Chapter 1

Marry set... RUN!

A white luxurious Mercedes almost hit the running girl that jumped in front of the car out of nowhere. Brunette highlights are dancing chaotic on her back but not as chaotic as her run. Why she was running? She would love to know the answer as well. All she can feel is her heart pounding like never in a unknown rhythm. A thought about stoping and going back crossed her mind but NO, her legs are not listening her right now. Her body know one thing: KEEP RUNNING!

 

People are turning their heads after the running girl. She is a short nice-looking type of girl, but not out of the common: deep dark brunette hair, brown eyes like honey in the sunlight, fine features, pale skin. Despite her young age and her tiny stature she has an imposing nature. Everyone that happened to be in that sunny friday morning on the same sidewalk with her now is trying to stay out of her way. Some are shouting after her impressive words  like "Stupid girl!" or " you, crazy lady!" or "Gosh, kids this days!!!". She would like to answer each of them but it wasn't time for chatting and with that I mean time for cursing them like she wasn't the youngest daughter of a well known chaebol family. Even though she had the best education she knows how to swear like no other. 

 

She feels like her heart is coming out of her chest so she is slowing down. After a few more steps she is leaning with her hands on the seatback of a bench while coughing. The sunlight is killing her, it's just amplifying her thirst. Her neck was so dry like she never drunk water. In a few moments she is able to breath normal and a plan took shape in her mind.

*1. Don't cry

  2. I need to withdraw money from the card, soon they'll end my access.

  3. I need to check my bag to see if I got the passport with me.

  4. Change your hair colour.

  5. Don't cry.*

She is starting to run again while repeating in mind the five steps of her brilliant plan. She would palmface herself for her stupid impulse but it's too late for turning back. And somehow she is excited about her stupid plan and it's not like she would leave and never come back...she will come back eventually when she'll be ready.

After the withdraw with a simple sign she called a taxi. The taxi driver is parking near to her. She is taking a deep breath trying to calm herself but her heart started to pound like crazy when she heard her own words while entering the taxi: " To the airport, please!"

 She was watching how the city scenery changes before her eyes from the taxi window. Her mind is summoning the memory of his eyes. She is closing her eyes in the attempt of keeping the memory vivid for a little more time. Damn his deep brown eyes. Only the memory of them was enough to make her heart ache. She is thinking maybe she has a heart attack...yeah right...this would be the the most convenient explanation. The truth is her heart is aching because of the guilty feeling that shrouded her body for letting down the man she loves.

 

Early that morning

 

A young man is walking around the flowers placed in massive vases in the garden. His excitement is traded by the way he was assuring if everything it's how he planned. He is a charismatic handsome man and the happiness that can be read in his brown eyes makes him even more attractive. He is glowing. This is it, this is the moment! He is going to propose the love of his life, his girlfriend for about four years. She is his crazy little girl. Everyday with her is an adventure: she is funny, annoying sometimes, with a big mouth, full of life and the feature he loves the most about her is that under her crazy shell is a sensitive girl with a gentle heart.

The garden is decorated in an elegant way with her favorite flowers: white and purple tulips. A big placard on which it writes "Would you marry me?" is placed with taste somewhere among the flowers and the snack table. A beautiful stylish middle aged woman approaches him. She couldn't stop but smiling fulfilled while fixing his tie.

" Are you nervous?" she asked with a trembling voice.

" According your voice I think you are more than me." he teased his mother.

" Sehun..." she started to laugh " How can I not be? I'm so happy for you...and proud." he started to laugh then added jokingly:

" Well let's see first if she says 'yes' and not running away."

His close friends and her close friends, family friends and family members gathered in the garden. They were chatting about all sorts of trifles in the attempt of making the time pass faster until she'll arrive.

 

" Hey! I'm waiting for you in the restaurant garden. I took the table you like." he sent her a text.

" I'll be there in a few minutes" she texted back right away.

 

" Guys!!! She'll be here in no time!!!" he shouted to cover all the discussions.

 

A short girl dressed with a denim jumpsuit stained with brightly colored paints and a extra large bag full of almost finished paints in one hand and in the other an unfinished canvas entered the restaurant. She greeted politely and explained that she is meeting someone in the garden. She is confused why the waiters are smirking but she is trying to ignore them.

She is walking slowly on the hallway then freezes when she reaches at the garden entrance. Everyone she knows is there and all are dressed up quite elegant. There she is dumbfounded with half open and her eyes widen when she notice the panel. She didn't even observe when Sehun came next to her. He placed one of his hands on her waist and leaded her closer to their friends and family. She tighten the bag and the canvas in her arms. Everyone applauds and shouts beautiful cheers.

She escaped a sigh when he got on one knee and took out a box with a fine ring while adding " Would you marr..." but he didn't got the chance to finish his words. The canvas and  the bag fell on the floor and all the gospels were scattered. She is taking two steps backward and without thinking too much she is starting to run. The cheers stop and everyone remains motionless in shock. He remains motionless in shock as well, damn it  he didn't expect his own joke to come true. Only her mother's voice echoed in the awkward silence. "ROSEEEE!" 

 

She blink a few times to vanish the memory of his eyes then start repeating for herself:

*1. Don't cry

  2. I need to withdraw money from the card, soon they'll end my access.

  3. I need to check my bag to see if I got the passport with me.

  4. Change your hair colour.

  5. Don't cry.*

Then she repeated again:

*1. Don't cry

  2. I need to withdraw money from the card, soon they'll end my access...checked.

  3. I need to check my bag to see if I got the passport with me.* so she stoped her thoughts and with a quick move she took off the bag from her back. She was looking for her passport  just for the sake of searching because she really thought she didn't has it. Somehow she was thinking to take a ride at the airport then go back home at her lover. She would apologize for her reaction then she would accept his proposal, but there it was the passport among some old receipts. Wow she didn't expect this. But when life gives you lemons...in this case when life gives you the passport random in your bag you just take it as a sign...at least she took it that way.

Her phone is ringing again. It was the 45 th call from him. Her heart skipped a beat but she just declined the call and shut down her phone.

She repeated in her mind:

*1. Don't cry...half checked

  2. I need to withdraw money from the card, soon they'll end my access...checked.

  3. I need to check my bag to see if I got the passport with me...checked.

  4. Change your hair colour.

  5. Don't cry.*

 

 

" Sorry, Mrs.?" she asked with a trembling voice in the attempt to gain the woman's attention from behind the counter.

" Good morning, Miss! How can I help you?" the woman politly replied.

When is the next departure you have?"  she asked uncertainly. It is her first time all alone in an airport. She never booked a flight nor bought a plane ticket before, usually her boyfriend took care of this kind of things. So she just tries to act like she knows what she's doing even though the woman in front of her reads her like an opened book...to be more accurate like a children's book, one with many pictures.

" Okay...tell me what destination?"  the woman calmly asked.

" Anywhere. The earlier the flight, the better...no matter the destination." the young girl responded in a low tone. The woman remained dumbfounded and started to curse in her mind that she agreed to switch shifts with her colleague.

" The next flight is in a hour. Route Seoul- Los Angeles." 

" It's perfect."

 

She is holding the boarding pass in her hand and still does not fully realize what she is about to do. She takes a deep breath and heads determined towards the boarding gate.