever slight shift in the weight of the white fluff ball underneath him.

Leeteuk: What’s on your mind my dear child?

Donghae: My latest ward…

Yes, angels and wards. This was the terminology used on this exclusive relationship between two entities from different worlds and they existed.

Higher beings, immortals, or angels as what we call them – they were once humans too but had been specially chosen and bestowed a special gift.

Utilizing their special gifts or powers as we might refer to, angels were assigned specific missions they had to accomplish. Based on their unique personalities and abilities, angels had a range of tasks from restoring happiness in the hearts of the depressed, helping the broken seek consolation following their loss or reigniting hope in those who were in despair. The list was never-ending as this army of angels aimed to make our world a better place; representing the light in the life of mankind.

With his strong aptitude in comprehension of matters of the human heart, Donghae was what was known to be a ‘cupid angel’ – his designated duty was to help humans find their other half.

Many people might believe in the existence of ‘the fated one’ – that there was this one true soulmate waiting out there for you and you will unite when the time is right - but that wasn’t true. You were not made specially for a single person; you are simply meant to be with the right person at the right time – when your heart was ready.

Love comes to you when your heart is open. It is an invisible force that barges through that ajar door in your heart and that anticipated intruder settles down in that dedicated room. It is an uncontrollable beautiful impending destiny which th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter