---

Come back home

Dara was lying comfortably on her couch, looking at old photos of her and the rest of 2NE1. She missed the past years of them together being on stage and off stage. Bom was getting better, Minji has been living her life and Chaelin have been promoting in the US. Sandara was the only one who couldn't let go of 2NE1 and move on. She hanged out with Bom and Minji from time to time, but unfortunately, the dearest person to her heart was far away. It felt like yesterday when Chaelin was lying only a few centimeters away from her when they shared a room in the dorm and now she was on the other end of the world. Sandara realized her true feelings for her leader ten years ago and they never went away. Chaelin's strong, dominant, yet sweet and loving personality was what Sandara loved in her. She was satisfied with just seeing her around, but she didn't even have that anymore. She thought now that her long-time crush went aboard, these feelings would disappear with time, but that wasn't the case. She believed in the saying "Time heals", but Chaelin was the first thing in her thoughts every single morning. Chaelin had taken her heart to the US with her. She looked in the mirror and got a flash of an interview when Chaelin said: "Those kissable lips were the one I'm gonna miss when I leave for the US."
-If you were to miss them then why you never kissed them? Sandara said to herself and sighed. She moved her eyes off the mirror and stared at the ceiling with a blank look. She wanted to cry, but she was already out of tears. All she had left were the memories of the time they spent together as a group and Instagram chats which occurred once in a blue moon, but at least she could say hi. She plugged her headphones into the phone and played Jonghyun's Y Si Fuera Ella. The song has been the theme of her love life for many years now and perfectly described her unsaid feelings towards Chae. Her favourite part of the song came and she sang along:

"Hyeya, how can you leave, cruelly saying goodbye with those smiling eyes. It kills me and my breath stops. The melody that made us happy... it's still too brilliant. Please don't abandon me, don't abandon me~"  Sandara didn't blame her for pursuing her dreams, but she wished she didn't. These feelings were killing her, but she was still alive. As if yesterday they would jam to "I am the best" and now she was listening to a sad, slow song by herself. After Chaelin went away, Sandara tried to fill the empty space in her heart by going on dates, and even one-night stands with different people, but she knew no one could ever replace Chaelin's electric touch. Most of the skinship they had was for the sake of fanservice, but every time Chae approached her, she barely resisted the urge to kiss her and just pretended to feel awkward. She really treasured those times, because she knew there won't be ones like these again, but at the same time, they made her feel sick.
"I didn't know it would be insanely saddening like this... " She sang again, shaking her head following the rhythm of the song. She sometimes wondered if right now she would have been happier if she never went to YG, never met Chaelin and never debuted with 2NE1. She regretted it, but then thought it would be the same with any other woman. Her feelings about it were mixed. Suddenly the song got paused by the sound of an Instagram notification: "chaelincl mentioned you in a comment". Dara's blank eyes sparkled and her heartbeat raced rapidly. Earlier that day, Chaelin had taken a selfie with a suitcase and Dara had commented on it "I want it". She indirectly begged her to go back to Korea. Chaelin's response just then was: "I will give it to you when I come back to Korea ". Sandara chuckled and responded: "Really? I love you! *heart eyes*". It's been really long since the last time they interacted. This short conversation got her hype, however, it didn't last long when she realized how miserable and pathetic she was to get overly excited overt just a sentence from her compared to the time when she could talk to her all the time in person. She got bored and blue, so she decided to take a nap like every time she felt depressed over it. Which was every single day. Her eyes finally started to close, but then someone rang on the doorbell. She wasn't in the mood to see anyone and ignored it. At this moment, she heard the phone getting a notification again and irritated, she grabbed the phone to turn it off, but then she saw she got a message from Chaelin. She smiled and checked it.

chaelincl: what are you doing right now?

daraxxi : Just chilling at home, you?

chaelincl: Home? I rang on the doorbell, but you aren't opening.

The last reply made her jump off the couch and got her sprinting to the door. She didn't even look thru the peephole and with shaking hands, she unlocked. She opened the door with force and saw Chaelin standing in front of her gorgeous as ever with the red suitcase from the photo.

"Surprise~" Chae shouted and took her glasses off. After a moment of shock, Sandara jumped on her, giving her the tigthest hug ever. "Awww, did you miss me that much? -Chaelin laughed, but Sandara decided to remain silent because she knew if she were to say something right then, all her bottled up emotions would blow off. After the long hug, Chaelin gave the red suitcase to Dara as promised and Dara took a photo with it.

"You really are the best!" Sandara laughed from excitement.

"Hehe, I'm glad you like it."  Then they went inside and lively started talking about their life, reminisce about the past and the new trends in fashion. Chaelin looked at her watch and realized they've been talking exactly four hours. She stood up and said: "Sorry, but I should get going. I wish we could talk more, but I should visit Bom and Minji as well."

"Wait. When are you going back to the US?" She was leaving again. Sandara could feel this feeling of coldness when left behind.

"Tomorrow. My schedule is pretty tight. But I took a day off just to see you guys. I'm sorry I can't stay any longer. I don't know when I will be able to visit again, but I promise I will." This meant another long and desperate wait, a continuation of the grey slow passing days. Sandara already reached her limits and kissed Chaelin's lips. She blushed heavily and stared at Sandara with confusion.

"I'm sorry too... for falling in love with you..." Sandara tilted her head and tears started to flow. "I've loved you for years now and no matter how much I wanted to erase these feelings, I couldn't."  She started talking fast and intensely.  "I know that you love me just as a friend. so I didn't want to make it complicated. I was satisfied with just you being around, but after you went away... I really can't stand it anymore"  She sobbed. Chaelin took her in her arms and said:

"Do you know why I actually went to the US?"

"Why?" She was still crying, but Chaelin's warm embrace calmed her down.

"Because I feel the same way towards you." Sandara's eyes widened and her tears had stopped. "I thought that if I were to stay after the disbandment I would have made a move on you and destroy our friendship since it wouldn't be fanservice anymore."

"You can't be serious... do you really love me?"  Sandara looked up at Chaelin's face with teary eyes and she wiped them.

"I do. It's sad, yet funny how we never told each other all those years. That's why we shouldn't waste any more time." Chae reached into her pocket and took a piece of paper.

"What is this?" Sandara asked and she passed it to her. It was a plane ticket from Korea to USA. Sandara happily broke it into many tiny pieces and threw it in the air above their heads. "Well, it was USAless!" 

"That's my Sandara!" Chaelin lifted her and gave her a kiss.