fin

A Change of Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

gunshots...

more and more gunshots were heard throughout the whole room. irene completely stumbled on the floor with - a half dead - seulgi in her arms. her visions were blurring as if she was shot too. her balaclava was starting to chafe. she was about to take it off and give up - when a woman spoke. 

"it's time to stop crying..." that's when irene realized the gunshots had died down. she looks up to the woman standing - also wearing a balaclava. the woman's team - she assumed - started to pull them away from the scene. 

irene's face was full of sadness and confusion. who was this woman? why did she saved them? she looks at the limo - amused - in front of her - albeit hesitant she entered. irene was in her own world when she realized seulgi was not with her. "where is she?!" she half shouted at the woman. 

"seulgi? they're gonna take her to the hospital, don't worry. irene." she spoke emphasizing their names. irene heaved a sigh of relief - though she knows she shouldn't just trust this woman yet. 

"who are you?" - she finally asked - "how did you know our names?" she continued as she took of her balaclava. 

and just like a mirror, the woman took of hers too. 

"i'm wendy." - wendy what? irene almost said. - "it has been a while irene..." she said as she patted irene's head. 

the latter was left confused. 

×××

i wish i was fine. seulgi answered in her head. 

the woman - wendy - looked at her. she doesn't believe. she knows seulgi is hurting. 

meanwhile, seulgi still can't move on - hate to admit the fact the irene's external beauty don't really match her internally. she used to think irene's face looked like it came straight out of magazine, but now she thinks the latter just looks like anyone. 

"thank you, seungwan..." the latter looked at her. 

"it's been a long time since i've heard that name from you." wendy - seungwan - let out a small laugh. seulgi shrugged. it feels fake to call the former wendy. seungwan - somehow it feels more sincere. 

×××

"you're awake..." seungwan said as she clasped her hands. 

"who are you...?" seulgi was confused. she doesn't know if she had amnesia or something - but she was shot on the leg and not on the head as she remembers. seungwan sighed - why the hell everyone's forgetting her, she deserves more credit. 

"i'm wendy, or 'the seungwan' from college." 

o​​​h. seulgi thought. seungwan? she tried to remember. "son seungwan? from music class?" 

​​​​​​seungwan nodded enthusiastically. 

"it's been a while..." - she couldn't believe it. heck she didn't even recognized her. "why are you here? how did you know my whereabouts?" 

the former patted her shoulder. "easy there, i saved you and irene from the mess you guys caused. i have my sources. speaking of irene, she's outside." 

"can you ask her to come inside?" seungwan hesitated for a second, it has been a while since she talked with seulgi. they were never really close but she always had the softest space for the latter. 

when irene got inside, it was seungwan's cue to left them for privacy, snooping isn't really her brand. 

"irene..." she muttered. the woman looking fine as ever - as if they're not in trouble right now. 

"hey, i'm glad you're finally okay." 

"how long has it been?" the younger asked. 

"just a day, felt like ten years no?" the younger nodded. she knew me so well - seulgi thought

​​​​​​"they said you can get discharge tomorrow." 

"that fast?" seulgi furrowed her eyebrows. she ain't no doctor but she thinks t'was a lil bit fast. "hmm... yeah." 

"have you talked to seungwan?" 

"yeah, she told me thay she had been tracking us...that she was 'concerned', which i doubte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter