end.

The Dragon Lady of Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong had been summoned.

He was not a willing victim, however, as he had been dumped at the destined meeting place unceremoniously by Sungyeol, whom Sungjong was cursing at internally as he stood there, frozen. Sungjong also had no idea how Sungyeol had even known that he’d been summoned in the first place but knowing Sungyeol and his know-hows about the grapevine and whatnot, Sungjong was sure that he’d heard it from some place.

Sungjong, on the other hand, had wanted to pretend that he had not received the little note tucked into his locker in the morning that told him to meet her in the school’s courtyard or else.

What terrified him more than his own mother stood before him. But then again—he wasn’t sure about that. His mother was the scariest thing that ever existed and bless his father’s soul for even marrying that piece of work. Sungjong could only pray that by some miracle he didn’t end up with someone like his mom, even he had a feeling he would most likely end up with someone like her.

He stared at her.

She stared at him.

They stared at each other for a good two minutes before she realized he wasn’t going to initiate the conversation. Sungjong was still blanking inside, had no idea what this summoning was about, and he was also simultaneously hoping it was all a terrible dream.

“So,” she tonelessly said as she picked at the imaginary dirt particles under her cuticles. She leaned against the tree, “I’ve heard you had something to say about me.” She was feigning disinterest and it appeared that she was studying her fingernails. He knew better, though. His hackles were raised, and he was ready to run for his life if need be.

He was hoping it wouldn’t come down to that but based on the track records of any guy who had encountered her and lived, his chances were slim.

Sehyun didn’t seem to like the male population and to be honest, the general male population was scared of her. To his knowledge, he’d never met a guy who confessed to her.

Sungjong could only stare blankly at her, hoping that he was able to school a calm and stoic expression, contrary to the myriad of emotions (such as fear, namely, along with dread, terror, absolute trepidation, oh and did he forget to mention fear?) that were running through him. He cursed his unlucky stars that somehow aligned and allowed him the opportunity to grace her with his humble existence.

“No,” he managed to say, hoping that he didn’t squeak that out and that she didn’t hear the slight tremble behind the words. He shifted uncomfortably in his spot as though he were a misbehaving child being punished.

She looked every bit unamused as she looked up from her perfect, unmanicured nails, “That’s not what your friend said.”

At that, Sungjong was indignant. Which friend of his sold him out?

“Which friend?” he narrowed his eyes a little and tilted his head slightly to think, shifting through his memories. For a moment, he forgot that it was her and proceeded to stand there, almost ignoring her presence completely, as he contemplated who it could have been.

Myungsoo wouldn’t sell him out… the guy was too scared to breathe in her direction, let alone utter two words to her too. In fact, they both nicknamed her the Dragon Lady of Seoul and vowed to never tell another soul about it, lest they were sold out and sent for slaughter.

Her lips curled up into a smile, which, had Sungjong not been standing before her, would have made him shudder. However, that was sadly not the case and he was right in front of her, so he stood as still as a tree on a day with no breeze.

He had no idea what set the Dragon Lady of Seoul off, and he really didn’t want to test out any theories, so standing still it was.

“Lee Sungyeol.”

At that, Sungjong had to internally groan. Of course.

Sungyeol was a disturber through and through and loved creating trouble wherever he went. He had been around when Sungjong had asked Myungsoo, by slip of tongue, if Yuha (the apple of Sungjong’s eye) was with the Dragon Lady of Seoul and her equally scary older brother.

Sungyeol was oddly perceptive when it came to gossip about others and information handy for blackmail, so he immediately picked up that Sungjong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter