Open Your Eyes

Mister Fireman

Everyone mourn over Jongin. It has been three days since he left them. Aera rocks his daughter in her arms to the dreamland. The little baby were sleepy. Her father died before she can reach three years old. Once Byulna fell asleep, Aera place her onto her bed and close the door behind her. There was a fire accident at his workplace and it cost his life ultimately. Among her guest for today, Jongin's manager, his co-workers and some of his close acquaintance. The last time she saw him still alive was the last winter. Their family usually celebrate Christmas and New Year altogether but Aera didn't expect it will be their last. Today his funeral was held at his apartment. Their family couldn't afford to hold a bigger one for him. Soojung was so busy, same like the first day. Eventhough she's just lost her husband, Soojung is a strong woman,a strong mother. She won't show them she's weak but she cries in her sleeps. Perhaps dreaming of Jongin finding her in there.

Choi Jongin is a great Executive to his staffs. Everyone love and admires him. He's also a great father and husband. Byulna always wait for him to get home after work and spend time on weekends with him,along her mother. Jongin was her role model and she's still can't believe that he's gone. To their parent, Jongin was their golden child but seeing that their mom already went back to open her busy wet market by the countryside, she wanted to be alone and not keeping herself holding onto his death for too long. Life must still go on but Aera believe that every night she will be crying to sleep. Their father remarried to another woman and now he live with that family but he came for the first day, before his second wife dragging him back to Seoul as soon as possible after saying the last goodbye to Jongin.

"Have you eaten yet?", Soojung stare at her in tiredness. Her red and swollen eyes were visible to Aera. She realized that she has been spacing out while watching Soojung busy from the kitchen to the living room back to back. Aera lost her appetite since the moment she was call to be informed that Jongin has passed away, from Soojung. She shook her head slowly. "Wait here, I will get you some food", Aera try to get her energy back by smiling and that show Soojung she probably will eat.

-----

 

Aera slip into her office and start her day. There's no way the work keep coming in would let her rest. Work are non-stop here. She's just an admin in her hospital university, patient would walk in anytime soon. She crack her fingers before looking out by the window, the day started off with heavy raining, like they know Jongin is no longer here.

Her day eventually went well and there's only fifteen minutes left before she can clock off from her work. Aera clean her desk and take her phone with her handbag, head out to the parking.

"Yeah?", Aera close her door and insert her key before revving her car. Soojung is calling. "Are you gonna be late?", she sound so anxious, that make Aera to feel the same too automatically. "No.. I'm on my way.. what's the matter?", her head was pounding quicker by second. "I got a phone call earlier and they're coming over", Soojung sound really like she doesn't know what to do. "Who are they?", Aera hit her pedal. She put Soojung call on her bluetooth airpod.

"Uhh they said from the Arson Unit, remember Officer Byun?", on that name mentioned, Aera become more confused. "Why would they call you?", Soojung was quiet on the line. "It's alright, I'm almost home", Soojung said nothing before she end the call. She can feel something big is about to happen to them.

 

When she arrived by the porch, there's already a sleek car park before her's. The main door was open and Aera carefully step in while easing her heart down. Once her face met with Soojung's, she could see that the conversation with the guest was about to get shocking one. She made herself known with her greeting the officers. "Hello, nice to meet you", the two officer stare at her way and they smile back to greet her.

"Where's Byulna?", Soojung shook her head. "Jooin came and took her to my family's house for today, I asked her for help. Aera raised her eyebrows but later calm herself back again. She face their guest, finally showing her interest to them. "So what's going on?", the one she recognized as Officer Byun purse his lips. "Sunbae, let me", the seems younger one take the lead. The brown haired, introduce himself to her. "As both of Ms. Choi know, we concluded Mr Choi's as accident but..I'm afraid that it won't be that case anymore. What about I'm going to tell you, I ask for your to remain calm..", Officer Byun look over Soojung soon his heart feel heavy to deliver the bad news but mask it quickly as Aera meet him in the eyes.

"Based on the recent request that we considered, we found out that from the reinvestigation, there is a combustion material that spark the first fire. It was concluded as premeditated plan to set the building into a big fire. We are currently finishing the investigation meticulously", the Officer Jaemin elaborates,his name tag was big as it's easy to get his name without asking. He look over his senior officer to see his reaction. To his comfort Officer Byun didn't seem like he would add something more. 

"Oh My God..", Soojung cover as she gasp. "How could this be?", Aera was seriously shocked that someone could do this to her beloved brother. Both of the officers decide to give them some time before continuing their conversation. Soojung was already lost in her sadness while Aera try to stay focus on their conversation. 

"You can either come to our office to get the new report we have or we can send you the documents quickly. This is our original report..but we are very sorry that we can't let you hold onto that", Officer Byun scratch his nape as he glare to Officer Jaemin. They must have a miscommunication about bringing the copy for the bereave family.

Aera waste no time to get a hold onto the document in the big envelope. She couldn't understand what type of scientific words on the lab results. "I want to meet with this Mr. Lee Taeyong? He's the one who are in charge with my brother's case, right?", both officers nod and said yes with their own voice together. "Since it's already late, I'm grateful to both of the busy officer", seems like there's nothing much she can get if she doesn't come to meet with Lee Taeyong.

Once the door closed, Aera watch as Soojung cry on the inside. They start to cook for dinner after she take her shower. Soojung was lost in her world yet again. "Soojung-ah, let me do this, go and take a sit there", Aera suggest but Soojung try so hard to stay wake. "It's alright, you must be tired from work. Let me do it, I'm okay now", Aera don't want to make Soojung think too hard about this and let her handle it. "I promise you, we will get through this together. So please be strong, alright?", Soojung wipe her tear and they continue to make the dinner for tonight.

-----

 

Soojung end up didn't have the courage to handle the heartbreak yet. She told Aera to take the rights to fight for their Jongin. Aera however understand that only her now that can go through the process of bringing her brother's murderer to justice. Whoever are they, Aera won't back down to fight it until they were throw behind the bar for life. They took her brother's precious life just because of their own selfishness.

Aera stride to the front counter and greeted by an officer. "Hello, how can I help you?", she's too pretty to be sitting here. "Hi, can I meet Arson investigator Lee", the officer wear her name tag Kayoung M raised a brow. "Wait a for awhile, please", she draw a simple smile. Aera nod as her eyes wander to the door which will bring her more deeper into the Saebom Fire Department building. After a few minutes, Kayoung put aside her office telephone, in front of her, there's a book log belong to her.

"Sorry to ask..have you book an appointment with him?", Aera grow flustered. "No..just a few days ago, officer Byun said that I can visit anytime", Aera feel small that she doesn't really know that she need to call and make an appointment again when the invitation was given before. "Ah..okay. May I know your name?", her pretty face almost scowling. "Sure.. it's Choi Aera", she blinks. Without saying anything, Kayoung speak to the phone again. "My apology Mr Lee but it seems like Baekhyun didn't informed me neither", Kayoung close her eyes and open it back to see Aera still looking at her. "Yes, I will send her in now". Once she put down the phone, Kayoung blankly ask her to walk inside and told her which room she will be looking herself, since she can't leave her seat empty just like that.

 

Aera rolled her eyes in her mentally, not showing how she really feel. She doesn't really need to tell people about it. She's here to find out what she can do with her all might to bring them to hell for killing her beloved brother. All the way she stride in, there's only one door that she need to find before meeting with the officer who's handling her brother's case. Once her feet arrived to the last door that belong to Lee Taeyong, Aera take a breather before knocking on it. She heard almost a growl behind it and that made her thinking this officer doesn't really like her visit today. "Yes..", she hear the man behind it exasperates. Aera rolled her eyes yet again before turn the knob open. She decide to be in good manner since he's the one that have been helping her with the investigation before and it's going to be same until it end. 

What Aera was expecting to see, it's going to be a grumpy old middle age officer and his office going to be full of unsolved case paper, boxes scattering around the room. He seems like an expert with his work. Sounds like he's too old to do this heavy and never ending work. But the first her eyes met with his sharp, big and steady set of eyes. To more her surprise, his face wasn't looking like he's thirty five to forty five years grumpy old man. Once he find it's wasting time to keep his eyes contact, he first rolled his eyes before undo his glasses, massaging his temple. "Take a seat, Ms. Choi", his low voice tell her what to do since she has been standing there for good three minutes without saying anything to him. A greeting would do but she didn't.

As Aera was hit by how different his voice and his face would be contrast with each other, her mind was snap back to Earth back again. She can't believe her eyes nor her ears. She couldn't imagine that someone a bit younger age, with that visual looking and y voice would be the investigator of her dead brother's case. Once again she hear his voice and it was him chuckling darkly. As if he knows that she has a problem with his good looking face. "Alright, just come in. And even you don't want to have a seat, please..make yourself comfortable in here", Taeyong stop at once talking when Aera stride so quick to his table. He watch as she didn't meet into his eyes ever.

"Okay..give me a couple of moment before I would be explaining to you about the case thoroughly", Aera nod and watch him while she make herself comfortable on the chair she's sitting right now. She can't help to watch where his hands are working on. It was earlier that she realized his room was clean and neat as heck. On his table, it was well organized with the few file he had. His arms are very good to look at, his veins were popping here and there. It was a sight. When she feel like caught in red, Aera feel her cheeks heating up. "You can stop looking at my arms now Ms. Choi. Let's get to the investigation result real quick, since you came unannounced", his voice was trying to make her feel that she is unwelcomed. "Excuse me? I was not!", she defend herself. Taeyong looks like he doesn't want to win over her anyways. He quickly dismiss it and put a robot like smile on his beautiful lips. 

"I'm Investigator Lee Taeyong as you know already and...", he inquire her attention when he stop at that. "I'm Choi Jongin's sister, Choi Aera", she got his point and Taeyong nod in impressment. "Like we said, apparently Mr. Choi's office was set on fire that started from his room's air conditioner. The circuit in the power box was overloaded but it was not accidentally. Here..take a look at this photo", Taeyong slid of the piece of paper to her on the table. From the picture, she can see few of wires that went off really bad. She can differentiate the colours on them. "The one here, exactly why the fire started", he point among the devious wire, that one which fried exactly. 

"There are more than this, right?", her eyes show that she's too eager and worked up. "Of course, based on my further investigation, the culprit who know how to make this happen, only to be happen someone who easily known about technical wiring. If you really want to know more, please consult with the police, I may only can help you until here", he explains but Aera did not look like she's satisfied. "I know about that but I'm asking you, what kind of people who really smart specifically know how to commit this arsonic crime? Who exactly the person you're pointing on?", Taeyong found her eagerness was getting too extreme. He's not a fan of a person like her.

"Actually my job are to investigate how the fire started and explain to you so you can proceed with the police. What kind of person they're, you need to speak with the inchaeyes detective. If you don't have any further enquiry, you can excuse yourself now. Since I'm still have many work to deal with", Taeyong's face was telling her to get out but she was disbelief on how he's treating her right now. "If it was wrong of me to ask this question, then I have no longer reason to see you again. Thank you for doing your job", Aera dismissed his rudeness to her. She wants to argue about she has the right to get treated nicely from him. But it will waste all her energy to do so. Aera stand up without looking his face. She grab the envelope that have the documents she needed and still feeling his eyes watching her moves until she's out from his room.

After exiting the fire station building, Aera messes her hair out of frustrated feeling. Lee Taeyong may be hot and good enough doing his job but he doesn't have a great attitude toward the people around him. She pray that she won't have to meet him again and now she's going to get busy with bringing his brother's justice.

-----

 

Turned out she was wrong. Because here she is and with the detective who is currently working with her, Lee Taemin. He happened to be Lee Taeyong's older brother. What a small world indeed. Taemin are different with Taeyong. Even they're both have good genes and luxurious life style. Taemin insisted that he would still need Taeyong's help in this case.

"Alright, here your Iced Americano", Taemin place her drink on the table. They are currently in a cafe and waiting for Taeyong's arrival. They all agreed to meet here and mostly it will be Taemin who asking Taeyong about some of the questions they are all can't find the answer yet. Among the suspect they have currently, most all of them literally didn't matched with the culprit they're looking for. It's not like Taemin wasn't good doing his job, he said it was better to double check again with Taeyong.

"Thanks", Aera curtly speak and as if he's really great at keeping his time, the door bell chime and Taeyong looking so extra fine without his work uniform. "There you are..", Taemin wait as Taeyong walk to the table and of course like a drama, all the women turn their head to him. "You guys are early", he bow toward them but Aera was so sure he don't really like her presence. "Yeah..Aera need to go back as quick as she can. So..what do you want?", Aera scoffs at Taemin's brotherly affection toward Taeyong. Unfortunately Taeyong can't help to hear her cold distantness act. "Anything is fine, hyung", he finally take his seat in front of her.

Taemin walk back to the counter while leaving both of them alone at their table. "How was it going?", Taeyong don't want to make the situation bad so he blankly asking to her. Aera didn't seem happy nor excited to meet him again. "Obviously we still working on it, Detective Lee said that we need your help. It's the same question I once asked you. Maybe the world need your help for everything", her last word was said more really quick than she expected but Taeyong can still pick up of what she said. Taeyong couldn't stand anymore to look at her face, so he his head to Taemin's on his way back to them. 

"So..shall we begin?", Taemin take his seat next to her. Taeyong found it weird that his face turn to her. Aera realize that Taeyong was looking at her rather than his brother. She ignore him and look at Taemin until Taeyong started to speak again. "Someone that could have done it doesn't have to be really work in technical occupation. His current job doesn't really count in this situation. As you two knows, maybe it has to be someone who really know which power box in Mr. Choi's room that cannot be overload it power", Taeyong explain and Taemin watch closely at his brother. 

"Do you still have no idea about it?", Taeyong out of sudden staring into Aera's eyes. Following Taeyong's eyes, Taemin found his face moving back to Aera's side profile. "I don't..but maybe we can find out who is it, tomorrow", she take a look at her wrist watch. "Oh..I think I have to get going..", Aera speak and both of the guys raised a brow. "Sure..thank you for coming..", Taemin quickly let Aera know that he's thankful for her time when she's on working day. Taeyong must be on his off day. Aera bow toward them and take her leave. She was about to open the door when she can hear Taemin and Taeyong was talking in a hush. She found that Taeyong's back was facing her and Taemin poking at his waist. "You're coming right?", she hear again and Taemin was acting so playful with his brother. But since she remember about her remaining work pending, Aera pull open the door without looking back.

--

"Hyung..you said you were coming!", Taeyong yell to his phone. "What do you mean? I'm here already!", Aera walk to his way, he wasn't facing her. "I'll punch the hell out of you when I'm home", Aera found it was intimidating but man are man, they sure like to joke toward others without lefting out of violence. "Good afternoon..", Aera pat his broad shoulders on the right. Taeyong look like he was really surprised when his face grow in horror. " Are you okay?", she look confused as he is. 

"Don't do this ever again! Talk to you later", he hush over the phone yet again before ending it. "It's nothing. So uh..Taemin said he can't come. Some work left to do urgently", Aera nods as Taeyong doing the explanation. "We still need to talk with everyone who regularly gets into his room, right? Or do we just quietly watch to their specific body language..?", Taeyong raised his both brows. "Both of it, you can ask or watch but I want to be doing it both. Let's get this done really quick", he cockily yet again speak without waiting for her to follow him. 

First Aera try to talk with Ten, he's Jongin's close friend, both of them works for this company along time ago. "Hi, Ten..uhmm..perhaps you're not busy?", Aera found him in his room. He quickly place his papers on the table and ask them to take a seat on his visitor's chair. "Hey, Aera..how were you doing?", he take her hand into his and caress it just out of his gentleman habit. They're in the same age but he's more acting older to her. "I'm okay but can you help me?", Ten slow his hands and nods. "What can I do for you, just say it", he sit comfortably by drawing closer to her way. 

"Can you tell me, what happened actually after he has been promoted? Did someone has threatened Jongin before?", upon listen to it, Ten was acting like he was nowhere comfortable anymore. "Oh, I heard from Jongin once, you know Jennie right? She tried to kill him once but seriously, I'm not so sure myself if she's behind this", his voice go lower  as he fail to fake the uncertaintyatching his face expression. Taeyong raised a brow at that. It seems like Taeyong is on something but Aera didn't have to ask him right now. 

"Why would she do that?", Aera play along with Ten. She can't really trust anyone yet, not even his brother's close friend. "Please don't tell Soojung, promise?", Aera shook her head slowly. "Oh Ten..how can I not, Soojung lost her husband. She has the right to know..just tell me", Ten sighs. "You are right. Once Jongin cheated on Soojung with Jennie but when he realized, he told Jennie to back off but apparently, Kim Jennie are not a nice person. Jongin really messed up but he had enough, so he told her to shut or he will fired her", Ten massage his temple but his leg wasn't shaking. A body language can be classified as a person who are telling lies. His temple wasn't decorate with veins popping, he's telling a big news to a person he couldn't have before. As a normal person, one will feel distress and showing discomfort but Ten was acting weakly. He might be not the person Aera should trust. "So maybe she could have plan this.. I'm so thankful to you", Aera fake a sad smile but Ten take it as genuinely. He go back to take his hands into her. "Don't say that. I hope Jongin's soul will be in peace later", Aera still have a question left to him but Taeyong beat it to her. "Does Jennie have someone might be helping her?", Ten shake his head. "Maybe she have one person since she couldn't do it alone but that person, I don't know maybe he or she might helped her", Taeyong nods. "What happened to your hand?", Ten was caught of guard. "You mean this? I got hurt before, it's really nothing", Ten hide his hand back. Aera did notice about it but Ten has been active in sports so she wasn't really sure of it. But Taeyong as a professional investigator, he couldn't be missing this one small detail.

It's getting late but Aera insisted to speak with Lucas, he's one of Jongin's most trusted person. Taeyong followed her to his house instead. Since all the people who worked today must have been clock off from the office. She called Lucas first and struggling to introduce who is Taeyong that will be coming to Lucas's house. "So I will be coming with Mr. Lee, my uhm.. boyfriend", she almost whispered. "Wow Aera now finally has her own homie", Lucas speak through the phone, he used the foreign slang but still Taeyong doesn't look confused at all. "Alright I'll see you in a bit", Aera slowly put her phone down and end the call. 

"So I'm your boyfriend now?", Taeyong currently driving her car to Lucas's house. Aera sit next to him timidly. "I'm out of ideas, just play along for awhile. It's not a big deal. I heard from Taemin you have never been a serious relationship currently, so just help me this time", he scoffs. "Hyung and his loose lips. What kind of boyfriend do I have to be?", he stop by the traffic light. "Anything..just not tsundere type, please", Taeyong nods. "You asked for it so don't regret it", his demeanor suddenly change drastically. "What do you mean?", Aera asked while they were getting down from her car but Taeyong only smirk one time, leaving her behind and walking to Lucas's door.

 

"Hi Aera!! Come on in!", Lucas's younger sister greet her and Taeyong by the door. "This is must be..Mr. Lee..wah I can't believe my eyes", she was stop being loud when Lucas was acting so loud than his sister already. "Damn Choi Aera! This is why you rejected me for? I'm way taller than him!", Lucas boom with his deep voice. Taeyong who was watching all the drama quietly had enough. He quickly snake his hand around Aera's waist. "And she chose me because I'm way more hotter than you", he smirk. Lucas was dumbfounded at how aloof Taeyong was acting. Aera was still processing in her head that Taeyong has cross the boundary. She get that he want to make it more real but he didn't asked her permission before.

"Can we just get inside already.. it's cold out here!", Aera squeeze out her voice. "You're cold? Then why your cheeks are heating up instead?", Lana, Lucas's sister back. "Alright, let's get you inside", Taeyong smirk and still bring her in with his hand right on her waist. "Sure..you guys eaten already. We cooked dinner more just because you guys are coming", Aera keep quiet while Taeyong the one who answer Lana back.

Even though Aera was acting strangely, Taeyong didn't care. She was the one who started it. So when Lucas and Lana was in the kitchen after the dinner, they're currently cutting some fruit for desert. Taeyong and Aera are waiting in the living room. "Wow, you really meant what you said. I think we can stop this now. How come you're so shameless? There must be some boundary to be honest", Aera quip quietly. "You told them I'm your boyfriend, then what kind of boundary you're talking about? A boyfriend can't touch his girlfriend, does it make sense to you?", Taeyong didn't even hesitate to deliver his point.  "You must haven't in a relationship before too, right?", he chuckled. Aera shook her head. "Oh sorry, unlike you cold like ice people, I at least dated once but it didn't work so bad. To tell you the truth, Lucas is my ex-boyfriend", she cluck her tongue. Taeyong seems like he's worked up for a bit. 

The sofa they were seating on together suddenly getting small when Taeyong close their distance. Aera was trapped right by her left side and he didn't even give a warn before his cherry like lips cups her lips. It was supposed to be awkward but Taeyong didn't show that he was being one. Feeling not enough, he even pushing her neck with his hand to deepen the kiss. Aera almost melt on his soft lips and she was about to lost her mind when she hear a clung noise from her back. 

Taeyong released her lips slowly. But he never back away yet. "Oh God, please go get a room!", Lucas boom. Once she push Taeyong away, Aera find the eighteen years old Lana was covering her face while Lucas was on the floor, picking up the fork for their fruit before disappear back to wash it again. Lucky that she wasn't holding the tray of plate. It was placed on the table, maybe Lucas who was holding it instead Lana. 

"I'm sorry if I interrupt you guys", she cover . Taeyong didn't look like he regret the thing he did. He chuckle for a second. "Maybe you did but it's fine, we can just continue it later", his voice didn't even waver for a bit. He was no longer sitting facing her. She can almost hear him chuckle to himself over his other side. After Lucas was back, they settle again in the living room. 

"Lucas..can we talk?", Aera finally starting her agenda for the night. Lucas look over the upstairs. Then he nods. Maybe he's looking up if Lana wasn't in her room, studying. "Before that, finally you guys are a couple now? Don't lie to me, Aera.. he's not your boyfriend yet when we were in front the door right?", he winks. Aera look over Taeyong and she scoff when Taeyong never look back to her, eyes on the television instead. "Nah, he's just out of his mind. Lucas...", Aera quips. "Alright, let's talk the real deal. Shoot me..", Aera smile down before looking up. "Jongin did cheat on his wife with Jennie, true?", Lucas's eyes grow big. "From where you heard that?", he was acting like he's in disbelief. 

"Ten told me but..I can't really trust anyone..", Lucas stare over Taeyong. "This must be an officer who's helping you out, right?", Aera nods. "Taeyong is from Arson Unit, Saebom Fire Department", Lucas put a small smile. "So you trust me?", Lucas's eyes were big yet again. "I don't know..we have been friends for years, I know you can be trusted but not right now", Aera pull back her hair behind. A sign of discomfort but Taeyong didn't missed the hopeful look she has over Lucas. "I don't really take it to heart about you. But yeah..Jongin did a wrong thing. Jennie is the one who have been threatening him. You know Jongin hyung right? He will do whatever to protect you guys", upon hearing that, Aera's eyes start to dry before her dam was heavy with tears. Taeyong took the courage to hold her other hand.

She absentmindedly squeeze his hand back. "But there's one thing more, Aera. Before the day Jongin died, he told me that he can't trust Ten anymore. He found out that Ten is the one who pay Jennie to seduce him and he regrets for falling into it", Aera wasn't strong enough to keep accepting shocking news. Taeyong sit next to her closely. "Lucas wasn't lying. Look, he has been stiff for awhile from the start. Just cry if you want", Aera didn't lean on his shoulder so Taeyong got that, their relationship wasn't going to even start. Apart from her squeezing his hand, it doesn't mean she was relying on him.

-----

She got a phone call and Jennie got into an accident while fleeing to New Zealand yesterday. Their lawyer succeed to put a hold on her travel ban but it was too late for Jennie and she decided try to run away from the airport to go in hiding domestically. While driving herself, there's a car coming too fast when she go against the traffic light. Jennie end up in coma. Tragic but maybe that's her karma for being one the reason her brother died.

The last time she saw Taeyong, it was at Lucas's house few weeks ago. Taemin has no longer mentioning Taeyong name around her. Her leave that she's taking still left a week and if she can't come back to work, she might need to resign. Aera currently still following Ten's tail. He might be meeting up with someone that might be a suspect like himself . She know it will be dangerous but she believes, her brother will be watching over her. Today she is driving few cars behind Ten's sports car. She knew that Ten don't really show some sadness over Jongin's death. He might as well enjoying that his biggest enemy had died.

Finally she arrived by the branded cafe in Apgujeong. Aera watch over Ten ordering his lunch to a waiter. From his back, the waiter look like he is someone fimiliar. When he face up his way to her, Aera couldn't help to cover . The waiter's face is exactly looking like her own brother. When he's coming closer to her, his name tag was named as Kim Jongin. Aera almost feel like she's about to faint but her doppelganger brother quickly aid to her side. "Miss...are you okay? Do I need to call ambulance?", the thing that making her more losing her consciousness, the Jongin in front of her has the same nice person like her brother. 

When she open her eyes, the blinding white ceiling is torturing her head. Her body feel so weak but she can hear the buzzling voices harassing her ears. Aera look over her right to find the same Jongin looking so worried. "Thank God you are alright", Aera draw her weak arm to his face and he grab her hand to turn it back to her. "I will call the doctor. You will be fine", he give her a small smile, this must be a dream. After that she fall asleep again.

 

Aera was quick to call Taemin and have him rushing to the Gangnam Hospital University. She didn't expect Taeyong to come along but she has more important thing to do. "If I tell you Jongin are alive, what will you do?", Taemin frown as he turn her head to check. "Choi Jongin body was cremated and you seen it for yourself!", he cried in disbelief. Taeyong who is stepping in back to her room, glare to his own brother. "What's wrong with you, hyung?", after feeling annoyed by his younger brother, Taemin stay quiet but start again. "She said Choi Jongin are alive..is it only me think that this woman have gone crazy already? I mean no offense", he exasperates. 

"Do you have the evidence that Mr. Choi are alive?", Taeyong stare at her in disbelief. "Geez, you people with evidence !", Aera hiss. "Move away, I'm going to find him again", Aera was already standing up to exit from the ER. Taeyong go after her only to stop her again. "Alright, let's say he's alive. What you gonna do? Go straight and scare the hell out of him?", Aera glare at him for second time today. "Why are you even here? Just leave me alone. Go away!", Taeyong shook his head. "Okay, what about I help you to get him and ask if he's really your brother", Aera rolled her eyes. "No, I don't need your help. Just stay away from me", she had enough and turn to leave him in the middle of the hall. "Let's go, come on Taeyong-ah",Taemin grab his brother's arm to get out.

 

She cross the street to find her brother. Aera went in and look for Jongin. She doesn't see his face so she go straight to the cashier counter. "Excuse me..", she clear . The people behind the counter go to where she is. "Yes miss. Is there anything can I help?", his name tag wrote Mark on it. "I was here yesterday. There's a guy named Jongin work here, right?", Mark frown on her question. "What about him?", he look like done to her. "Sorry but I can't give you his phone number. Please leave", he bluntly showing her the way out with his hand.

"You have misunderstood me, Mark. I'm not here to go away without my brother coming with me back. Please, I really need your help", she plead and Mark look so confused. "What do you mean?", he look at the back and call his friend to cover the counter for him. "Come, let's have a seat", he even offer her the chair to sit. They went to nearest table and on the same time both Taeyong and Taemin steps into the cafe.

"Did you found him?", Taemin was a bit rude to ignore Mark. "Not yet. Sit down", she smile in apology to Mark for him. "This is the officer who are helping me. Lee Taemin and Lee Taeyong", Mark nods and wait for them to speak. "Sorry about that..Mark..", Taemin read his name. Taeyong only smile to Mark for a second. "Okay. So..is Jongin your brother? I knew it there's something wrong with Jongin hyung", Aera gape . "He's really popular here so please pardon me. Jongin hyung started working here few weeks ago, almost a month now. Do you know Mr. Ten? He's the one who only visit Jongin here. At first I thought they were close friend but hyung told me that Ten always visit him here and make sure both of them to become friends. Whatever it is, Ten is really suspicious", Mark explain and three of them were staying quiet until Aera open again. 

"Thank you Mark. To be honest, the way to prove that he's my brother, if Jongin is able to recognize me. But he seems like having an amnesia. Did he ever mention if he have wife and a daughter to you?", Aera carefully hoping that his amnesia are not that bad. "Yes..but he wasn't sure himself. He said about feeling like he's belong somewhere but the person who took him to work here was a nurse from the hospital. I don't really know the detail but you can find her yourself, her name is Jimin, she's the boss cousin", Mark look away to find his superior. "That's my boss, I'll call him. Wait for a while".

She set a meeting with Jimin and will meet her tonight. The day went so fast and she can't wait to meet the nurse. She hope everything will be smooth. "I will be there with you. Taeyong is busy with his work. Is that okay with you?", Taemin drive her to home because she went to the cafe with taxi. She is fine after waking up. "Detective, you can tell Taeyong that he isn't needed anymore. He said himself his job already done on my brother's case. I only need you for now", she quip. "Ms. Choi, I'm sorry but if you don't really like him, you can tell that himself", Taemin deadpan on her.

"Who said I don't like him. It's just bugging me off that he keep confusing me. Alright, I'll talk to him myself if you want to", she excuse herself out and thank him for the ride. She heard Taemin chuckle but she ignore him and stride to the front door house. Soojung probably in her room, spend time with her daughter. Aera knocks and she open the door to find both of them are sleeping. Hell will break loose when she tell Soojung the truth. Aera feel really shock and hurt by Jongin but what it will do to Soojung would be more cruelest. The worst will come and she can only stand by the side, can't do anything for her brother and his wife.

Aera went into her room and take a shower. Once she change to clean pajama, her phone blink because of a new notification. Taeyong wish her a goodnight. He was quiet all the time and listen to her and Mark talking. Taemin had his share on asking but Aera didn't let them do the talk. She hate it when everything about her and Taeyong change so fast. He was a prick and all of suddenly, he would be so sweet to her. But he also doesn't talk about his feeling to her. Her life is in a mess and he came along to make it worst, in a good way. She need to make herself clear, so Taeyong can either stop doing his trick on her or he will think better to make it work.

Aera click her tongue when he pick up the phone on the first after tone. She scoff mentally. "What's up with you tonight?", she quip. Taeyong chuckle to himself. "Did I do anything wrong?". "Officer Lee, I think your job is done. Just let me finish my problem with the Detective from now on", she hope that he will say something she want to hear but instead he went silent. "Why are you so adamant on throwing me off? I just want to help. But you know what, if that you really want, I can..", he stop abruptly and making Aera anxious. 

"Officer Lee...", she wait for him to continue but he cut her right off again. "It's Taeyong for you!", he correct the way of her calling him. What he want her to call him. "Alright, I don't see any point of continue talking to you. Have a goodnight..", she wait for a second before wanting to click the red icon on the screen. "Are you going to continue acting like this? Please.. don't do this to me", he sound so quiet after that. "I call you tonight, to tell you..stop playing with me. I have a really big problem to be solve. Just stop saying you want to help when you're only making me tired of your game", she quips. 

"Game?..a game? That's enough. I got it. I should probably hang up now. It's stupid of me to take your call when I'm busy myself", he exasperates and end the call. Aera frown when the line went dead. What's more making her feeling in disbelief, he still want to act like he do nothing wrong. But if he said he got it, Aera could careless, at least he won't be continuing make her mind go crazy because of him solely. 

 

Jimin explains that Jongin was rush to ER unconscious. The person who come with him disappeared without registering her brother. He was badly affected by the gas. It was really strong, it messes with his brain, so he diagnosed with amnesia. There were nothing they can do, the person who took care of Jongin's hospital bill also went anonymous. Whoever they are, they has power over the hospital and the police, he is someone who want Jongin to get his life ruined. Jimin said that even though Jongin had hard time to remember his family, he always came back with nothing. To continue his life like in a normal way, Jimin told him he can work at a cafe. 

"So now we have to put Ten on the suspect list? Oh my God, Aera. Why didn't you told me sooner?", Soojung cried. "I was hoping Jongin could get his memory back but he can't, not right away. Don't you missed him?", Aera take her hand into her's. "Jongin would be safe right if he stay there?", she didn't answer her question. Instead she was too worry about her husband's safety. "The Detective Taemin was able to check on him everyday. He's doing everything to make Jongin safe", Aera tear up due to her emotions making her feel so sad and upset for this unfortunate thing happen to their family.

"Did you tell everything to mom and dad?", Soojung's eyes start to go red and she's crying by now. "Maybe later. You need to meet Jongin. Maybe you can help him regain his memory, would you?", Soojung watch Byulna is playing right in front of them in their living room. "I will beat his if I have too. I would find the truth behind of these mess. Can you take care of Byulna?", Aera nods. She pull her into a big hug. "I will be working at the cafe from now on. Maybe it can help tremendously for us", Soojung tear up yet again.

-----

 

It has been months and Byulna was getting so comfortable with her. The little toddler live most her day with Aera. She got to meet Soojung when the weekend comes. Aera still go work like usual and lately, she feels like someone is watching them. Stalking them. Jongin's progress is getting better. He fall in love again with Soojung but she doesn't tell him about Byulna yet. Although he doesn't remember his family yet, he keep asking Soojung about what happens before him got into an accident. Aera hope that when he learn the truth, he won't push Soojung away. She hope that they will able to arrest Ten and Jennie soon as possible.

Taemin told her if anything happen, call him or call emergency. He know that even Aera is a fighter, she own a high level of Hapkido skills, she's able to defense herself, Ten would sent a group of gangster and he's cunning. She worry about Byulna's safety the most. 

Aera notice that her house has been break in before but they don't do anything harm to them. No camera or voice recorder install all over her house. She made a police report but since it wasn't that big, she was told to be extra careful. She still has go to work and where else she could stay with Byulna if it's not in Jongin's house. Like she said, she was followed few times but she doesn't know when they will really do anything bad to her or Byulna.

 

Taeyong has been quiet and never contact her again. Taemin also was busy with his investigation but there a few times he came by and didn't even talk about Taeyong to her. Aera was really feeling her heart break when she missed him. Knowing that he won't feel the same for her anymore. 

Her day is going fine and she's driving the car with Byulna in a baby car seat at the back. "Byulna, what do you want to eat?", she listen to her little baby speak. "Gogumaaa", she cutely chirp. "Alright, let's go to Starbucks", she mirror her cute little niece voice. She gave the kid taste the sweet potato once and she truly love it. Aera drive to the opposite way from their house area. Starbucks are seven kilometres away from their house.

Once she park her car, Aera pull up to carry Byulna onto her chest. The kid happily cry in happiness to her. She love it whenever Byulna do it. What can a kid do to normal person, they're are naturally bright and bring happiness toward her family and even random strangers who love kids. Generally everyone love kids.

She struggles to open the door but someone help her. Aera look up to find a pretty woman who help her. She thank her and not surprise to see she was falling for the toddler. "What a cute kid. She's so friendly", she play with her little fingers. "She is..", Aera chuckle. " What is this cutie's name?", Aera smile. "It's Byulna, Choi Byulna", Aera sing the little baby name. Byulna giggles when Aera kisses her cheeks. 

"Her name is so pretty. I'm Kim Seulgi, nice to meet you", Seulgi waves their finger together. "You got a cute kid, who is her father?", Seulgi randomly ask. "Oh no..Byulna is my niece. I'm taking care of her for a while", she blushes. "Am so sorry, I think she look a lot like you though", Seulgi stutter. "Let's come in..", Aera flash a pretty smile to Seulgi.

"I will sit here.. I'm waiting for my friend", Seulgi take a seat that facing the front door. Aera excuse herself before going to the counter. "I'm just buying some snack for this kid. See you around", she steps to the counter. Aera listen that the door bell chime and Seulgi call her friend to her.

"I would have a cold mocha one and the sweet potato two packet please", Aera order randomly, she's not a fan of Starbucks drink. "Do you pay with cash or card miss?", the cashier ask. Aera open up her purse and hand the cashier her card. She wait for a while, lucky that there's no one behind her waiting. 

"What do you want to drink?", Aera hear from behind her. She know that's Seulgi's voice so she move away and turn to look at her friend. Her eyes stare to the fimiliar man for a few second. Seulgi look between them. "This is Choi...", Seulgi want to introduce Aera to him but he already finish her name. "Aera..is that Jongin's baby?", Aera nods. Suddenly the cashier call her name so she went to the counter. She had problem holding them all as they didn't give her plastic bag. 

"You eat this goguma too?", Taeyong completely ignoring Seulgi, so she proceed to order their drink instead. "No..Byulna do", Aera shook her head. "Taeyong..what would you like?", Seulgi ask louder than usual. "The usual", Aera hear Taeyong answering Seulgi. Aera found that he has been staring her intently with his boba eyes. He look like he's on his day off because he simply wear fitted white shirt and rocking an expensive looking trouser.

"You guys have a great weekend, I'm going now", Aera slowly stepping away. She look at Seulgi who now glaring at her somehow. "Will do..", Taeyong smirk before step away to let her through. He is still the same guy. She glad that he doesn't change even couple of months passed. Seeing he's moving on with Seulgi, Aera feel like she's a fool to think he would still like her. Now, she will start move on from him.

 

 

Aera went out to take Byulna playing outside. They were so having much fun. The little angel has been asleep soon Aera place her on the seat. They're are now going back to their house. She's a bit tired too like Byulna. She wanted to sleep soon as they got home. Aera park her car and wanting to get Byulna out from the car. She doesn't take extra care of their surrounding. So when she hear someone approaching them, it give her a short time to realize someone had hit her and she fell unconscious. Byulna was left crying and they were quickly take into a black van.

Aera was thrown a bucket of water right above her head. Soon she regain her consciousness. "Wakey wakey...", her kidnapper voice taunt her. Aera was feeling uncomfortable and when she realize Byulna wasn't with her, she panic. The guy who mask his face with black color one roughly shoving his hand onto her jaw. He went back and forth to make sure she's awake. "Eat!", he command. "Where's my baby? Byulna? Byulna!?", was hoarse and she's thirsty. 

"Oh don't worry. We send her to her mommy and daddy. We're taking you as our hostage", Aera didn't believe him. "Is she really with her parent? Show me the prove you're not lying!", he snicker. He open his mask off and Aera realize he's one of Ten's friend. He unlock his phone and show her his conversation with Ten. There were picture of her unconscious and Byulna's video being throw onto Soojung who was shock after suddenly she open her apartment door. She hear Jongin's voice shouting on the video but it was inaudible to make it clear for her.

"This is all Ten's stupid idea. I told him to get the damn money..not killed that Choi Jongin!", Aera is shock to learn the truth. "But it's okay now, we have you!", the guy who Aera remember, his name is Johnny, he laughs historically. "How much do you want? I will give everything I have, please..just let me go. I'm very sure Ten is having a different plan from you. He was stupid to let Byulna go. Maybe by now the police have your identity exposed to the media. I can give you the money to yourself, you can escape from South Korea", Johnny look so confused, there is hope when she almost able trick him to believe her. Johnny search on Naver and a kidnap case is trending on the list. He show it to her and lock his phone back.

"You're right. Why didn't I think this sooner?", Johnny looks like he's hasn't been taking care of his selves. He look so messy with his unshaven face and random clothes he has to put on. Aera stare quietly to his face, if she wasn't wrong, Johnny is probably in addiction to drug. He was trembling and he is so skinny right now, he wear shorts and short sleeve top so Aera is able to make it that way, since she's working in medical industry.

"How much do you have?", he carefully ask to her. "About fifty million..more than enough for everything you needed right now", Johnny chuckle to himself and he start to plan a new idea. "Okay.. let's move to the airport. There you will transfer the money and I will left the country", he place his phone on the table next to the exit door. He disappear to another room, most likely a bedroom, to pack his belongings. 

----

 

Johnny throw her purse onto her after a few hours she has eaten. The food was safe for her to eat. She was released from being tied up to a chair. "What about my phone..?", Johnny smirk. "Do you think I'm stupid? I will give it once we are at the airport", he taunts. "Open up your account now..I want to see if you really have the money", he nudge her with his phone. He already open the application and wait for her to log in. For security sake, the app will need password to open or do anything important. He will have hard time to handle it so it's safe for her to log in to watch her account saving.

Aera log in and screenshot the front page of the application. Then she close the application and show him the screenshot instead. "You're working for medical supply company right? Alright, I'll believe you", he snicker. But suddenly Ten's name lit up on the screen. Johnny took the phone from her in hurry. "Yeap.. what's my plan?", Johnny knowingly look over Aera. "You want to come here? Of course.. I'll wait for you", he snicker before click on the red icon.

 

It was early morning that she wake up. Now it's already late in evening. Johnny has been acting cocky since few hours ago. "Don't you dare to say anything to him. Act like normal or I will hurt you instead", he taunts as he went to door. The place she was held captive is a normal apartment. She noticed the veranda but she doesn't know at which level she's at. Johnny talk about beating Ten's and Aera was going panic on how she could to try escaping when Johnny is handling Ten. But if she escape now, where will she go? Nearest police station? Sounds like an good idea. 

Her hands has been tied together again and so her ankle. Ten look over her with the stupid sorry look he has. "How did it go out there? He will come alone with the money?", Johnny clench his hand when he's acting anxious in front of Ten. "Yeah..he said he need time to scratch the money out from his banks. I give him until tonight", Ten walk toward her and Johnny close his eyes to open it back. He's getting ready to beat Ten, Johnny have the bigger body frame to overpower Ten.

"Did you eat, Aera?", Ten rake his eyes over to her that lying on the sofa with her body stricted to move. "You must be wondering why I'm doing this right? Jongin is not like what you imagine. I thought with his disappearance from this world, I could benefit from it more. Jennie made my plan work easier but that was so stupid and I trick her", he speak so much and Johnny pull out his phone to record the whole thing. "I don't want to drag you into this plan but he survived. That piece of , he dare to survive??", Ten fail to control his emotions.

"My boyfriend was right. I shouldn't have believe you. But we all can believe money right?", Aera throw off Ten of guard. "What do you mean?", he glare to her face and Johnny finally decide to join her hand. "I don't kill people and yet face specifically plastered on the news? You think I'm stupid?", Johnny quickly put a choke on Ten's throat. Ten didn't see it coming and he fight against a bigger person than him, he would likely die in Johnny's hand.

"You ing bastard! You side with her now?!", Ten struggle to let his voice being out to Johnny's hearing. "Die motherer!", Johnny continue to strangle the life out of Ten. Aera doesn't want Ten to die easily so she yell for Johnny's name. "Johnny..I want him lock up for life in prison, spare his life, please!", Aera struggle to lift her body sitting up. Johnny grunts before letting Ten off from his deadly choke hold. Ten fell onto the floor with a loud thud.

 

They went out to heading the airport. The time they will take would be around an hour. Aera had lose her mind when the plan were all over of the place. Right now, she can't believe Johnny completely. Nor that she can make his plan fail. They will be out on the public eye. Johnny won't take risk, he would probably just left when he got his money. Aera is also worry that if Taemin and Jongin would come to save her. They will be a step late than Johnny. But she would be feeling anxious what if, Taemin and the police show up at the wrong time. Maybe too late or worsen Johnny's plan, she might be in a difficult situation if Johnny end up making her a hostage. 

"Transfer now..", Johnny give her his phone. She doesn't want to turn on her phone since they will detect her gps signal. Aera take a few second to focus back on her sense. Even if Johnny got her money, she would able to claim back what's her, right? "Do it now!", he pressed the blade on her waist. "Alright..", she log into the account and shaking while pressing the numeral button on the application.

Aera close her eyes and going to press the approve button but the police has arrive and made Johnny to turn against her. She doesn't know whether she should be relief or feeling scared. The police corner both of them by the wall. They were sitting by the chair that placed in the middle of the area where Johnny going to get into the departing area. But now the peace of the public place were disrupted. The people ran way from the place where she's being taken, fear for themselves. "Put down your weapon!", Taemin fimiliar face command Johnny to give his cooperation but of course when he's being surrounded, Johnny won't follow Taemin's order.

"Stay away or I'll kill this woman!", Johnny shove the blade closer to her neck. "You're playing in a losing game Suh Youngho, now put down your weapon or you will be taken down", Taemin didn't even cater to the criminal's threat. "I will die..I will die", Johnny whisper lowly next to her ear. Aera didn't waste the time to make Johnny feel calm again. "I promise you Johnny, please. I will do whatever to get you less sentence on whatever punishment you will have to go through. I just need Ten to rot in prison", Aera try to negotiate with her kidnapper.

"Listen! Detective Lee, we can end this with a better way. Johnny is not going to harm me so please, don't provoke him anymore. Right Johnny, you will do that, yes?", Johnny breath hitch when he realized he can trust Aera on this. Taemin let the officers take down their gun. Aera close her eyes, waiting for Johnny to cooperate. She take a breath before opening her eyes and that's when her eyes meet with person she wanted to see right now.

Taeyong slowly went closer, out of from Johnny's view. Taemin let his brother help because he's not wearing what the police wears right now. It will give low risk of danger since Johnny is also slowly moving away the blade against her skin. Taeyong has been watching from afar when the police corner them together. He was scared to watch Aera being captive but Taeyong wait for the right time to pull her out from the criminal's hold.

When Johnny completely let her go, Taeyong swiftly pull Aera away with his eyes staring into her. She was embrace with Taeyong's hug and Aera start to crying onto his shoulder. Johnny was arrest by Taemin as his officer put his hand with their handcuffs. He was away to their vehicle park somewhere outside. 

"You are safe", Taeyong whisper to her and grips on her more tighter. "You are okay. Just cry until you can stop. I'll be here", he kiss her shoulder. "I'm sorry I'm late. I'm really sorry. I thought I could have lost you. I'm so stupid. I love you, I love you", he speak to make her feel safe and on the same time he's confessing his feelings finally. Aera burst into tears again as she stop her cry and pull to look on his face. "You..love me?", Aera is still surprised but she's too happy on the same time. "Yes I do, do you love me too?", he cup her face. "Yes..", she smile for him and Taeyong pull her face to kiss her in happiness. "Let's get to home, Jongin and your family are waiting for you", he wait for her to step away first and he follow her right next to her.

-----

 

 

"Jongin! Aera is awake!", Soojung's voice travel around the room. Aera is struct by heavy headache but she was pull into a big hug. "Thank God, Aera. My sister you're awake", she listen to Jongin's cry. Aera open her eyes and feeling nervous to look at his face. Jongin cups her face and wanting to look at her more closely. "Aera.. I'm so sorry, I made this happen, I let them take you", Jongin is crying while he stare onto her face. Aera close her eyes and lean closer to his hold. "It's fine. I'm alright now. I missed you", she open her eyes and start to feel her eyes break it dam. 

Jongin nod vigorously. "Yes you are fine. I'm glad they didn't hurt you. You're thirsty, right? Here drink this", he help her with the glass. She take a few gulp and Jongin remove it from her lips. "Is everything fine between you and Soojung?", Aera finally turn her head to find Soojung who was near by his side. Both Jongin and Soojung look at each other. " We still working on it", Soojung place her hand on his shoulder and he take it into his. "Where's Byulna?", Aera turn again to find the baby. "She's with Jooin, she's alright", Soojung smile to her.

"I called mom and dad, they are waiting at our house. Mom was so worried", Jongin look sad for a while. "..and someone is outside, waiting to see you", Soojung pull Jongin's hand and he follow her out. The door open, a light brown and soft hair head of Taeyong steps in. He look so clean and still handsome as ever.

 

"How do you feel?", he stride next to her. The chair that was once occupied by Jongin, now Taeyong sit so close enough to her. "It's fine. Is Taemin coming?", she stare on his face. "Yeah, I called him", he give a small smile but it vanish so soon. "I'm glad that you're awake. Everything are going to be okay", he stare back at her but he turn away after a second. "Taeyong..are you alright?", she wish that he would look into her eyes longer. "I'm feeling sorry for what I did to you. I thought you don't like me, love me..so I was late to come for you. Do you really mean it that you said..you..you love me?", Aera move to sit close to him. 

"What was it for you? Do you really love me? You were with Seulgi the last time I saw you..I don't understand", she look so sad and confused. Taeyong is surprise to hear that. His big eyes turn to be sharp with his apologetic feeling. "I have all my eyes on you, Aera. I know it's my fault for not thinking straight and stay true to my feelings for you. I was just heart broken on our last call. You were pushing me away, I thought I was too late to fall in love with you", Aera feel her eyes burn hearing that.

"Can we put it behind us now? I will make it up to you. I know that you like me but I pushed you away", she want to pull him closer onto her body. "You really mean it?", his shoulder arose from his seat. Aera nods quickly and Taeyong finally pull her into a hug. "Don't break my heart again", she sniff from her blocked nose. "Don't tell me things I never meant to do to you like that. I love you and I don't ever want to break your heart", he hug her tighter. 

They pull away and Taeyong caress her face. He swept her tear away and kiss his lips onto her top of head. "Thank you", she whisper. "Do you feel hungry? What do you want to eat?", he look intently on her eyes, his eyes were twinkle in happiness. "Did you cook anything today?", she ask brightly. "Yeah, do you want to eat my soup? I'll reheat it back", he start to look for something by the night stand.

 

The next day, Taemin come by and they talk about Ten, Johnny and Jennie. After awake from coma, Jennie was arrested and currently in the police watch. Soon as she discharge, Jennie will be question on the police station. Ten was arrested right after Johnny disclose where he was. Johnny first was interrogate before Ten. He also hand over the recording he took. 

"Their first trial will be on next year. We have the strong evidence so they all will be charge of commiting crime", Aera listen tentatively while Taemin is briefing her. "Great. I will join their trial. Thank you for coming, I know you're busy", she feel thankful. "It's my job. You don't have to", he laugh. "I take that you and Taeyong are dating now?", he smile toward both of them. "Yes we are", Aera feel Taeyong's hand squeeze their hands together.

"You want to discharge today?", Taeyong pour the water into a glass and he give it to her. "Yeah.. I'm feeling well right now", Taeyong nod and he let her fall asleep again right after Taemin take her statement about her kidnapping case. Taeyong wait for her to sleep before he left the room.

-----

 

The Prosecutor in charge is doing a great job on pinning Jennie. She was charge with attempt of first degree murder and blackmailing. She will face ten years prison. Ten was charge with attempt of first degree murder, arson crime and kidnapping. He will face twenty years in prison. Johnny has the least prison years, since he cooperate, he has the luckiest luck with five years prison.

After the trial verdiction was given, Jennie was still acting violent in the court. She try to make Soojung feel upset when she said she will come back and make their marriage destroy. Ten didn't say anything else while they were out from the court room. His family has the best lawyer so if they know how to reduce the prison year, he won't be really affected. It's not that he will able to walk out from the prison easily, maybe he will change for better. Johnny mouth a thank you before he left the court but Aera won't easily put her guard down on him. She wish he would change to a better person. He still have to go through rehab for his drug addiction.

Taeyong ask her to meet his family. By all mean that would be special for her. His parent and sister treat her with open arms and for that she feel grateful.

After everything are doing better, Jongin,Soojung,Aera and Taeyong plan to travel abroad. They are going to Paris for a week. At first, her brother want to leave Byulna, worry for her well being if she can't put up with the sudden long travel but Aera want to bring the baby nevertheless.

 

Since Jongin and Soojung took off with their plan to go different place than Aera and Taeyong, her boyfriend plan to have their dinner near by the Eiffel Tower. Aera is excited to play with Byulna tonight. The poor baby girl have been whining for not getting her play time as much as she can since today. "Byulna, wear red going to have so much fun tonight, so don't cry okay?", Aera give her brightest to her niece. Even though she has her own tantrum episode, Aera won't be tired of treating her with full of love. "Now where is your Taeyong uncle?", she ask absentmindedly to Byulna but the baby only watch her in silent.

"You know what, I'm just gonna call him", she speak to the baby toddler again. After a few ring, Taeyong pick up her call but he want to make it short. "Taeyong..where are you?", she hear the classical music was loud by her speaker. "I..uhm.. I'm somewhere near, don't worry I'll be right back shortly. Sorry sweetheart", he end the call. Aera grow speechless and suspicious about his action. "Byulna is uncle Taeyong doing something behind my back?", she fake a gasp and that make baby Byulna giggle in glee.

"I'm going to make you wear this!", she chirp and as Byulna can understand her, the litte baby shook her head fast. "No dress!", she whine and ran away from her. But seriously what's Taeyong doing out there. Can he be meeting with his friends? He told her yesterday that he has friends living here.

 

The late evening come and Taeyong was wearing a denim vest over his oversize white and soft collar t-shirt. He always look amazing that's what she notice everytime she meet with him. His soft blue lock was pretty fashioned on his head. "Why are you looking me like that?", his ears turn red. "Lee Taeyong you better tell me, what did you do earlier morning today?", she close their gap and place a lock over his shoulders with her hands. Taeyong didn't meet her in the eyes. 

"You look so cute right now", she chuckles. Taeyong look on her face and he follow her to chuckle along. "What do you mean? I always look handsome...", he press on the handsome word. "..and you are always beautiful to me", he peck her lips. "Let's go..we are going to be late", he walk pass her and pick up Byulna onto his chest.

He drive their rent car and lucky for them the road wasn't pull pack jammed. Aera play with Byulna who were sitting on her lap. Taeyong would always look funny whenever their eyes met. So she ask him again. "Have you book the outdoor restaurant for us?", she smile softly to him. Taeyong nods and she playfully glare to him. "What?", Taeyong nervously chuckle. "No..nothing", she brush his hand away from wanting play with Byulna's cheek. "Drive safely, Taeyong", he grow silent when they finally arrive by the parking.

 

They took their seat and let Byulna play with the other kid right in front of them. There was big area with grass on it, lights that bright the night. They wait for their menu to come and Taeyong keep distracted with his phone. "Who are you texting? Are you in need of help? Tell me something", she place her hand on his other unoccupied hand. 

"Oh..just Jongin hyung, he uhm..asking about Byulna", he sheepishly chuckle. "Really? He can just check with me then...", she pull her phone and unlock it. But there was no new message from her brother. "Can you give me a second? I'm gonna call him for a while", Taeyong nod and keep busy himself with his phone. She doesn't know what's wrong with him and she gonna ask if he's really texting her brother.

Jongin was busy with a call he's taking and Aera try one more time. But this time he pick up his phone. "Yes Aera, my dear", he smoothly speak. "Oppa, what are you doing right now?, she wait for his reply. "Oh right now we are having our dinner, why you ask?", he fake a curiousity on her question. "I mean are you texting with Taeyong right now?", Jongin simply answer her question like nothing big is happening. "Yeah..we did..so why are you calling me now, I mean really, is everything okay?", her mind is currently feel like Jongin is definitely hiding something from her. "Yeah everything okay. Byulna is playing with...", she slowly want to continue but Jongin beat it to her first. "...some other kid..".

Aera start to feel more weird that he know what's her daughter doing and with who exactly. Even before she can question his whereabout, he beat it to her again. "You know what, I gotta go. See ya", he end their call. After contemplating to herself, Aera went back to her table. "The food are ready!", Taeyong holler over her.

 

"The food is delicious, now let's move on to the dessert!", he quip quickly with the same sheepish smile on his handsome face. Aera give up on getting what's wrong with today. "Aera my sweetheart", he call her endearingly while holding up to her hand. "Why you're so beautiful tonight?", he laugh louder than his usual pitch. It make him sound so nervous right now. "What are you talking about? You are acting so weird today and so Jongin too!", she exclaim.

"I apologize if I'm making you so upset today. Smile for me, please?", he caress her hand with affectionate gaze on the same time. "I don't know..are you really the Taeyong I knew?", she want to pull her hand away but he won't let her. "Smile for me, hm?", he try over again. Seeing he's giving her the same affection like he always do, she finally pull a small smile but he wasn't satisfied with it. "..more", he ask for full lips disappear into crescent. Aera follow his wish and she smile.

"That's my girl..", he place a kiss over her knuckle. The dessert finally arrive and he urge her to spoon over the soft cake in a small cocktail. "Have some, is it tasty?", he look so excited. Aera feel funny when he look so bright suddenly. She spoon it down once in the middle. "Come on, tell me how does it taste", he was smiling like a kid. Aera push it into . After for a while, she can feel like a metal taste on her tongue.

Without wasting time, she pull it out from the mouth and start to feel happy. "Wait.. you're proposing me now?", she stare over his big and boba size set of eyes. Taeyong get up from his seat and take the ring. He place it over his index finger and his thumb. He shift his leg to get on one knee down. "Choi Aera..will you marry me?", his smile was so big and she doesn't realize what yet to come.

"Say yes Aera!", Soojung and Jongin join their table with Byulna. "Soojung? Jongin? Oh my God", she was surprise that both of them were here all along. "Aera sweetheart?", Taeyong bring back the attention to him again. "Yes...yes yes !!! I will marry you", she stand up and wait for Taeyong to put the ring on her finger. She start to tear up when Taeyong pull her into a big hug. "Congratulation!!", Soojung smile with Jongin hugging his wife to her side. "Byulna I'm going to get married!", she smile on her way and the little toddler giggle in happiness.

 

 

 

Flag Counter" />