fin.

30 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clock seems to slow down its hands as Joohyun continued to stare at it mindlessly. She taps her feet to the beat blasting in her earphones as she closed her eyes and hummed. 

Office hours were the same as usual, plain and boring. 

She continued with her music trip until her young boss, Yeri, called her to her office. Unaware if she had done something bad recently, her fingers fidgeted on the side. 

She knocked twice on the door to catch Yeri's attention. She successfully did, so the other woman beckoned her over to sit in front of her big table. 

"What'd you called me in for?" Joohyun asked, eyebrows furrowed in concern. She loved her job no matter how boring it is, she didn't want to get fired for something she didn't even remember doing.

Yeri saw her inner struggles and laughed, instantly easing the tension inside Joohyun. The younger woman leaned forward and held up an envelope.

"Congrats unnie, you're being transferred to the higher department." When the words came out of Yeri's mouth, Joohyun couldn't help but plaster a grin on her face. She looked at the envelope and opened it. Inside was a certificate and written on it was 'promoted' in big bold letters.

---

It was the first day of her promotion. She made sure her skirt was nice and crisp, while looking at the mirror. Content with what she had, she smiled and went on her way to her new office. 

Big bright colors was the first thing that greeted her when she stepped inside the big office. New faces instantaneously turned towards her, some were smiling and some were filled with curiousity. 

But what caught her attention the most was the woman on the farthest back, smiling at her.

Joohyun didn't know what it was that made her eyes specifically fall on the woman, maybe it was her bright smile that rivaled the sun or maybe it was her squishy cheeks? She absolutely doesn't have an idea.

After being introduced by someone she recalls being called as Seungwan, she plopped down to her new home. She felt her chair and was instantly smitten with her recent office. The past gray walls from her old space is replaced with different doodles. In Joohyun's eyes, it was the cutest thing. 

She breathed the airconditioned air and smiled. This is a new start.

---

Seulgi.

That was the name of the woman she first saw here in the office. Seulgi. 

It seems kinda weird at first, she's not that accustomed to the way it rolls off her tongue. But after some weeks of talking and chatting every breaks, she got used to Seulgi's name.

Afterall, it has a nice ring to it. 

---

It's Joohyun's 2nd month in her new working space, and to say that it was fun is an understatement. The people around her were the friendliest, though she did miss Nayeon and Jihyo from her old office.

Because of the engagement of her boss, Sooyoung, they finally got to have a celebration on one of the bars near the area, and Joohyun took this oppurtunity to supply her monthly alcohol intake. 

 She was looking at her half empty glass when a woman slid on the chair in front of her. She looked up to meet half crescents staring at her. 

"Oh it's you." Joohyun smiled as she acknowledge Seulgi's presence. The latter just nodded, more eager than usual. It was when she noticed the pink tinge on her face.

They stayed sitted, just bathing in each other's presence with the drunk singing acting out as their background noise. Then Seulgi started blabbering.

"Do you think unicorns are real?" She asked, face serious and all. If not for the hand on her glass, Joohyun would have cracked up in laughter. 

"Of course it is Seul." She said, not wanting to disappoint her newly found friend. 

Seulgi nodded happily at the answer and gone back to thinking mode.

"Do you believe in love Hyun?" Seulgi asked in a hushed tone, whispering it like it was a secret that's only meant for them to hear.

The question caught Joohyun off guard. It was kind of a sensitive subject for her as her knowledge about love is that it's everything bad. Growing up in a broken household with screams and shouts keeping it all together taught her that no, love doesn't exist. 

So she shook her head without saying any word. 

The woman's answer sobered Seulgi. She widened her eyes in surprise and amazement. 

How can a person not believe in love?

Sure, Seulgi grew up with just her mother and brother, but her mother made sure that love is instilled and taught to her. 

Love may be one of the few things that makes her happy, and she's eternally grateful that it exists.

How come this woman doesn't believe in that magic?

With Seulgi's curious staring, Irene sighed and shrugged her shoulders.

"Bet I can make you fall in love within a month."

Irene laughs wholeheartedly, like everything that just came out of Seulgi's mouth was a well thought out joke. But then she notices the lopsided smile on her face, still and patient, waiting for her answer.

She definitely wasn't joking

"You're drunk aren't you?"

Seulgi shook her head and smiled instead. She waves off the bottle on her hand, like it was some sort of evidence to prove that she isn't drunk.

At this, Irene realizes her seriousness and her lips tightened into a straight line. 

"What are you betting on?"

Seulgi shrugs at her question and combed back her unruly hair. Her smile blinded Joohyun with how bright it is. 

"I don't know. I just want to prove you wrong about love." 

Joohyun sighs. She won't even remember any of this the next day so she just agreed. 

---

Day 1

Seulgi was in fact, not drunk that day. 

She twirls the key on her finger while looking at the amused Joohyun who was doing something on her desk.

"What are you doing here?" Joohyun asked, sipping on her hot coffee while typing away. She tried to calm her nervous heartbeat and focus on her work. But the charming girl was perfectly distracting her. 

"We'll go out," Seulgi smiles. "The bet remember."

And there goes the coffee on her desk. Seulgi looked shocked at first then she started laughing. Her head tilted back and her eyes was closed. Joohyun gawked at the woman, just admiring the way she laughed before cleaning her messed up desk. 

After harshly cleaning her keyboard, she met up with Seulgi who was sitted on her car, listening to something Joohyun wasn't familiar with. 

"Hi." She greeted the younger woman. Seulgi smiled at her before revving up the car. 

"Where are you taking me?" Joohyun asked, curious as to where this lady would bring her to. The other stayed mum, a mysterious smile planted on her lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter