final.

playground

"Mom, I'm going for a bike ride!" Wheein yelled.

Before her mom could respond, she shut the door and got on her bicycle.

Wheein loves going on her bike every day since it’s her hobby. But another reason for rididng the bicycle was to see Yongsun who was always at the playground.

She had done eating her breakfast then she placed it on the sink

"Mom, I'm going to ride the bike again. I'll be back later," Wheein exclaimed.

"Okay sweetie, have fun," her mother responded.

Wheein was riding her bicycle, probably heading to the playground. She parked her bike by a tree and just began to look at the unnie interacting with the kids on the playground.

"Yongsun unnie is always so beautiful," Wheein said, looking happily as she stare at Yongsun.

Yongsun was wearing a white shirt and skinny jeans. Her pink hair stands out because of its strawberry color. Her smile was as warm as the light. All about her was as stunning for Wheein.

The both of their eyes meet. Wheein feeling shy and giggly at the same time. Her heart started to beat quite rapidly. She instantly looked away and hid behind the tree. She never experienced this feeling and her cheeks began to turn red, and her palms begin to sweat out of nervousness.

She began taking the bike and went back home.

Wheein placed her bike in the garage and proceeded to walk inside the house.

Once she was inside, she heard her parents coming down the stairs wearing formal clothing.

"Where are you guys going?" Wheein asked.

"We're going out for the night. The house needs to be looked after, as well as you and your sister," her dad answered.

"Are you serious? I'm a big girl now, so I should be in charge of the house!" Wheein exclaimed.

"No, you can't. I know you're going to go to your room and watch on your laptop all night."

"Bu-"

Before she could try and convince her parents, someone knocked at the door. When she opened it, her heart immediately started pounding, and she could feel butterflies on her stomach. It happens that the unnie Wheein had a massive crush on after she saw her on the playground was right in front of her doorstep.

Yongsun.

"Hi kiddo."

"This is Yongsun, she's going to take care of you and your sister for the night," her mom replied.

"And you are?" Yongsun smiled so brightly just as she did when she saw Wheein at the playground earlier.

Wheein's mouth was partially open due to shock. She wanted to speak, but no words came out of . She feels like is tight. All she can do is look at the older girl in front of her.

"She's Wheein. Anyway, we're leaving. Take care of the kids, Yongsun." her dad said to Yongsun.

"Yes Mr. and Mrs. Jung. I will." she replied with a smile.

"And Wheein - behave, okay?"

Wheein just nodded at her parents and they left.

"What do you guys wanna do?"

"Let's watch a movie." her little sister said.

"That's a great idea."

Wheein spends the night attempting to please the older girl, but she struggles adorably, because every time she tries to do something with Yongsun, her little sister will get the older girl to play.

Since that experience, each time Wheein rode her bike to the playground, she would always see Yongsun there, playing with some children. Whenever the older girl spotted Wheein, she would greet her.

 


 

Undeniably, they become closer. They would always go to the playground and talk about various things in the swing for hours.

"Unnie, this ice cream is so delicious!" Wheein said as she was enjoying her ice cream.

Yongsun rolled her eyes and said, "Everything that you eat is always delicious to you, Wheein"

"It's not true!"

"It is!"

"It is not!"

"It is true!"

"No-" before Wheein could finish what she was about to say, Yongsun put an ice cream on her nose.

"Unnie!" Wheein screamed at the older girl, removing the ice cream on her nose.

"You’ll never catch me," the older girl shouted and putting her tongue out before she ran.

They were just running around the playground so happily - like kids.

 


 

A few months later, Wheein was moving up a grade and that's when she was determined to confess. She planned for it and decided to confess to Yongsun after her graduation. She even wrote what she was going to tell the older girl.

The wind spin through the branches of the trees, the leaves rustled one another, resonating into the night air.

Wheein was sitting at her desk, papers spread out in front of her and yet she was just staring at the window, dumbfounded. Her mind - full with thoughts of one person. It was so packed with Yongsun. All Wheein wanted to do right now is go to the playground, sit in the swing and talk about random things with her beloved unnie, Yongsun.

She ripped a blank page from her notebook and started writing down what she would say when she's going to confess. She didn't want it to be too cheesy or too cliché.

"I really want this to be special," she said, sighing loudly,

"Because she's special to me."

Wheein moved over to her bedside table and unplugged her phone from the charger.

"Wheein, you're only telling Yongsun unnie to go to the playground, let's not be so anxious about it," she said to herself as she opened her phone and unlocked the pin code.

Wheein went to her contacts, and in no time, she saw Yongsun's number and called her. It started ringing, her heartbeat started to beat so quickly.

Suddenly, she forgets how to be calm, because the gentle voice echoed from the other end of the line.

"Hello?"

"Uhm, unnie…"

"Yes, Wheein?"

"Can you go to the playground? I need to tell you something."

"Sure, be there at 5."

"Okay."

The call ended.

Wheein was the first one to arrive at the playground. She was sitting at the swing as she waits for the older girl.

"Wheein-ah"

"You're here."

"Yeah," she sat at the swing.

After Yongsun answered, there was silence between them. The older was the first to break it.

"What are you supposed to tell me?" Yongsun asked.

"Oh, it's my graduation tomorrow, and I'd like you to come" Wheein said, rubbing her nape feeling embarrassed.

"I would love to," Yongsun said cheerfully.

Astonishment was all over her face due to Yongsun agreeing. Her heart skipped a beat like a horse hoofs on a dirt load, it was continuous - the apple of her eye

"Really?"

"Of course. How could I miss your graduation?"

"So, see you tomorrow then unnie?"

"Yup. See you."

 


 

Graduation Day was up - She was feeling all sorts of emotions because of the graduation and also her plan of confessing afterwards.

Wheein is busy fixing her outfit.

"Let's go, Wheein," her Mom calling her from downstairs.

"Coming," Wheein replied.

She took a final glance at her reflection in the mirror, taking a deep breath as she thought to herself, "You can do this."

After that, Wheein went down stairs and finally left the house with her parents heading to her school.

They arrived at the school making their way to the auditorium.

Wheein and Yongsun were supposed to meet up after the graduation.

Wheein saw Yongsun sitting next to her family.

The ceremony felt like forever to Wheein. She kept fidgeting in her seat and annoying her seat mate - Hwasa

"Wheein, could you please stop playing with my hair?" Hwasa said to Wheein in an irritated way.

"I'm so bored." Wheein complaint, fidgeting in her seat.

Don't get her wrong – she was happy to graduate, but she felt like it just made her more nervous later.

As soon as the ceremony was over, she didn't bother to stay and prolong her agony.

Wheein isolated herself from her friends because she wanted to talk to Yongsun fast, hence she ran to find them.

When she saw her family with Yongsun, instead of being happy seeing her, she saw Yongsun with another female whom she held hands with.

She remained numb in her place and shock was all over her face.

Her mom called her when she saw her in the distance, thus making her come back to her senses.

As she walked up to them, her mind chose to ignore her parents' greetings, focusing on the other two.

She immediately approached Yongsun, her eyes still on the other female, aggravated -

“Who

Is

She?”

Yongsun smiled shyly then said, "Wheein..."

She looked at the girl beside her and squeezed her hand before continuing, "This is my girlfriend, Moonbyul."

The girl smiled back, letting go of Yongsun's hand and offering her hand to Wheein.

"Hi there Wheein. Yongsun told me stories all about you."

Wheein wanted to respond but no words came out through . Her heart felt like it was being squeezed and tortured. It was hard for Wheein to breathe. Suddenly, she felt like her world stop spinning and her mind was focused on what Yongsun said. Wheein wanted to cry but no tears are falling down.

Instead she just accepted Moonbyul's hand.

"I've got to go. I need to go somewhere." Wheein told the two of them.

"Oh, all right. See you then," Yongsun said cheerfully.

Yeah, see you.

Wheein quickly walked to the playground and sat down at the swing.

She felt a knot in her stomach. Her body was squeezing together as she tried to repress the urge to hurl and stumbled out of the swing. She tripped and fell face-first to the floor, only to struggle immediately to get back to her feet. What a mess.

burned, her vision was blurry with rage and the tears the hurling had forced out of her, quietly sobbing into the reeking muck. How relieved she felt after the contents of her stomach had been poured onto the floor could not hold a candle to the emotional torment that seemed to have taken hold in her body.

For better or for worse. It all rang through her head like a cacophony of chaos, overlapping. The smell of sulphur, the warmth of fire, the feeling of intoxication. Screams of fear, words of love, noises of passion. Fear, love, lust, passion, death, warmth, fear...

She screamed.