Hello~

Of cafes and love~

 

It was a day like any other and Dean was looking forward to return to his warm fluffy bed with a cup of steaming hot coffee and a book to keep him company.

Dean was a poster boy for an Alpha, he was smart, well mannered, good looking,had a scent that pulled the Omegas and made Alphas wary when he was around and worked out to keep his body in good shape the only problem he had according to Win, his friend since high school, was that he had a resting face that scared away any potential lovers and he was somewhat stiff at dealing with people though it was all but a carefully cultivated facade that just a few of his dear ones knew was not him at all, he was actually a softy at heart that loved small fluffy puppies and had a warm personality once you knew him but Win always gave him hell for it because people were too intimidated by his cold front and even if they got over that they were too embarrassed to look him in the eyes that they would just stop trying after just a short period of time.

 Win was the complete opposite to him in many ways that people were often surprised that they got along so well.

Win was a flirt and an alpha that would try to get into anyone's pants that would catch his attention. He did not care about his partner being an alpha or an omega or alpha for that matter as long as something piqued his interest but he was also the type that would lose interest as easily. He was an Alpha that loved the chase but usually the people he met fell for his charms easily so he had never been tied down for a long time.

It was a cold night and as he walked home he dug his hands in his pockets, his breath coming out in white puffs, he sighed as his picked up his pace to reach home faster, he wished he could stop for a cup of warm coffee but he did not particularly fancy the idea of waiting in the line. 

He hurried along the crowded lanes as many people had come out to apparently enjoy what the city had to offer. It was a cluster of different scents that mixed in the air and gave him a headache. He wished he was already home but the crowd had other plans and he could do nothing but go with the flow. 

It was then he saw Win in a cafe talking with someone, he waved at him but Win was too busy to pay him attention. He made a split second decision and fought his way out of the stream of people and walked towards the cafe. 

The bell tinkled as he pushed open the door and he breathed a sigh of relief to have come away from the crowd. He inhaled deeply the smell of the small cafe which warmed him to the core and he got a whiff of something that smelled like summer and flowers and made him think of nostalgia and sunny days. He looked around trying to place where the scent came from but the cafe was packed with people and a little disappointed he walked to where Win was sitting talking to someone.

"Oww", shouted Win when a heavy hand smacked his head and turned around offended ready to fight the person but he was surprised to find it was none other than Mr Captain, the bear himself. He had sarcastically called Dean "captain" when they studied together in high school where Dean was the captain of the swim team and the name had just stuck.

Win's face beamed and he pulled Dean to sit beside him. 

"I did not expect you to be out so late, i thought you would've been snug in your bed by now", said Win laughing at him. 

Dean frowned a little and said," I would've but then i had to work overtime today and i got a headache because of the scents". Win smiled and said," rest here a bit and order something".

"Oh and let me introduce you to my future boyfriend Team", he said smiling smugly. The person who was sitting with them stood up and whacked Win on his shoulder and glared at him before saying, " Hello,yes my name is Team and i was out to get coffee but apparently all i've done is gained a crazy stalker".

Dean apologised on the behalf of his friend and offered to get him a coffee as a token of peace. A little mollified Team agreed and sat down opposite to Win and as Dean was walking towards the counter, he saw Win zip towards the other side to sit beside Team.

 Dean stood in the line to order when the scent of summer and nostalgia got stronger and he curiously looked at the server standing in the counter.

A pretty and petite looking Omega stood there and as he was not one to believe the norm that certain mannerisms or features made someone an Alpha/Beta/Omega but the person standing in front of the counter was beautiful and had a confident air about him that accepted all his Omega qualities. 

He reached the counter and placed the order. He tried to subtly sniff the air but the Omega standing in the counter noticed him and colouring slightly he smiled bashfully blurting out, "there is a wonderful scent of summer around you".

"Oh! I think you are talking about someone else, my scent is more like chocolate", he said smiling at Dean like as if the conversation was a completely normal conversation and talking about scents with a stranger was nothing out of the ordinary for him.

Dean looked at his badge and thanked him as he walked away with the drinks. 

As Dean fell asleep that night, he dreamt about a person in the shadows who had a scent that he could only describe as a scent of summer about him.