Revenge, Sweet Revenge

Nightly Activity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi all, this came to me randomly, and it has been awhile since I wrote some Kang family with gf Sooyoung, and this was too funny to pass up, but it’s the idea of Yerim basically trying to get some sleep, and can’t because her parents keep having , and it keeps her up, enter girlfriend Sooyoung with a bit of a fun plan to get back at said parents should be fun, yes? 

 

Sponsor mentions: As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, 112714, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, User_name1200, Androsssss, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Seosunny, kingdomcomes, sleepyhead, Jewster88, InformedPuppy, Fladoodlem8, ericakate, dga214, pinkpinkypin, Moonstunt, Sarcasaticree, PandaExpress69, shinneay, dmac20, Tashphobic, NoJamDubu, kiyomamoo, iamforeverlame, Mmm2392, CheezeeMyoui,  aya_ah98, bangton, blazeaf, Supergirl,  Revelsone, aya_ah98, Nyssa21, Icantstandtofly, Mooncrush22, sawyer09, taeyang729,  tinybean, RedPaint, PengusTigerClub, Shouto818, KetchupPeng, coolspeed, anijit, chomisus, SleepyRu, tay_84, jjlevi93,  RG_Blink, Tekiii, LOCOppl, AliyaViktoria, YANGx_, hanz316, Samlion, Normallyotp, j33200, atlastheresam, kasey_1432, kaikaiheartist, Seulsbear, Karasxo . Thank you so much for being sponsors. :)
 



 

At two in the morning, young Kang Yerim should be getting some sleep, because she like other college kids her age she needed to be up in the morning to get to class, and normally she would be asleep if not for the sudden noise coming from down the hall, located at two very specific people’s bedroom. Yerim’s bright brown eyes shot open instantly when she could hear the all too familiar sounds of , breathing, whispering of names.

 

“Hyunnie…”

 

“Seul…”

 

Over and over like a song she desperately wanted to stop in this case. Yerim almost wants to scream, she can’t believe her parents are in their room having at two in the morning, why can’t they wait until she’s at school or work, why are they doing this now, when it’s time for sleeping.

 

“My parents are ing, my parents are ing, oh my god!” she screams into her pillow. Now, of course as a 22-year-old, it’s not like she hasn’t ever heard them going at it before, she has, not like she wanted to hear such things at the time. But Yerim was only a victim of living in her parents house, and still a victim of living in her parents house since her mom Joohyun most of all refuses to let her move in with her girlfriend Sooyoung, since for the most part Joohyun doesn’t like Sooyoung, even though they’ve been dating all through high school. Had it been up to Yerim she’d be somewhere living with Sooyoung now and not being kept awake becaue her parents decided now was a good time to have .

 

“Oh my god, Seulgi….”

 

She hears a particularly loud moan from her mother and Yerim helplessly places the pillow over her head, like it will actually help. Nothing will drown out the noise that is currently coming from their bedroom, unless she herself places some music on her ears.

 

“Music, yes, music!” The blonde jumped out of her bed, hurried to her phone that was on the desk in between some books, and a cute stuffed Chick, the reason behind the stuffed chick was Sooyoung thought it be cute to give her a stuffed toy that looked like a chick, since the running joke is Sooyoung resembles a baby chick, which is kind of true.

 

“Here, so you won’t miss me too much.” had been Sooyoung’s exact words when she presented Yerim with the stuffed plush, and since it’s also said that she herself resembles a turtle. Yerim went out and bought a cute squirtle plush for Sooyoung and handed it over to her girlfriend, uttering similar words.

 

“Here, idiot, for when you miss me too.” 

 

Yerim barely had time to smile at the plush when she heard more and that made her grab her phone even faster. She needed to stop her torture right this instant, or god help her.

 

“Headphones, where are my stupid headphones.”

 

Naturally, at a time like this when Yerim truly needs her headphones, as it’s practically a matter of life or death, or rather her ears bleeding from the trauma, because seriously how long are they going to go at it like wild animals.

 

“S-Seul, yes, right there, baby!”

 

“Oh I’m throwing myself into my closet!” Yerim decides that is her only answer. She can’t find her headphones, she can’t go down the hall to ask them to stop having , because then they would find out she heard, and in no way does she want to have to tell them she knows they’re down there having . Yerim is seconds away from throwing herself into her bedroom closet when by miracle she spots her headphones hanging out of her school bag.

 

“I’m saved!”

 

Just in time too, as she can still hear the , pants, and breathing loud from her parents. Yerim pops in her headphones and throws herself back into bed, with a heavy sigh, turns up her music playlist to a loud, but bearable level, she doesn’t want to go deaf or anything, although not having to hear her parents having would be a blessing right now, still, Yerim values her ears. For now, she also hopes for at least five hours of sleep, that’s not too much to ask, is it?

 

“Stupid parents…”


 

Down the hall, blissfully unaware of the torment they have put their only daughter through, Kang Joohyun rolls off of her slightly taller wife, with the most satisfied grin on her face. But of course she is satisfied, and judging by the equally pleasured face of her monolid love, Seulgi is satisfied too. 

 

“That felt good, no?” The dark-haired woman grabs her face in both of her hands before kissing Seulgi’s lips softly.

 

“Yeah, it always does.”

 

In an instant, Joohyun is cuddled up with her wife, like always. Seulgi wraps one of her tanned arms around her to bring her closer, and both let out sighs of contentment, that was fun, exciting even, to the point they kind of feel like young college kids themselves again. They surely could have waited until Yerim was at school, or out, but neither of them particularly wanted to wait, and so here they are , flush, spent, ready for bed now. At least, Seulgi was about to close her eyes to get some much needed sleep, only it dawns on her about the very real possibility that their daughter heard them having . 

 

“Hyun,” The slightly taller woman’s eyes widen, looking down at her other half who seems like she’s about ready to go to sleep, only to wake up the second she hears a slight alarm in Seulgi’s voice. 

 

“What’s wrong, honey?” She yawns some. “Did I not wear you out enough?” Naturally, Joohyun is flirtatious even now, and Seulgi isn’t surprised that even at a time like this Joohyun is flirting with her, because why not. Her wife is quite the playful and fun character when she wants to be.

 

“Oh nothing, Hyun. Only what if Yerim heard us while we were just making love, hm!”

 

Joohyun can’t help but laugh at her wife’s tone and expression. Seulgi looks so cute staring at her that she kisses her lips. 

 

“Hon, don’t worry. I’m sure that Yerim was sleeping, you know she sleeps like the dead. Takes after her mom that way.” Joohyun pokes her in the stomach hard and that makes Seulgi chuckle a bit. 

 

“Well, alright. But, don’t look at me in any way, if she makes a scene in the morning at breakfast.”

 

“I’m sure she won’t, Seul. Now get some sleep, alright.”

 

Seulgi nods, following her wife’s advice, and decides to go to sleep. Perhaps, Joohyun is right and there won’t be anything to worry about, for all they know Yerim was probably asleep it is rather late, after all. And so, the couple fall asleep together, as they usually do, wake up together like normal, and head down stairs together where they make breakfast. It’s a cute thing they’ll do together, sometimes, and especially on Yerim’s school days. The couple are almost finished putting dishes on the table, Joohyun barely gets a kiss when they hear the sound of their daughter sitting down with a hard thud in her seat.

 

“No gross stuff before breakfast, thanks.” Yerim says dryly.

 

“Oh, well good morning to you too, Kang Yerim.” Joohyun looks at her daughter with a slight frown. 

 

“Good morning, Yerimie.” Seulgi smiles. “Did you sleep well?”

 

Yerim nearly chokes on the tea she is sipping on, is her mother crazy to ask her if she slept well? If they knew the sort of torment she had gone through last night, and only got maybe four hours sleep, then her mother would not be asking that sort of question to her.

 

“No, now can we eat.”

 

“Kang Yerim!” Joohyun loses her temper and nearly shoves her breakfast in front of her face. “Just because you didn’t sleep well, doesn’t mean you can be rude to your mother and I.”

 

“Oh, really…” Yerim wants to scream, as it is her parents fault that she didn’t sleep well last night. If they hadn’t decided to interrupt her sleep with their loud , then maybe Yerim wouldn’t be cranky right now. Instead, she plants a smile on her face and thanks her parents for breakfast. Usually, breakfast is a nice enough affair. She enjoys her parents' company well enough, and had she not been tired, Yerim would probably be of better conversation to them, and if that wasn’t enough Sooyoung was texting her. Yerim never misses a chance to text her girlfriend, plus at the same time it annoys her mom which is also a plus. And it was working like a charm, because the dark-haired woman was eyeing her daughter with one of those cold glares, that even Seulgi felt a bit nervous from. 

 

“Are you going to be on your phone all morning, or are you going to eat breakfast with your mom and I.”
 

“Sooyoung.” Is the only thing Yerim says to her mom and Joohyun already looks like she will explode. Yerim luckily has her secret weapon of her girlfriend to get under her mother’s skin, which is kind of funny. Never in her life would Yerim imagine all it would take is a girlfriend that her mom doesn’t like would be the answer. 

 

“Your girlfriend,” Joohyun speaks with slight disgust. “She can wait.”

 

“Would you have made mother wait?” 

 

“Hey, now…” Seulgi starts. “This isn’t about your mom and I, now let’s just all finish breakfast like a…”

 

“I gotta go!” Yerim says suddenly. “Sooyoung’s going to be here to pick me up in about five minutes, so later moms!”

 

“Kang Yerim!”

 

Yerim takes off fast for her room, not even leaving either of her parents a chance to say anything. Most of her breakfast is sitting there on the plate, and at the very least Joohyun will make sure Yerim takes lunch with her. 

 

“Ungrateful child.” Joohyun lets out a bit of a sigh, but Seulgi knows she’s really mostly kidding, because they both love their daughter. 

 

“She’s your ungrateful child, Hyun.” Seulgi teases only to get lightly pushed by the shorter woman who kisses her in apology. The two of them become distracted, and acting like young teeangers in love, and because of that distraction they both don’t even see Yerim running down the stairs, school bag on her shoulder, but they do hear the sound of a car roaring to life and Joohyun groans, but then realizes Yerim also forgot her lunch, or rather she forgot to give it to her before she left.

 

“I forgot to give her lunch to her.”

 

“Don’t worry, Hyun. You know Yerimie won’t be starving or anything, I think we did at least teach her how to buy food, yes?”

 

“Well, I should certainly hope we at least did that, Seul.” Joohyun sighs slightly exaggerated. “It would be too much if I met her at school to give this to her, huh?”

 

“Just a little, Hyun. She is in college now, you know.”

 

“Yes, I know…”

 

But Joohyun is of course a mother worried about her one and only daughter, who is out there doing god knows what with that somewhat troublesome girlfriend of hers. Joohyun will never forget the day, Yerim had brought Sooyoung over to finally meet herself and Seulgi, and once she had met the girl she almost wanted to tell Yerim to send her back to wherever it was that she came from, it wasn’t the best first impression.

 

(Flashback)

 

Judging by the way she moved about in the kitchen, back and forth with such purpose that Seulgi knew her wife was either anxious, upset, or a combination of both. The taller woman walked over to her other half, and grabbed her into a gentle, but loving hug that usually always calmed Joohyun down.

 

“What’s wrong, Hyun? Worried about meeting Yerimie’s girlfriend.”

 

“We didn’t even know she had a girlfriend, and suddenly now we’re meeting someone who could be anyone and…” Joohyun sighs. “As long as Yerim’s happy, but still I need to make sure this girl is the real deal.”

 

“I understand, sweetheart, which is why Yerim is going to bring her over to dinner soon. Don’t worry, how bad can it be, huh? I doubt she’ll bring in some sort of delinquent, or something.”

 

Seulgi laughs, but Joohyun is concerned about the real possibility of Yerim bringing in some fresh out of high school delinquents because Yerim herself is just out of high school, and in some sort of free spirit phase. Joohyun thinks of all the awful possibilities, such as someone too old for her, someone who drinks, smokes, with all sorts of crazy tattoos.

 

“What if they have a criminal record, Seul!”

 

“Joohyun, calm down. It’s going to be alright.”

 

“That’s what you say, but what if it’s worse!”

 

Seulgi tries to calm her down again, but the door is opening to reveal their daughter first, and moments later behind her is a girl who looks to be about Yerim’s age, which brings Joohyun relief. She’s taller than Yerim, but still looks like she’s about Yerim’s age, with no evident tattoo’s that Joohyun can see, and is dressed rather nicely, in a red blouse, and jeans. So far, she seems fine enough, but then she is being introduced to her daughter’s girlfriend.

 

“Hi, mom, mommy.” Yerim smiles, in such a way they hardly ever see. Showing she’s clearly happy about this girl, and she does grab a hold of the girl’s hand too. “This is my girlfriend, Park Sooyoung. Sooyoung, meet my moms.”

 

“Hi, Sooyoung.” Seulgi goes first and offers a warm smile. “It’s nice that my wife and I are finally getting the chance to meet you.”

 

“Yes, hello.” Joohyun finds her voice. “Yerim has told us nothing at all about you, Sooyoung, so we are looking forward to getting to know you better.”

 

And that’s when Joohyun sees the bright glint in her eyes, the glint of trouble. “Well, hello moms it’s good to finally meet you too.”

 

It only takes about five seconds for Joohyun to explode most of all, and look at Sooyoung like she wants to throw her out of the nearest door.

 

“I am not your mother!”

 

(End)


 

Park Sooyoung quickly became one of the most frustrating presence around, as the girl wasn’t really rude or anything, but she didn’t have a problem speaking up, and when Yerim was with her, sure her daughter was happy, but they seemed to feed off each other’s troublesome energy. But Joohyun had learned to accept it, once she found out they were dating all through their high school years, with one daughter of hers failing to mention that part.

 

“They’ll probably get married, you know.” Seulgi whispers to her, as if reading her exact thoughts and Joohyun glares at her coldly before smacking her in the arm.

 

“Don’t even joke around that way, Kang Seulgi!”


 

They were of course much too young to be thinking about marriage, but that doesn’t mean Park Sooyoung wasn’t doing all she could to at least convince her girlfriend to move in with her. The couple had time before either of them needed to be at school, and so the redhead parked her car, turned to her girlfriend with a smile and said to her they should have breakfast.

 

“You didn’t have a chance to eat, right?” Sooyoung says. “Let’s go grab something before school, we’ve got time.”

 

“Yeah, I never finished my breakfast and I’m starving, let’s go.”

 

Seeing the smile on Yerim’s face makes her happy too. The taller of the two grabs her arm immediately when they exit the car, as she is always sort of clingy, and really physically affectionate. 

 

“Babe, let’s talk about moving in together.”

 

“Again?” The blonde laughs a little. “You know my mom is not letting me move in with you, right?”

 

Although, Yerim would love to move in with Sooyoung, now more than ever, especially if her parents are going to make loud night an every night thing. She certainly hopes not. Either way, Sooyoung is looking at her with those big brown eyes, and pouty lip, coming off very adorable to which Yerim sighs.

 

“Soo, don’t look at me that way. You know I want to live with you.”

 

“Then why don’t you, I’ll even help you pack.”

 

Yerim chuckles and imagines her mom and Sooyoung fighting while she’s trying to pack up her things for the move, it sounds like a scene from a comedic movie of some kind.

 

“Well, maybe one day, Soo.”

 

“Ugh,” the redhead sighs and places her head on the table. “Tell your mom I’m coming over for dinner tomorrow, so I can talk to her about why it’s a good idea for you to live with me. I love you, Yerimie.”

 

Yerim reaches over and grabs Sooyoung’s hand. “I love you too, Soo. Now we should really eat so we can go to class.”

 

“Yeah, I know, but I’m serious, I’ll talk to Mommy Kang.” and the funny way she says that makes Yerim laugh out loud, because Joohyun really hates it when Sooyoung calls her as mom too. 

 

“You’re the best, Soo.”

 

“I try, baby. Now eat up so you can grow up big and strong like me!”

 

Yerim rolls her eyes dramatically at her silly girlfriend, and steals a bite of food from her plate with a grin. Sooyoung feigns like she’s upset, only to steal some from Yerim’s plate too. The couple share a laugh at themselves over how silly they are being, but this is how they are. Silly, fun, but sweet too, and Yerim loves Park Sooyoung very much. She knows that this is her person, the person she is meant to be with. The couple finish eating their breakfast and have enough time to get to school. Sooyoung bids her goodbye, and tells her she’ll see her later when they’re both done for the day.

 

“See you, baby.” The redhead kisses her on the lips softly. “I need to work on my sure-fire plan to get you to living with me.”

 

“Silly,” Yerim laughs and pinches the side of her cheek. “You better go to class.”

 

“I am a model citizen, Yerimie. Talk to you later.”

 

With a final kiss the couple split up, Yerim to her music class, and Sooyoung to her psychology class. Yerim on the other hand was exhausted. Having not slept much the night before the blonde wasn’t sure how she would make it through her day, but she managed to make it through half the day without falling asleep, only to fall asleep in the library just before it was time to get going. Yerim slept for at least a half hour and that half hour was the most precious 30 minutes of her life since it was uninterrupted sleep, but even that had to come to an end since Sooyoung was her ride back home, and she needed to meet her girlfriend. The same girlfriend who was blowing up her phone.

 

Sooyoungie: Yerim, earth to Kang Yerim.

 

Sooyoungie: Yerimie, answer the phone.

 

Sooyoungie: Babe, you’re not hanging out with that Seungwan girl are you! I’m smart. I can tutor you in English.

 

She then puts cute kissing face emojis and Yerim shakes her head. Sooyoung is cute when she’s jealous about something. Still, Yerim better get going to meet her girlfriend now. She calls Sooyoung to tell her not to worry she’s on her way now, and by the time she’s off the phone with her girlfriend, her mother is calling.

 

“Mom, I wonder what’s going on.”


 

Seulgi honestly has been a little on edge, wondering if Yerim had overheard Joohyun and herself, so the first chance she was able to she called Yerim, knowing her daughter had just finished school for the day.

 

“Mom, hi. What’s up?” She hears Yerim when she answers the phone. Seulgi plants a smile on her face to hide her nervousness, it’s ridiculous to be so nervous, this is her daughter after all.

 

“Hey, Yerimie, I just wanted to talk to you. Um, you…” Seulgi wonders how she can approach this. She can’t exactly just ask if Yerim overheard anything, because that would be a little much, and she doesn’t want to make Yerim uncomfortable if she didn’t hear anything either.

 

“You didn’t take your lunch today! Yeah, that’s it...you didn’t take your lunch. Did you eat?”

 

Yerim eyes her phone with an odd look. She knows that is certainly not what her mom wanted to ask her, and although she has a good idea why her mom is being weird. It’s also not something she wants to get on the phone and talk about either.

 

“Yeah, sure, mom. I ate, speaking of food, Soo’s coming for dinner tomorrow, okay, thanks, love you, bye.”

 

Seulgi’s head is spinning so fast when her daughter hangs up the phone on her. The nerve of that child, to just rudely hang up.

 

“Hyunnie, your rude daughter hung up on me.”

 

“How come she’s my daughter when she’s acting up!” Seulgi can hear Joohyun’s voice all the way from their bedroom, and she has to hold back a laugh. But then she also remembers she has to tell her wife that Yerim invited her girlfriend over for dinner too.

 

“Oh, great…” The monolid woman sighs and runs her fingers through brown locks. She isn’t looking forward to this at all. Seulgi heads up to their bedroom to see Joohyun looking cute with her round specs, focused on her laptop, working.

 

“You look so cute with your glasses, Hyunnie.”

 

“Oh…” Joohyun looks suddenly shy like how she’ll often get at times. Seulgi is suddenly reminded of when she first laid eyes on the most beautiful woman she had ever seen, the woman who she knew would be her wife, and forever. 

 

“Yes, the most beautiful woman ever.” Seulgi smiles and sits down on the bed and manages to get a kiss, maybe one more before Joohyun cuts her off and looks at her with a stern look. 

 

“What are you up to you, Kang Seulgi?”

 

“Up to?” Seulgi laughs nervously. “I’m not up to anything…” Yet, her wife is looking at her with arms folded, expecting an answer, and so Seulgi knows she better give her wife a good answer. Seulgi smiles in that charming sort of way, with eyes forming crescent shapes.

 

“Oh, nothing, just….Sooyoung’s coming for dinner tomorrow.”

 

“What!” The raven explodes in no time. “Who the heck said she could just come over to our house for dinner, without us inviting her!”

 

“Uh, Hyunnie…I’m sure it won’t be that bad.”

 

“So, are you forgetting about the last time she was over here for dinner?”

 

“Uh, well no?”

 

(Flashback)


 

Out of the goodness of her heart, Joohyun decided to improve the somewhat hostile relationship she has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter