Chapter 1

See Me, Feel Me

(a/n : I do apologize for the grammar mistakes, since English is not my first language. And also, I will use Baekhyun's hairstyle in his current Delight album teaser as his hair in this fic~)

 

“Mom, I’ve told you to stop coming,” The tall guy softly pushed his mom’s back towards the door after she’s done filling his refrigerator with foods.

“This is the only thing I can do for you, son. I’m sorry for being a burden for you, okay?” The lady cupped her son’s face and a soft smile could be seen on her face.

“I’ve told you to stop saying that too,” His voice was muffled because of the press on his cheeks.

“Mommy is serious, Yeol. Stop sending us money if you don’t have it, okay? We have enough for ourselves so you can use it for your own good,” The lady’s smile faded into a frown, full of concern for her son.

The guy only sighed and nodded.

“I’ll get going then,” The lady patted his head and was about to walk away when suddenly a brown-haired guy, with undercut hairstyle and heavy make-up walked towards their directions.

They exchanged glances before the guy decided to bow politely to the lady.

“Look who’s here! Aren’t you the pretty Baekhyun?” The lady walked towards him and took both of his hands into hers.

The Baekhyun guy smiled softly and showed his crescent moon-shaped eyesmile.

“You came back from work at this hour?” The lady asked, worry could be heard from her voice.

“Yes, today is considered early tho,” Baekhyun answered with a light chuckle at the end.

“Oh my, aren’t you tired? Did you have your dinner?”

“Not yet, Mrs. Park,” Baekhyun scratched the back of his head awkwardly, but still showed a smile.

He was always home in an extremely tired state. But on his lucky day, Baekhyun will meet Mrs. Park, just like tonight. He doesn’t really know why, but she’s like a vitamin to him, with all her concern for him, he felt loved. Every time they see each other, Mrs. Park always asks him whether he always finish work at that time, as if she never remember if she already asked him before.

She is the mother of his neighbour, Park Chanyeol. He works at a music company nearby. His mom visits him every once or twice a week to bring him foods. That’s the only thing Baekhyun knows about his neighbour.

“You can eat with Chanyeol then. I brought him lots of foods! It could make him full for a week!” Mrs. Park laughed, but both guys look flustered.

Chanyeol who was only standing in front of his door since earlier, quickly pushed his mom away while being flustered at the same time.

“You’re bothering him, mom! Just go home already!”

Mrs. Park only laughed at his son’s actions. She has been sensing that Chanyeol is actually interested in Baekhyun by the way he stole glances at him. She knew.

“Okay, okay. I’ll go. But make sure to eat dinner together, okay? I love you both,” Mrs. Park patted their arms and walked away.

When she’s out of sight, Chanyeol turned his head to look at Baekhyun, flustered to see him doing the same thing.

“Uh, I’m sorry if my mom was bothering you and being such a nuisance. You must be tired after work,” Chanyeol awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. His stares moving repeatedly from Baekhyun’s face to the wall behind the guy.

“It’s okay. She’s actually my moodbooster,” Baekhyun smiled and was about to walk towards his room until Chanyeol stopped him.

“D-dinner?” Chanyeol internally cursed himself for stuttering. He sounded stupid.

“It’s fine. I’m on a diet,” Baekhyun smiled one last time before entering his apartment.

Chanyeol sighed after Baekhyun was out of sight.

He was never into making friends with anyone, he just felt that having friends was just not really necessary. Not until Baekhyun moved into the apartment next to his.

He has always been curious about the guy. And lately he realized that he developed some interest in Baekhyun.

 

The Next Day

 

Chanyeol was out in the morning to throw away some trash. A tall pale guy caught his eyes. If he was not mistaken, it’s the guy that lives across his place.

He was standing in front of Baekhyun’s room, knocking twice and waiting for the door to be opened.

Why is he there? They know each other or what?

Chanyeol was wondering to himself until he doesn’t realize that he was staring at the guy all the time.

Their eyes met and the guy bows towards him. It caught Chanyeol off-guard, but he returned the bow and walked away, trying to be careless.

The guy entered Baekhyun’s place and immediately ranted to Baekhyun.

“What was that earlier?” He said while walking towards the kitchen.

Baekhyun walked towards his living room with a cup of tea in his hand.

“What was what, Oh Sehun?” Baekhyun was unbothered and asked Sehun without even glancing at him. Showing interest to his cup of tea only.

“Your neighbour. He was staring at me like I was about to trespass into your place. So annoying,” Sehun sounded very annoyed but it doesn’t make him stop from opening the kitchen cabinets.

“You were polite to him earlier,”

“What do you expect?”

Baekhyun only chuckled, while Sehun was still trying to find something between the teabags.

“No coffee allowed here, Oh Sehun,” Baekhyun reminded Sehun that he’s not and will never be a coffee person.

Sehun grunts and finally gave up, pouring himself a cup of tea in the end.

“People really need to stop misunderstanding me as a trespasser,” Sehun whines, sits beside Baekhyun on the couch.

“Maybe they don’t think that way. They might think that you’re my boyfriend,”

Sehun choked on his own tea upon hearing Baekhyun’s words, sending death glance towards the shorter.

“Out of any other impossible things to happen, that is the most impossible one, Baek,”

Baekhyun laughed, showing his beautiful rectangle smile.

Sehun was the first person who greets him when he moved to his building. Baekhyun planned not to have friends in the same building, but this Oh Sehun guy was just being too kind by helping him carry his god-knows-how-heavy luggage.

He also gave Baekhyun some foods for dinner since he saw his refrigerator was empty.

He was just doing small things every single day but it made Baekhyun think that maybe having a friend won’t hurt.

One is enough tho.

He used to think that maybe Sehun has any feelings towards him, but turns out he’s not. Baekhyun never directly talk about it to Sehun, but the taller just talk about it randomly, to make things clear, he said.

He successfully gained Baekhyun’s trust after being friends for almost a year. Baekhyun decided to open up about his personal life to him, sharing every detail about himself. Sehun respects Baekhyun privacy by keeping the story to himself, since the shorter also asked him to do so.

----

Sehun volunteered to wash the cups and teapot. They had a chitchat until the doorbell rang.

They stared at each other for a while, it’s unusual for Baekhyun to have guest other than Sehun. He walked towards the door and was kinda surprised to see the landlady standing in front of his door with a box in her hands.

“Pretty guy, here’s your package. It has been a week since it arrived but you didn’t pick it up. So I decided to bring it to you,”

The landlady handed a confused Baekhyun the package. But before Baekhyun could say anything, she already walked away, looking a little bit rushed.

Baekhyun took the package inside, still looking dumb-founded.

“What’s that? Did you order something?” Sehun wiped his hands with a napkin and followed Baekhyun to the couch.

“It’s not mine,” He put the box on the table, staring at it like it was some kind of weird thing.

“What do you mean?” Sehun took the box to his lap and read the address. It was correct, the building address, the room number, and oh-

“It doesn’t have any recipient name. But it’s indeed your room number,”

Baekhyun snatched the box from Sehun and took a closer look to it. He was right. His room number was written, but there were no name.

“Do you think it’s your secret admirer?”

“Sehun, don’t creep me out. I rented an apartment far from the city lights to avoid these kind of thing to happen,”

“Yeah, I know. You wanted peace. But who knows if someone was following you and found out your apartment?”

Baekhyun glared at him, actually trying to hide the creep he’s feeling if that’s actually the real case.

“I think we need to open it,” Sehun walked towards the kitchen to get a scissors and hands it to Baekhyun.

There was a long silence when they opened the box.

A letter and a guitar miniature.

When Baekhyun read the first sentence, he knew it’s definitely a love letter.

Both of them read the entire letter and concluded that the sender has sent this package to the wrong address. There’s a high chance she mistyped the room number. Since the building address is very complete.

But it’s weird since there’s no recipient name.

The sender is definitely rich since she bought a freaking guitar miniature from Germany when she could just buy it online and get a much cheaper price.

“I think her boyfriend lives in this building,” Sehun said while still staring at the letter.

“I think so too, but who?”

They took another closer look to the letter and found two names.

“The sender’s name is Rosé,” Baekhyun muttered to himself.

“Hey, look. It’s written here. Miss you much, Loey,” Sehun pointed towards the last sentence in the letter.

“Who’s Loey?” Both looking at each other in unison.

To be continued