ch.1

It's Always Been You

*Flashback*

 

Dongmin's ears perked up at the familiar name his best friend mentioned. His heart paused. He looked at the boy standing one foot away from him and swallowed the lump in his throat. He was trying to process what he just said and keep his cool at the same time. There was no way, he thought, but he also knew what he heard.

"Yah, Lee Dongmin."

There was a slight pause before he snapped out of his thoughts. "Huh?"

"Did you hear what I just said?" Jaehyun raised an eyebrow. 

Dongmin nodded. "Yeah." 

"I really like _____." he held the back of his neck as a shy smile appeared on his face.

At that moment, Dongmin knew he was ed. His best friend just confessed that he liked you. It had never crossed his mind that he and Jaehyun would like the same girl. Jung Jaehyun was the type of guy who'd go after popular girls at school since he was the more popular one. He had dated the hottest girls at school, cheerleaders, athletes; you name it.

Dongmin, on the other hand, was the quiet one. Sure, a lot of girls had come up and confessed their love to him. He also found tons of letters and chocolates inside his locker during Valentine's day. But nobody has ever caught his attention. He was so focused on his academics that he barely spent time for fun. That was what brought you and him close together. You were his seatmate and study buddy. He had never thought that he'd have a crush on somebody from high school, but there he was, cherishing every moment with you. 

"That's why I need your help since you guys are close." Jaehyun continued. 

He knew he couldn't say no. He owed Jaehyun his life. Jaehyun was the one who saved him and his family from bankruptcy. Not to forget to mention that they were best friends since kindergarten and practically grew up together. They had gone through tough times together and were always there for each other. 

Dongmin managed to force a smile. "Of course." 

"That's what I'm talking about!" he pumped his fist in excitement. 

Right after that, the school bell rang, signaling that lunch break was over. The two quickly went towards the staircase and made their way to their classrooms separately.