one

i may have lost (but i won you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No — ! This isn’t fair! You have Meta Knight!” 

 

Chaewon heard Hyejoo protest for what must have been the twentieth time, which was closely followed by a cackle on Yeojin’s part and a nudge on Yerim’s. 

 

“Choose better, next time.” Yerim teased, much to Hyejoo’s disgruntlement. Yeojin followed quickly, rolled her eyes irritatingly “Play better, next time.” 

 

Chaewon laughed at the two as a pout formed on Hyejoo’s lips, and she proceeded to mash buttons even more furiously than before.

 

Chaewon’s lives had long run out, so she had simply resolved to watch the other girls play in relative silence. 

 

It was a wonder how she had lost so quickly, by simply falling off the stage on her own accord. What made it more embarrassing was that she had been using Kirby, but she supposed everybody had their faults.

 

(In fact, she always used Kirby, due to that one time Hyejoo had pointed to the screen, laughing as she poked Chaewon’s cheeks ‘He looks like you!’ she had said, and the rest of the girls had nodded excitedly, so now she felt emotionally attached to the avatar.)

 

It was clear enough that Hyejoo was fighting a losing battle for their team, seeing as how she only had one life left and Yeojin and Yerim were both on two, not to mention the fact that it was two against one.

 

“Ha, take that, Hye!” Yeojin cried triumphantly as Hyejoo’s avatar was blasted off the screen for the final time, courtesy of Yeojin. The end title proceeded to flash across the screen, declaring Yeojin and Yerim as the winners.

 

It wasn’t particularly surprising, especially as Chaewon was horrible at Smash anyway and having her on your team was basically a death sentence. 

 

Despite this, Hyejoo’s shoulder’s sagged, and she drew her knees to her chest and crossed her arms, not before throwing the controller to the ground theatrically. “Rematch.” she demanded, eyes narrowed as she squinted at the other team.

 

As if on cue, Haseul poked her head out from around the corridor, hair disheveled and eyes half lidded from sleep. “No, no, no. No rematches. No more playing. It’s two am.” she said, exasperated as she walked over, hands at her hip “You four will pack up your game, and go to sleep, like everyone else is. Okay? Good.” 

 

Yerim pouted, “But mom, I don’t want to be like everyone else!” she called to the older’s retreating figure, and her response was met with a door being closed rather softly. 

 

Behind the door, a muffled Hyunjin screamed “Go the to bed already!” and Yerim, bless her heart, had already started shutting down the console, albeit a little sadly, slotting her controller in its spot.

 

Yeojin turned to stick her tongue out at Hyejoo, rolling her eyes to the back of her head immaturely and flashing a eating grin.

 

The girl in offence scowled blackly, putting her own controller away, looking as if she wanted to kick Yeojin in a fashion very similarly to how her own character was kicked off the screen.

 

Chaewon hummed as they finally shut down everything, Yerim dragging a rather smug Yeojin into her room. 

 

This left Hyejoo and Chaewon alone in the living room, all lights shut off, the only illumination the gentle light of the lampposts outside.

 

Hyejoo was still in the same position, hugging her knees to her chest, bottom lip jutted out in a dissapointed pout, though Chaewon didn’t know if she was aware of it.

 

She gently ruffled the younger’s hair in a show of affection. And perhaps she had long stopped considering Hyejoo part

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter