fin

Until when?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Until when?” I asked you for the nth time.

Like an old movie being played on a tattered screen, we repeated the same scene. We’ve been stuck for a long time now in this loop that was brought unto us by destiny. Rather than accepting this cruel fate, it would have been easier to hate something else, a place, a thing, a person—to hate you. But we love each other too much.

Like the usual, you answered my question with a silent stare. Your eyes gazed into my soul, with guilt, with pity, with love.

“Stop hiding.” I repeated my litany.

Still, you continued to look into my eyes. For a minute that seemed to last an eternity.

Then you closed your eyes and faced the skies. You took a deep breath, and let go of a deep profound sigh as an attempt to loosen your burden.

Obviously, it wasn’t that easy.

“I have no choice.” You finally answered, with tears streaming from your eyes.

“You do have a choice. You just won’t accept it.” I replied to you coldly.

“I don’t want to hold you back.” You said your usual line.

“But I just wanted to hold your hand. Stay beside me, then nothing else matters.” I pleaded, like what I always do.

“But I’m scared.” You reasoned, like what you always do.

“No, you’re not scared. You don’t trust me. You don’t trust us.” I said, finally telling you the words that you never wanted to hear from me.

You lifted your gaze and watched me with your wide eyes. You als

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter