1/1

Coming Back To You [Jinjoo Fiesta ver.]

 

 

 

 

FRIDAY, 3.00 PM IN TRAVEL MAKER CAFE

 

"Minjoo?" Yujin calls out Minjoo's name, causing Minjoo to shift her gaze from her phone's screen to Yujin's eyes. Minjoo smiles at Yujin. Yujin smiles weakly as she knows it may be the last smile Minjoo will give her. "What is this?" Yujin shows Minjoo her phone's screen. Minjoo's eyes widened as she realized what was on Yujin's phone. "Yujin, it is not what it's-" "Stop it, Minjoo. Do you even love me all this time?" The red-haired girl lowers her head "Answer me, Minjoo." Yujin lets out a soft sigh and keeps her phone inside her pocket before she lifts Minjoo's face. "Answer me, Minjoo." "I love you, Yujin. But Chaewo-'' Yujin let go of Minjoo's chin and immediately stood up. "Enough, Minjoo. Let's break up." "Y-yujin..." "Live a happy life without me. I love you, Minjoo. I mean, Minjoo unnie, always." Yujin wears her cap and walks out of the cafe, leaving Minjoo sitting there while sobbing. "Let me explain first, Yujin."

 

9.00 PM IN YUJIN'S HOUSE

 

Yujin steps out from the bathroom with her baby blue sweater and her grey sweatpants, drying her blue hair with a mini towel. She throws herself on her comfy bed and takes her phone on the mini table beside her bed. As soon as she turns on her phone, she stares at her lock screen and slowly brushes her thumb on the screen. "I love you, Minjoo. But I think we're not destined together." Yujin lets out a heavy sigh and smiles weakly to the picture of her and her love, Kim Minjoo who is now in love with a better person, Kim Chaewon. "How can I live as one now that my other half is gone, Minjoo?"  Yujin suddenly feels something warm on her cheeks. She wipes it. Tears. "I love you, Minjoo." is all she said before she curls herself and lets out all the tears she's been holding on. She tries to hit her chest to lessen the pain but it just makes her heart breaks more, knowing that she is this heartbroken when she's the one who left Minjoo behind. 

 

She then cries herself to sleep that night, all heartbroken.

 

IN THE MORNING, SATURDAY 

Pain is the only way to describe what she is feeling right now. The girl was trying to open her eyes. At last, she finally manages to open her eyes. Staring at the blue ceiling, she immediately remembers about what happened yesterday. Her sight is getting blurry. “No, Ahn Yujin. Stop crying.” She then gets off from her bed before he takes her towel and goes inside her bathroom. Before she enters the shower, she stops in front of the mirror and stares at the reflection of herself. She let out a sad chuckle. Her hair is all messy, her face is full of stains from her tears and her eyes are puffy. “So, this is what people feel after a heartbreak, right?” She then steps inside the shower.

 

Yujin steps out from the bathroom with her dark blue hoodie and her training shorts, drying her blue hair with a towel. She turns on her phone and plays a playlist she created a long time ago but never played it. breakup hurts 3 is the name of the playlist. The first song started to play. 

 

“Because I love you because saying I love you

Isn’t enough, no matter what word I say

Leaving me, who cherished only you

Where did you go

Did you go far away

Because you didn’t like me anymore” - Don’t Wanna Cry by Seventeen :”)

 

Yujin’s tears start falling down again as she hears the song. “You’re the only who I cherished, Minjoo. The only one I ever loved. Yet, you still managed to break my fragile heart.”, she mumbles alone.

 

To be honest, she doesn’t think that she has enough courage to do this, but deep inside her broken heart, she knows she wants this. She sheds her tears and stops the music. She changes her clothes to a pair of black jeans paired with a plain white shirt and her favorite black leather jacket. She puts on her baseball cap, to be exact Minjoo’s baseball cap, on her head and heads outside her house. She decided to just walk to her destination as the place is near. She walked and stopped in front of Minjoo’s house. “I should be calling you right now...” Suddenly, she can hear voices from inside the house. She quickly hides behind the tall tree near Minjoo’s house. “Minjoo, thank you for last night. It feels great to spend time with you.” “Stop it, Chaewon. You-'' Fearing what Minjoo says will end up hurting her, Yujin runs away from Minjoo’s house. She stops running after she’s out of breath. “I shouldn’t stop in front of her house earlier.” She thought to herself. She takes out her phone from her jacket’s pocket and turns on her baby blue Earpods and wears it. She scrolls down her Spotify and clicks her favorite playlist, healing session :”)) The first song starts to play. 


 

“You know those days

Those days where you're sad for no reason

Those days where your body is heavy

And it looks like everyone else except you is busy and fierce

My feet won't set off, though it seems like I'm already too late

I'm hateful of the whole world” - Zero O’clock by BTS

 

BTS’ songs never failed to make Yujin’s heart feel at ease. She let out a heavy sigh and started walking again. Seeing her destination from afar, she let out a small smile, remembering the memories.

 

Flashback

 

Yujin and Minjoo are sitting on one of the benches at the park after having a walk while staring at the sky. Both of them are busy looking at their own phones, scrolling down through their own social media. After a few minutes, Yujin turns off her phone and taps Minjoo’s shoulder. Minjoo turns around and smiles at her. Minjoo realized that Yujin is sleepy based on her sleepy eyes. “Are you sleepy?” Yujin just nods, making Minjoo grins. She taps her laps and says “Lay here. Take a nap for a while and I’ll wake you up later” Letting out her smile, Yujin lands her head on Minjoo’s laps. Being a clingy she is, Yujin snuggles her face into Minjoo’s stomach. Minjoo just smiles at her and pats Yujin’s back. “Should I sing you a song, Yudings?” Yujin can’t hide her excitement and nods fastly. Minjoo clears her throats and starts humming. Yujin’s smile grew wider when she realized what song Minjoo was going to sing for her.

 

“Woo really really like you

 

I’ve been waiting for a long time ago

With the sound of Spring that comes after the cold Winter

Unknowingly, my heart that has been asleep is now running

I am reminded of that time

 

I remember

That day we first met

I think we were very cold

Cuz I’m with you

Passing by the freezing Winter

The sprouts grow

 

Really like you, please hold my hand tight

Please don’t let go of this hand

So we can dream while holding onto our warm hands

I really like you, I really really like you

Since I’m with you I am able to dream a brightly shining dream again tonight

With you” - Really Like You by IZ*ONE

 

As she can feel Yujin’s soft breath on her exposed stomach. She stops singing and stares at the younger girl. “I love you, Yujin.”

 

15 minutes later, Minjoo realizes that it’s already past midnight. Softly, she calls out Yujin’s nickname. “Yudings, Yudings. Wake up~” Yujin sits up straight and opens her eyes half and gives Minjoo a smile accompanied by her dimples “Hm?” Minjoo suddenly lets out a soft chuckle. “Why are you laughing, MinMin?” Minjoo smiles and throws herself into Yujin’s embrace “Because I love you” 

 

End of flashback

 

Yujin found herself sitting at the exact bench where that scenario happened. She brushes the armrest using her thumb. There are her and Minjoo’s nicknames written there. 

 

‘MinMin <3 Yudaeng’

 

She smiles weakly and mutters “I miss your warmth, MinMin.” She stands up and decides to start moving to her next destination. As she was walking out of the park, she received a notification. She looks at it and gasps. It’s from Minjoo.

 

MinMin <3

Yujin?

What is it, Minjoo unnie?

MinMin<3

This is not Minjoo. 

This is Chaewon.

What more do you want, unnie?

You already take Minjoo unnie away from me.

MinMin<3

Stop talking to her. 

Delete her number right now.

Woah, what the hell?

Why should I? 

MinMin <3

Because you’re no longer her gf?

Woah, I’m surprised with you, Chaewon unnie.

Did you even get her permission to use her phone?

MinMin <3

Well, she’s the one who asked 

me to do so :)

Wtvr

 

Yujin turns off her phone with annoyance visible on her face. Chaewon has always been a kind and fairy-like person with the others but definitely not with Yujin. She realized that Yujin likes Minjoo and vice versa. Yet, she still trying to take Minjoo away from Yujin. And now, she accomplished her mission. Yujin lost the fight. It was Yujin’s fault after all. She was always being busy with her school projects and her volleyball training since she’s the captain this year. Chaewon then takes her chance to spend more time with Minjoo. To be honest, Chaewon has always been there for Minjoo whenever she has problems recently. After all, it was Yujin’s fault. She hailed a taxi and entered it before she told the driver her destination. 

 

She has already arrived at her next destination, Lotte World. Where her first date with Minjoo was. Where she confessed her feelings toward the older girl. She paid for the entrance fee and walked inside. All the memories are playing in front of her eyes.

 

Flashback 

 

“Yudaeng, look over here.” Yujin turns around. click! Minjoo takes her photo. “Hey, I’m not ready yet!” “It’s okay, Yudaeng. You look beautiful here hahaha.” Minjoo laughs out loud when she sees Yudaeng's face after she shows her phone’s screen to the taller girl. “Unnie, we didn’t play anything yet but you already teased me huh?” Yujin let out a naughty grin. “Yaa, don’t you dare...” Minjoo steps backward as she knows Yujin planning something in her head. “COME HERE, UNNIE!!” Yujin runs to chase the older girl. 

 

Being the captain of SOPA’s volleyball team, she’s definitely faster than Minjoo. She reaches out her hand and grabs Minjoo’s black and white lined shirt. She begins to tickle the older’s waist, causing Minjoo to break out a loud laugh. People who walk passing by them just let out small chuckles before a stranger stopped in front of them. The two stopped whatever they’re doing and looked up. The stranger then gives them a sweet smile. “You two look good together. have a nice date~” Before they can explain, the stranger leaves them dumbfounded. “That was awkward...” They look at each other and break out a loud laugh again. “Me, dating you, unnie?” Yujin says sarcastically. Minjoo’s smile suddenly disappears. Confused, Yujin cups Minjoo’s cheeks. “Hey, what’s wrong?” “Nothing. Just wondering...” “Wondering about what?” “Wondering if someone will-” Knowing what the older girl is gonna say, Yujin covers Minjoo’s mouth to stop her from talking. “There’s someone who likes you, unnie. Trust me.” Yujin takes Minjoo’s hands and stares at her eyes. “Now, let’s go?” Yujin smiles widely, showing her dimples and turning her eyes into small crescents. This somehow automatically makes Minjoo smile too.

 

End of flashback

 

Yujin smiled in pain when she arrived in front of the hotdog’s stall where she and Minjoo had been. Where they have their first kiss together. She walks toward one of the empty seats and takes out her phone. She opens her Twitter and the first thing she sees makes her chest tighten. It’s Minjoo and Chaewon’s selca posted by Chaewon with the caption “with the love of my life <3” Her heart clenched knowing that Minjoo is not hers anymore. She was about to turn off her phone before a notification came. It’s from Wonyoung. 

 

Wonyo~

Yujin unnie, have you seen the picture?

of course, wonyo:”)

Wonyo~

Stay strong, unnie. Just know that I’ll always here to lend my shoulder for you~

thanks, baby bunny


 

Yujin smiles weakly. The younger girl was always with her since they were just toddlers. Yet, she’s the one who keeps on receiving. She rarely gives Wonyoung anything. Yet, the girl is still by her side, saying that she’s happy as long as Yujin is happy. Yujin feels so lucky to have someone like Wonyoung as her best friend. She strolls around the theme park for an hour more and decides to go home and continues her strolls tomorrow.

 

As soon as she reached her house, she went straight to her bedroom and threw herself on her bed. The loneliness caught her again. “Kim Minjoo, tell me how you can unlove me just like that when I’m here all crazy about you. You are my everything, Minjoo.” Yujin starts to talk to herself while staring at the ceiling. “I wonder if you’re having fun with Chaewon right now. I wonder if you’re missing me too. I wonder if you even remember our memories anymore.” She keeps on mumbling to herself until she falls asleep without her realizing it. 

 

SUNDAY MORNING 

 

Yujin again wakes up the next day because of the sunshine that blinding her vision this morning. Even though the brightening light is invading her bedroom, she wakes up with a gloomy face. She looks down at her clothes and realized that she doesn’t change her clothes yesterday. “Urgh damn it.” She reached for her phone and her eyes widened. There are nine 90 missed calls. 10 from each of her friends. there are also tons of messages. She decided to answer them later and take a shower first.

 

After taking a shower and dressing up, Yujin sits on her bed with a towel hanging on her neck. While drying her hair with her right hand, she grabs her phone and opens the Grabby app and makes her order. She then puts her phone inside her pocket and walks to the railing to hang the towel. She then proceeds to the kitchen and takes out a 3-in1 packet of coffee and pour it into a mug. While waiting for the water to boil, her eyes roam around her house. Her eyes abruptly stopped at the sofa. She walked towards the sofa and found Minjoo’s sweater laying on it. She let out a very heavy sigh. “Now, how could I return this to her?” She decided to just ignore it there first once she heard the boiler’s sound. She walks to the kitchen again and pours the hot water into the cup earlier. 

 

After drinking her coffee, Yujin goes upstairs and changes her clothes. While choosing the clothes, she thought to herself, "Why am I doing this? It will only bring me pains after all." After a few minutes, she thought to just go to the last place they've gone to as a couple. The latter then cancels the order and continues choosing her clothes. She decided to just wear a comfy and simple outfit. She takes her favorite blue sweater, a white shirt and black ripped jeans. After dressing up, she walks toward the door of her room before she takes a few steps backward to get Minjoo's cap. She then continues her way outside of her house. Suddenly, her phone rings. Without seeing who is the caller, she answers the call.  “Yujin?” Just by hearing the voice, she recognizes the caller straight away. “Yeah?” “Can you come here right now?” She looks at her watch and answers the caller. “Yeah. there’s nothing left to do right now...” her voice trailed down. She can hear the other side’s sigh. “I know you’re strong, Yujin” She ends the call and walks straight to the opposite way of where she supposed to go, heading to someone’s house.

 

As soon as Yujin arrived in front of the latter’s house, she knocks the door. Within a second, a duck-like face appears in front of her. “Yujinie~” The duck human jumps on Yujin and hugs her tightly. Yujin can only scoff by the older’s action. As soon as the girl breaks the hug, she pulls her golden retriever inside her house. She pushes the younger to the sofa and takes a seat beside her. “Are you alright, Yujin?”, Yujin shifts her gaze and locks her eyes with Yena’s. Tears start swelling from her tears duct. “To be honest, unnie, I don’t know.” Her voice cracked. Yujin gulped before she continues “Everything is messing up. I-isn’t this is another d-dream? I-i can’t live w-without her, unnie. I-” Feeling her heart is clenching, Yena pulls the latter into her embrace, patting Yujin’s head softly. “It’s okay, Yujin. I’m here for you. Let it all out, Yujinie.” Yena starts tearing up too. She never sees Yujin in this condition and it hurts her how it’s Minjoo who breaks this young girl’s heart. She never thought that Minjoo will fall in love with Chaewon. Even though she’s not in the school anymore but she knows that Chaewon is getting closer to Minjoo recently since Yena always waiting for Yujin after the younger’s volleyball’s training at school but no one including her expecting that Minjoo, the school’s angel who was head over heels with the great Ahn Yujin will easily fall in love with the newcomer, Kim Chaewon. How she wishes to undo the time so that she can prevent Chaewon from getting near Minjoo. 

 

“Unnie…” Yujin’s voice snapped her out from her thought. Yena breaks the hug and cups Yujin’s face. “What is it, Yujin?” Yujin’s face scrunched and there she goes again for another round of tears. Yena can’t help but cry along with Yujin.

 

After literally an hour of crying, the two finally stopped and now is cupping each other’s faces. They wipe each other’s tears and can’t help but laugh at each other’s messy faces. “You really look like a lost puppy, Yujin.” “Well, at least I’m the one who needs to cry. Why were you crying, unnie?” Yena pinches Yujin’s cheek before she replies, “How can I not cry, Yujin? My little sister is crying but I can’t do an-” Yena’s words were cut when Yujin pulls Yena into her embrace. “Thank you, unnie. I really owe you this time.” Yena chuckles and pats the younger’s head. “So, do you somehow feel better now?” The younger one nods her head and gives Yena her famous dimple smile. 

 

“Yujin?” Yujin who was busy stirring the hot choco stopped and shifted her gaze to Yena. “I don’t know how things can become like this but I can feel something wrong about this. Like, how can she suddenly change like that? She was talking about how you look cool when you were practicing three days ago and poof! She was suddenly going out with Chaewon without even telling you!” Yujin lets out a sad chuckle before she replies, “I know, right?” Yujin takes a look at her watch and realizes she needs to go now. “Unnie, I think I need to go now.” “Uh? Okay, then.” Yujin then holds out the cup to Yena and grabs her cap. Before Yujin can reach the doorknob, Yena grabs her wrist. Yujin then gives Yena a confused look. “What is it, unnie?” “If anything happened, tell me immediately, okay? I don’t like to hear about you from other people's mouths.” “Okay, ducky~” She then goes outside the house before waving to Yena one last time. After assuring that Yena has closed her door, Yujin wears her cap and walks to her destination.

 

4.00 PM AT TRAVEL MAKER CAFE

 

Yes, Yujin is here, alone. She makes her order and sits on the most hidden spot. As soon as her drink arrived, the worker or the boss to be exact suddenly sat in front of her. “I know it’s a bit too late, but are you okay, DaengDaeng?” Yujin matches her gaze with the latter in front of her and gives her a weak smile. “I don’t know, Eunbi unnie.” She then takes a sip of her green tea. “Well, I saw you when it happened. I’m sorry to ask you this but do you give her a chance to explain anything? I saw you stopped her from talking. What if you misunderstood her, Yujin?” Yujin is taken aback by Eunbi’s question. She slowly shakes her head, earning a sigh from Eunbi. “You should ask her later, Yujin. At least, give her a proper closure.” Eunbi ruffles the younger’s hair and then stands up and goes back to the counter. Yujin then stares at the older’s back until she disappears into the kitchen. Yujin lowers her head, thinking about Eunbi’s words earlier. 

 

Suddenly, she hears a very familiar laugh. She lifts her head and what she is seeing now makes her boiling with anger. Not far from her, there is Chaewon who is caressing Sohee’s cheeks, who apparently is her ex-girlfriend. She was thinking to slap Chaewon’s face but she knows she shouldn’t make any scene here so Yujin stands up and walks past their table and shouts, “Eunbi unnie, I’m going to pay!” That successfully attracts Chaewon who is now looking at Yujin with fear in her eyes. Yujin just gives her a smirk and proceeds to pay for the drink. She then walks out of the cafe while fixing her cap. She then decides to just go back home since it’s getting darker outside.

 

As soon as she arrives at her house, her stomach suddenly growls. She’s indeed hungry. “What should I eat now?” She sighs as she realized that she’s too distracted with this breakup that she forgot to eat. A notification suddenly slides in when she was choosing her food. 

 

Wonyo~

Unnie, open the door!

Confused, Yujin texts the latter. 

Ehh, but why?

Wonyo~

Just open it >_<

 

Yujin then walks to the door and opens it to be surprised by Wonyoung’s face that is too close to her. Wonyoung notices that Yujin is fluttering just laughs and walks inside to the kitchen and puts all the snacks she bought earlier in the convenience store. Yujin closes the door and walks towards the younger. “What’s that, Wonyo?” “Have you eaten yet?” Wonyoung answers Yujin’s question with a question. Yujin smiles as she realizes that Wonyoung bought her the food. Wonyoung smirks and says “I think I know you too well, unnie. Here, eat your favorite tteokbokki.” Wonyoung holds out the tteokbokki which Yujin gladly accepts. “Thank you, kiddo.”

 

They are now rewatching their favorite drama, Extraordinary You for the nth times. Yujin suddenly remembers what happened earlier at Eunbi’s cafe. She decided to tell it to Wonyoung. “Wonyo?” No answer. She takes a peek at the latter and lets out a soft chuckle. Wonyoung is sleeping with her head on Yujin’s shoulder. Slowly, Yujin lifts up the younger in bridal style and goes to her room. She twists the doorknob and uses her feet to open it. She then walks slowly, trying no to wake up the girl and puts her on the bed slowly. After putting on the blanket for Wonyoung, the latter takes out her phone and messages Minjoo.

 

hey, Minju unnie. 

it’s me, Yujin.

I know I have no right to say this but 

please look at Chaewon unnie carefully.

I just saw her flirting with Sohee 

unnie at the cafe last evening.

ˢᵉᵉⁿ

Yujin let out a sigh. Before her tears can roll down her face, she wipes it and immediately changes her clothes and lays beside Wonyoung. She closes her eyes, hoping that the pain will disappear tomorrow.

 

SUNDAY

 

The sun shone all over the place. Yujin groans as she wakes up. The sun rays are hitting her skin. The sound of birds chirping and car engines starting welcomed Yujin’s ears. Wait, there’s something else that welcomes Yujin’s ears. She opens her eyes and sees a girl who is snoring softly. As she was trying to sit without waking the younger up, Wonyoung suddenly pulled Yujin into a tight hug. Wonyoung put Yujin’s face on her neck and pat the older’s head softly. “It must be hard for you, unnie.” Yujin feels her heart tightens, causing her to snuggles into Wonyoung’s neck. “I just love her so much, Wonyo” Wonyoung can feel that her shirt is getting wet with Yujin tears. Pulling sobbing Yujin deeper into her embrace, She pats Yujin’s head and rubs her back, trying to comfort Yujin. “I know, unnie. I know.” Yujin then continues crying, letting all the pain out again.

 

After a while, Wonyoung taps the older’s shoulder. “Feeling better?” Wonyoung asked, earning a nod from Yujin. Wonyoung slowly breaks the hug and cups Yujin’s cheeks to wipe all the tears left. “Now, go take a bath while I make you your favorite hot choco. Yujin weakly nods and gets off the bed, heading to the bathroom. 

 

After Yujin finishes taking a bath, she immediately goes downstairs and walks straight to the sofa as Wonyoung is already there. Seeing the younger, Yujin tries her best to give her a sincere smile. “Here, take yours.” She gladly accepts the mug from the younger and immediately takes a sip of it after taking a seat. “As expected, Wonyo’s hot choco never betrays me.” Hearing the older’s compliment, Wonyoung can’t help but let out a chuckle. There was a silent moment before Wonyoung dropped the question that has been haunting her for three days ago. “Unnie?” “Yeah?” “How can this happened?” Yujin lets out a heavy sigh after hearing the question. “I guess I’m not that goo-” “UNNIE!” Yujin startled as the younger raised her voice. She looks at Wonyoung with a shocked look. “You are beyond perfect, unnie. Stop saying those things. You are worth the universe, unnie. Believe me.” “Then, why does she leave me?” Wonyoung is taken aback with Yujin’s question. “I-i’m sorry unnie. I-” “No, no. It’s not your fault at all. Do not apologize. Come here.” Wonyoung then goes beside Yujin and takes a seat. Yujin then pulls Wonyoung into a hug as a sign of gratitude. “Unnie?” Wonyo mumbles in Yujin’s embrace. “Yeah?” “Do you have anything to do today?” Yujin spacing out, trying to think about any plans she planned before. But, nothing on her mind right now. She shakes her head, causing Wonyoung to sit up straight, breaking the hug.” Then, let’s go out!” “Urm, but I don’t fee-” “That’s why I’m going to bring you out, unnie~” Yujin sighs and let out a weak smile. She ruffles Wonyoung’s hair. “Thank you, Wonyo.” Wonyoung smiles cheekily and stands up, holding out her hands which Yujin gratefully takes. 

 

After changing to proper clothes and giving Wonyoung’s outfits, Yujin goes downstairs and sits on the sofa. While waiting, she takes out her phone and opens her chat with Minjoo. She sighs as Minjoo still didn’t reply to her. She can only hope that Minjoo does something. “Unnie, let’s go!” Yujin turns her head and gives Wonyoung a smile.

 

They arrived at their favorite restaurant. They took their favorite spot and began to look at the menu. “It’s really been a long time since we’ve been here, Jang Wonyoung ssi~” “Ahahaha, what is it with that sudden formality, Ahn Yujin ssi?” Yujin playfully hit the maknae “Yaa, I’m your unnie!” Wonyoung laughs it off before she calls the waiter. After ordering their foods, both of them are now scrolling on their social media. Soon, the food arrives, they eye the foods with hunger visible in their eyes. As soon as Yujin picks up the cutlery, Wonyoung stops her and takes out her phone. “Let me take your photo, unnie.” Yujin was about to decline it but seeing Wonyoung’s pleading face, she lifts up the spoon and fork and starts posing. Wonyoung giggles after taking it. “You look cute unnie!” “Now, let me take yours.” Yujin takes out her phone and takes a few shots of the younger. She showed the pictures to the younger and praised her before both of them started to eat their food in silence. After they finished eating, they walk out of the restaurant “Let’s go to our favorite park!” Yujin stops from walking as she remembers that the park they usually go is the same as the park she and Minjoo always go. “Can we go somewhere else? I don’t want to go to that one.'' Being understanding as she is, Wonyoung then brings Yujin to Han River Park instead. 

 

They are now sitting on the edge of the lake while eating ice cream and swaying their long legs. “Hey, I still can’t understand you!” Wonyoung stares at Yujin. “How come do you like that mint choco flavor? It tastes like toothpa-” “ ”NO, it is not!” Yujin can’t help but giggle. “But, it really-” “NOO!” “Hahaha, okay okay” Yujin chuckles but suddenly the thoughts of Minjoo come into her mind. Wonyoung noticed how Yujin expression suddenly sink. “Let’s go back to your home, unnie.” Wonyoung finished the last bite of her ice cream and stands up while holding out a hand to Yujin. Yujin lifts her head and takes Wonyoung’s hand. The two of them then started walking back home.

 

As soon as they arrived in front of Yujin’s house, Wonyoung suddenly pulls Yujin’s sleeve. “Should we get some snacks? We’ve finished all the snacks I bought yesterday.” Yujin just nods and started walking in another direction. As soon as she reached Minjoo’s house, she abruptly stopped. “Unnie, stop thinking about her, please? I can’t-” “She’s still older than you, Wonyoung.” Yujin said with a stern voice. “Sorry.” They both then start walking again with awkward silence filling the moment. As soon as they arrived at the store, both of them separates their way and go grab their favorite foods. Wonyoung is currently hesitating if she should buy a tube of mint choco ice cream. “Just take it, I’ll pay for it.”, Wonyoung turns around to the voice. It’s Yena the duck. “Unnie! What are you doing here?” “What else, kiddo? I’m here to buy snacks.” Yena facepalmed herself after hearing the younger’s question. Wonyoung can only giggle after hearing Yena’s answer. “Let’s go.” The two then head to the counter before they see Yujin. What makes them stop is that the said girl is literally sobbing behind one of the shelves. Wonyoung immediately runs toward her and immediately gives Yujin a tight hug. Realizing the younger’s presence, the latter immediately stops and wipes all the tears. Yena just let out a sigh and walked towards the two. She hit Yujin’s shoulder in a playful manner and put her arms around Yujin’s neck. “You really don’t need to pretend like that, you know.” Yujin lets out a sigh while patting Wonyoung’s head. The three of them then proceed to the cashier and Yena pays for everything which Yujin and Wonyoung thanked her for. 

 

As they were walking out of the store, Wonyoung caught her eyes on someone, causing her eyes to widen. She turns to Yujin and pulls the latter to the bushes near them before Yujin can look at the said direction. Yena, who is confused, just follows them. “Yaa, Wonyo, what is it?” Yujin tries to look at where Wonyoung just looked but Wonyoung is faster by putting her hands on Yujin’s eyes. “Promise me you won’t go to them first.” Yujin tries not to expect the worst and nods. Slowly, Wonyoung takes her hands away and gently holds Yujin’s wrist.

 

It’s Chaewon. Kissing. Sohee.

 

“What the-” Yujin mumbles between her breath before she stands up from her hideout. Wonyoung holds her back and whispers, “Unnie, don’t do this!” “Let me go, Wonyoung.” Yujin sternly said. Wonyoung can feel a shiver ran down her spine when she heard Yujin’s angry voice. Slowly, Wonyoung pulls away from her hand. “Yaa, Ahn Yujin. You better don’t do anything stupid.” Yena holds her shoulder. Full of anger, Yujin hits Yena’s hand. “Both of you better stay out of this,” Yujin says without looking at them. 

 

“YAA, KIM CHAEWON!” Chaewon and Sohee startled which breaks their kisses. Chaewon immediately pulls Sohee behind her back. Yujin points her finger at Sohee. “YOU STAY OUT FROM THIS TOO!” Yujin furiously walks to Chaewon and pulls her sweatshirt before giving Chaewon a strong punch. Chaewon’s face tilted to the left due to the strong force. Yujin breath shaking due to her anger. Chaewon just let out a smirk and chuckles after her eyes met Yujin’s. Suddenly, three guys out of nowhere appear and surround both Yujin and Chaewon. “YOU COWARD!” Yujin shouts and gives Chaewon a strong kick on her stomach. Chaewon falls to the ground, groaning in pain. Before Yujin can storm to Chaewon, one of the guys pulls her backward and about to swing his fist to Yujin’s face. Yujin closes her eyes but realized the punch didn’t hit her face. She opens her eyes and sees Yena holding the guy’s arms back. Yujin takes this chance to punch the guy on his face. “YUJIN UNNIE!” Yujin turns around and a bat hits her head. She falls to the ground helplessly. She groans in pain while holding her head. She can feel the world is spinning. She can hear footsteps coming towards her. “LET ME GO!!” Wonyoung’s shout makes her lift her head. Wonyoung and Yena are both being held by those bastards. Suddenly, Chaewon squats in front of her and holds her chin. “I can finally beat you thanks to your stupid ex-girlfriend, Ahn Yujin” Anger boiling up in Yujin causing her to stands up and push Chaewon to the ground. Without hesitating, Yujin releases a series of punches to Chaewon’s face. “Yujin, stop!” Yujin ignores Yena’s shout and continues punching Chaewon’s face. Even though struggling, Chaewon lifts her hand and snaps her fingers. Yujin stops and looks up. The guys who were holding Yena and Wonyoung are now beating those two up. “YOU B**TARDS!" Yujin gets up from Chaewon and storms off to the guys and gives one of them a heavy kick, causing the guy to fly away from Wonyoung. Another guy who saw it suddenly stopped beating Yena and stepped backward with fear.

 

"What are you doing?! BEAT THAT A**HO*E" Chaewon screams at the frightened guy. 

 

The guy somehow snapped up and now ran towards Yujin. Yujin who is filled with anger just stands still, waiting for the attack. However, the guy is somehow smart. He runs toward Yujin holding his fist up but after he arrives in front of Yujin, he lifts up his leg and kicks Yujin. Yujin, who isn't expecting that, is thrown away by the sudden force, landing on the ground. The guy ended up on Yujin and punching her face. Yujin tries to defend herself by lifting her arms but it's no use. She can feel herself getting weaker by every punch. “AHN YUJIN!!” Both Yena and Wonyoung runs to her but ends up on the floor as Chaewon pushed them hard. “Stop,” Chaewon commands the guy. The guy stops and gets himself away from Yujin. Yujin is now lying, breathing heavily. Blood is visible on her face.

 

Chaewon squats down again and holds Yujin’s chin. “Thank you for giving me your easy ex-girlfriend, Ahn Yujin. Just like what people said, she’s too easy to get and I see why. You. Are. Powerless.” Chaewon then walks away followed by Sohee and the guys. 

 

Wonyoung and Yena immediately rush towards Yujin, helping her to sit up. “I’ve told you not to-” “That’s why she leaves me.” Yena stops talking when she Yujin cuts her word. “I’m just a weak and powerless high school student.” Yujin manages to stand up straight despite her condition. “I just don’t give any benefits to her.” Wonyoung gives the crying girl a light hug. “Stop saying things like that, unnie. You’re just hurting yourself.” Yujin breaks the hug and gives a light squeeze on her arm. “Let’s just go home now” Yena rubs both of their backs. She gets into the middle of them and holds both of their hands. Three of them then walk together with Yena supporting weak Yujin.

 

As they walk home, Yujin suddenly suggests them to stop by the playground nearby for a while. “But, we should treat your wou-” “It’s not like you didn’t have some bruises too,unnie” Yujin chuckles seeing Yena’s flustered face. They then walk towards the playground before Yujin abruptly stops. “Yaa, why do you suddenly stopped?” Yena sensing a scared face on Yujin’s face looks at where the girl is staring. It’s Minjoo, alone, sitting on one of the swings. Yujin was about to approach the said girl before Wonyoung holds her back. “Let me ask her. Unnie, wait here.” Wonyoung then walks to where Minjoo is. “HI, unnie~” She greets Minjoo. “Ahh, Hi Wonyoungie.” Minjoo gives her a wide smile but Wonyoung can sense something wrong. “What are you doing here all alone unnie?” “I’m waiting for Chaewon unnie.” Wonyoung was taken aback by Minjoo’s answer. “How long have you waiting here, unnie?” Minjoo then takes a look at her watch before answering. “30 minutes? I’m not sure. Why?” Yujin who is hearing gets furious. How can Chaewon leave Minjoo here? Wonyoung lets out a sigh before she continues, “Unnie, I think you shou-” Minjoo suddenly realizes that there are bruises all over Wonyoung’s arms and face. “What happened to you, Wonyoung?” Wonyoung flustered and quickly try to make an excuse. “Ahh, it’s nothi-” 

 

“YOUR F**KING KIM CHAEWON DID IT TO HER!” 

 

Wonyoung lets out a heavy sigh and turns around to meet her eyes with Yujin’s furious eyes. Minjoo who was shocked by Yujin sudden burst stands up from the swing. “W-what d-do you mean, Ahn Yujin?” Yujin suddenly lets out a sad chuckle. “Are we going with formality now, Kim Minjoo sunbaenim?” Minjoo hangs her head down as she realized what she called Yujin earlier. But that is when she realized that Yujin’s face is all bruised. She eyes the taller and noticed there are too many bruises on Yujin’s body compared to Wonyoung’s. There are even blood stains on Yujin’s face. She looks at Yena who is supporting Yujin and realized that the older have bruises too. “Wait, is it true, Wonyoungie? Did Chaewon unnie really did this for you guys?” “Yes, unnie” “No. I-it c-can’t be.” Minjoo trying to deny the fact and points her finger at Yujin. “YOU! You are trying to make me hate Chaewon, don’t you?!” The three of them gasps in shock as they didn’t expect Minjoo to acts like this. Yujin’s eyes are getting teary. She pulls herself away from Yena and walks by herself towards Minjoo. A tear escaped her eyes before she replies “You really h-hate me that much, huh?” Yujin tears keep on rolling down her cheeks before she suddenly turns away and runs away. “YAA, AHN YUJIN!!” Yena and Wonyoung turn around to face Minjoo. “You’ve really done something bad this time, Minjoo.” Yena then proceeds to catch Yujin. Wonyoung looks at Minjoo with tears all over her face. “L-look, Wonyoung. I-i k-know what I just did is w-wrong but Chaewon unnie will k-“ Minjoo’s explanation getting cut by Wonyoung as the younger says “You’ve already promised me to not letting anyone hurt Yujin unnie but you ended up hurting her by yourself, unnie! I hate you!” Minjoo can feel heart clenched when she remembers how Wonyoung is willing to give Yujin to her when Wonyoung has love Yujin longer than her, longer than anyone else. Minjoo was about to grabs Wonyoung’s hand before the younger run too. Minjoo falls to the ground, not believing what she just did. “I’m sorry, Yujinie. This is all for your safety.”

 

Meanwhile, Yujin has been running back to her home and locked herself in her room. She knows the girls will look for her but she really needs to be alone right now. Her pain in her body slowly disappears as the pain in her heart taking the dominant. Tears can’t stop falling from her puffy eyes. She falls on the floor, beside her bed. She sobs harder and harder while hugging her own knees. She can’t believe Minjoo could say such a harsh thing to her. Did all the memories of them together just disappears from her memory box? Is it not enough? Are all the love she poured to Minjoo before are not enough to tell Minjoo how much Minjoo means in her life? All the effort she has been pulling just to make Minjoo smiles. She was there when Minjoo failed her exam. She was there when Minjoo ran away from her house after Minjoo’s mother got angry because of her exam score. She was there when Minjoo needs a hug; when Minjoo needs a cuddle; when Minjoo feels like killing herself. She was there all the time when Minjoo was sad. Her one and only mistake were that she always can’t be there with Minjoo is happy. That’s it. She wasn’t there when Minjoo celebrates herself getting a full score in the next exam. That’s when Kim Chaewon appears. No one knows about Chaewon’s private life but one thing they know, she’s a flirt. She knows the fact a long time ago but she chooses to ignore it since she believed that Minjoo will never ‘cheat’. But guess she was wrong all this time.

 

‘Thump!, Thump!’ A loud knock can be heard from the door. “AHN YUJIN! OPEN THIS DOOR!” She can hear Yena’s voice yet she can’t help herself to stand and open the door. “YUJIN UNNIE! DON’T DO ANYTHING STUPID!” Wonyoung’s scream somehow makes her heart hurts more. A series of loud banging hitting her eardrums but she really is weak now. Yujin can only lean on her bed and covers her ears, trying to get away from the loud sounds. Tears keep on falling, her head suddenly spinning. She held her head, groaning in pain. Suddenly, the door opened widely. She lies on the ground as the headache winning over her. The last thing she can see is Wonyoung and Yena running to her. 

 

“YUJIN UNNIE!” and everything turns black.

 

Wonyoung is now treating every wound and bruises on Yujin’s body. She tries hard not to cry but seeing Yujin this heartbroken breaks her heart too. She lowers her head as the pain in her chest is getting vulnerable. She hits her chest repeatedly to lessen the pain. Everything that just happened really hurt her. She grabs Yujin’s hand and grabs it tightly. Tears cannot stop escaping her swollen eyes. “I shouldn’t let you go.” With that, Wonyoung passed out, tired from crying. Yena who was watching the whole time can just let out a deep and heavy sigh. She pushes her hair back and leans on the chair. 

 

Yena suddenly remembers what Chaewon said about Minjoo earlier. “What did Chaewon want from Yujin actually?”

 

THE NEXT MORNING

 

Yujin opens her eyes and groans. She can feel something heavy on her arm and realizes that Wonyoung is holding her hand. Using her other hand, She softly caresses Wonyoung’s hair. “Wake up already?” She turns to where the sound comes from and forms a weak smile. Yena walks inside while holding a tray with foods. “I’ve called your teacher so don’t worry.” Yujin just nods her head. “Should I wake her up?” “Nah, give her a little bit of rest. She passed out while crying last night.” Yujin feeling guilty about what happened to them. “I’m sorr-” “No need, Yujin. It’s really not your fault.” Yena pats the younger head and gives her the bowl. “Now, eat.” “Have you treated your bruises yet, unnie?” “Yeah. Yuri came over last night.” Just the thought of Yuri makes unknown warmth to spread all over Yena’s chest. “Whipped.” Yena suddenly snapped out and give a stern glare at the younger. “Yeah, I am. What’s with that?” “I never said it’s wrong though.” Yena rolls her eyes and changes the topic. “How about you? Are you feeling somehow better?” “Yeah, I’m alright. I’m the mighty Ahn Yujin!” Yujin jokes succeed to make Yena laughs like always. 

 

After finished eating, Yena goes downstairs to do the dishes. Yujin decides to wake Wonyoung up. Gently, she caresses Wonyoung’s head. “Wonyo, wakey wakey~” Wonyoung moves and groans. She lifts her head up with her eyes closed. Yujin chuckles at Wonyoung’s cute sleepy face. “Wake up, sleepyhead.” Wonyoung stretching while groaning. She opens her eyes and meets Yujin’s. “U-unnie” She stuttered as Yujin’s dimple smile make her heart flutters, like always. “Come here.” Wonyoung then sits on Yujin’s bed before Yujin pulls her into her embrace. “I’m okay right now so I don’t wanna see you cry because of me again, okay” Wonyoung stiffens due to the sudden contact. She doesn’t know why she’s acting like this. She just hums as a response.

 

The three of them are now sitting on the couch together in the living room watching a horror movie. Of course, the coward needs to be in the middle. Since ghosts start appearing, Yena can’t help but hides behind the giant maknaes. Yujin and Wonyoung can’t help but laugh at their scared unnie. Yujin reaches her hand o the bowl of popcorn on the table but found out that there are none left. She stands up and walks to the kitchen to refill the popcorn. Suddenly, her phone rings. A message from Minjoo.

 

MinMin<3

Yujin, help me

 

What is it, Minjoo unnie?

Isn’t Chaewon unnie there with you?

MinMin<3

She hits me Yujin. 

Just please, come here Yujin.

Wait, SHE HIT YOU?

WAIT FOR ME

DON’T GO ANYWHERE

MinMin<3

faster, yujin. it’s hurt….

 

‘’ Yujin thought to herself. “WONYOUNG, YENA UNNIE! MINJOO UNNIE NEEDS OUR HELP. JUST FOLLOW ME!” The two startled but immediately get their jacket She immediately takes her jacket upstairs and runs outside, followed by the two. They run to Minjoo’s house. It’s a relief that they live near. As soon as they arrived at Minjoo’s gate, Yujin pulls Yena and Wonyoung back and tell them to climb the wall instead so that Chaewon won’t hear them.

 

Meanwhile, inside Minjoo’s house, there are Minjoo pushing herself backward in fright as Chaewon slowly approaching her with a bat on her hand. “Do you think I wouldn’t find out? I asked you to pull Yujin to you. NOT TO DRIFTS HER AWAY! ARE YOU DUMB OR WHAT?!” “I-I’m sorry, unnie. I-” “STOP IT MINJOO! I KNOW YOU DO IT ON PURPOSE RIGHT? Minjoo gasps as her back touched the wall. She realized that this might be the end of her life. Chaewon laughs as she sees Minjoo’s hopeless face. “Just please, Chaewon unnie. I beg you. L-let m-me m-meet Yujin and then you can e-end my life. I’m begging.” “For what, to tell her that I’m going to kill you? No way, Minjoo. NO WAY!” Chaewon swings her bat towards Minjoo. In Minjoo eyes, every moment with Yujin suddenly playing in slow motion; The moment when she and Yujin had their first kiss together at Lotte World; the moment where she sang Yujin’s favorite song at their favorite park; the moment she breaks down when she failed her exam for the first time and there was Yujin, comforting her; and lots more moment she spent with Yujin playing in front of her eyes. “Saranghae, Ahn Yujin,” she mumbles before she closed her eyes.

 

THUMP! 

 

A loud bang can be heard. Minjoo feels something weird. ‘Why I didn’t feel any pain?’ She thought to herself. She opens her eyes when she feels a very familiar warmth wrapping her. It’s Ahn Yujin. “Y-yujin? I-is it y-you?” Yujin let out a sigh of relief as tears escaped from her eyes. She pulls Minjoo into a tight hug and caresses the older’s head. “I love you too, Minjoo unnie. I really do.” After hearing those words, Minjoo breaks down. She sobs and sobs as she tightens her grips on Yujin’s shirt. “I’m sorry, Yujin. I-” “No need to apologize,unnie. I heard it all. Thank you for saving me, unnie. I’m here for you.” Yujin then breaks the hug and cups Minjoo’s cheeks. She wipes all the tears on Minjoo’s face. “Look at me.” Slowly, Minjoo lifts her eye gazes to meet her favorite loving chestnut orbs. Yujin slowly approaches Minjoo. Minjoo closed her eyes before the soft lips she has been longing for captures her trembling lips. Tears escaped both of their eyes as they kissing passionately.

 

[THE END]