End

Of confessions and sketchpads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For anyone who’s out and about in the park this afternoon, it would be just like any normal day. A normal day that is spent alone for some, and some with their partners – some are with someone they’re close with. Joy thought she falls on the last category as she looks around the people lounging on the ground, on the benches, or just around the park.

She then looked at her friend walking next to her, she studied the girl’s features; monolid eyes wandering, and cheeks turning full when she smiled.

The girl noticed Joy’s stare and turned to look at her, she smiled pulling the taller girl along with her to the empty bench at the side of the pond in the park.

They plopped themselves and stared intently at the water glistening and reflecting the sky. Joy was still staring at her companion, who was now holding her sketchbook – she stared and stread trying to etch her friend’s facial features.

“Is there something on my face, Joy?” The girl asked but didn’t look at her as she intently drew on her pad.

Joy froze, she won’t deny she knew she was obvious with her staring, “No, Seulgi. I was looking at your cute drawing.”

“I’ve only drawn the outline though. See, it’s just shapes for now.” Her friend, Seulgi, said.

Joy just smiled and Seulgi turned her focus back on sketching – whatever she is trying to do. Joy thought.

She did it again, staring at Seulgi’s feature. The way she’s staring was as if she’s reading Seulgi’s mind, but nobody can do that. Seulgi may be transparent about her thoughts but it felt like sometimes the girl s hiding something from her, like a secret. Don’t we all have secrets? Of course Joy knows that, but the feeling to know itches on her yet she doesn’t want to ask, so she let her questions go.

This time her thoughts were occupied of a lot of unspoken words. Words she wants to say to Seulgi, words that formed to questions, questions that needed answers.

Joy turned away, trying not to be too obvious and looked ahead. She saw how the sky is now painted dark orange, the sun is almost setting.

“Beautiful.” Joy said to nobody in particular.

“Yeah, beautiful.” Is what she heard from Seulgi.

She spun her head and saw Seulgi looking at her with a wide smile plastered on her face, eyes eventually forming into slits. Joy stared at the girl again, making Seulgi shift in her seat then she quickly turned back to her sketchpad.

It was getting dimmer but the fire inside the pit of Joy’s stomach and in her heart burned brighter. She wanted to do somethi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter