One.

Caramel Cream

Time will tell, if what you did was right, or just a fight or flight 

- Midnight Fusic, When Love Was Around

 

Daddy's daughter. For 22 years of her life, she had always been daddy's daughter. Her mom passed away when she was still in primary school, and her teenage life was all about her dad - Kim Youngkwan. Being the eldest children , they said. But not for Yeri. She had the best teenage life compared to both of her younger sisters - Yena and Yuri. 

But that's in the past. You know what? Life is always fun and rainbows untill a lightning struck you. 

The three of them is at the cemetery, paying one last visit to their father's grave. Yeri didn't cry, she was raised a fighter. While Yena and Yuri are busy crying their heart out. Yeri knows better that her father's death was just a new beginning for her and her sisters. She knows something big is coming. Her mind was thinking about 1001 probabilities of what her lightning will look like.

Apparently, you can't speak about the devil. You just don't.

On their way of leaving the cemetery, a man wearing a black coat and holding a briefcase came to them, specifically, to Yeri, of course. 

" Miss Kim, I am Mr. Lee Jongsuk from the National Bank. Can I have some of your time please? "

And Yeri agreed. She ask her sisters to go back home first, and walk to the nearby cafe with Mr Lee Jongsuk. She calms herself. Once they were seated, Mr Lee ordered coffee for himself. Yeri didn't think her stomach could accept anything so she just smile and shook her head. After the waitress went away, Mr Lee engaged Yeri into small talks about her late father and her family. It's just business talk, nothing personal and Yeri like it that way.

" I think, I don't have to beat around the bush anymore. Let's get straight to the point, shall we? "

Yeri nod in agreement. She wanted to go back home as soon as she can too. 

" As your father, Mr Kim Youngkwan, passed away, he left tons of debt unsettled with the National Bank. And after we had total up Mr Kim's unpaid loan, it worth 100 000 USD, " Yeri gasped at the amount. That can sum to 22 years of her spending. What did her dad even do with that much money?

" We know that you are still in a state of mourning, but I think it's best if you know about this now since we haven't raise the interest yet, " Mr Lee continue his words. 

Yeri knew she's ed up. 

--

A knock on her late father's office's door bring her back to earth. Yena and Yuri come in with unsure steps. Yeri take a quick glance at the wall clock. It's 1 a.m. 

" You guys should be in bed. You got school tomorrow, " Yeri state, voice hoarse from not talking for a long time. Yena nudge Yuri, urging her to say something. But Yuri is afraid to do so.

" Hey, I know you guys are worried. But I've got this okay? I have even graduated from my college. So I'll figure something out, " Yeri try to assure both of her sisters. Yuri is the second child and Yena is the last one. Both of them are still in their high school and Yeri did not want anything to disturb their studies. She's positive that she can think of a way.

" We just thought that if it's too hard, we can quit school and find some job instead, " Yuri mumbles but it reach Yeri's ear. And NO, Yeri is not going to let her sisters quit school. 

" No, I'm not going to let you. You guys have to finish your studies and make dad and mom proud. I still got some of my savings, don't worry. " Yeri give them the warmest smile but it still didn't reach her two sisters' eyes. After a few more comforting words, Yena and Yuri finally agreed to go to sleep and leave Yeri alone in the mini office.

After both of her sister is gone, she tried to look for a plan. First thing first, she got to have a job. She suddenly remember the cafe that she went with that Mr Lee earlier. Dalgona Cafe. There's an advertisement on job appliance as a waiter. She can do that. Her hand reach out for a pen and a piece of paper, scribbling some things. Just a habit she got when she's thinking deeply. 

The last thing she knows, she's been doodling a picture of two cartoons getting married. That's random. But as for Yeri, a thought hit her. It's like Goddess Hera and Goddess Athena had blessed her with some of their wisdom. 

She's going to get married to a rich guy.

--

" Hi, I saw the advertisement. Can I apply? " Yeri is back to the cafe that had been in her mind since yesterday. The male cashier look at her with a warm smile. Well, I guess that's a good start? 

" Hi! Since we have been short of staff these few days and you are the first one to apply, I think you will got the job. But yeah, for SOP purposes, do left your phone number with me. And we'll let you know :) " You can literally hear the smile in his words. And Yeri did so. She thanked the cashier and went back home. 

She need to do some research. About the most eligible bachelor with the best chance of marrying her. She felt like a psychopath, but who cares? Anything for good money, yes? She went through her latest edition of magazines, scanning through pages for a young male CEO, or the heir of a big company, or anything. Anything with good money.

From last night, she have been arguing with herself. Is she even doing the right thing? It seems like she's trying to sell herself for money. A sugar daddy would be nice too, but no. Yeri couldn't stand old folks well. Especially the ert one. A one-night stand for money would be okay too, but no. There's too much consequences on that. 

But upon seeing her sisters' face this morning, she knows she's doing all this for the sake of her family. The bank gave her six month to start paying off her father's debt or the interest will be doubled. 

She have to do this. 

And once she had made her decision, her hand stop at a page where the face of a perfect man lays. She read the name.

Jung Jaehyun.

--

a.n Hello people! Hope u're liking my fics. I'm still trying to improvise my writing skill so it would be nice if you could leave a comment on how to be a better writer : D