First

There's Only You

People always asked him the same old question but Baekhyun will always answer it with a genuine smile and his top most sincerity.

"How's being Park Chanyeol's husband?"

"It's surreal. I will always pinch myself to check if I was really living in reality."

The conversation will continue to run smooth after that. But people will never understand how that answer covers the true reality between the couple.

Truth be told that Baekhyun felt surreal after becoming the partner in life of one of the biggest names in the entertainment industry in South Korea. He still can't believe until now that his husband, Chanyeol, kneeled infront of him after 4 years of being together, putting out a small black box from his pocket, asking him to marry him. That day was their 4th year anniversary and truthfully, during those times, Baekhyun wasn't thinking of having an engagement ring on his ring finger, crying dozens of tears just because he was so happy. Chanyeol also shed the same amount of tears that day and no man is much happier than him that day.

Then three years into their marriage, everything went off.

 

"You should spend more time with your husband, Baekhyun." A friend of them husbands said one day during their college reunion.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol went on the same university to pursue performing arts. There, they met as classmates, soon became best of friends and before graduating they became boyfriends. The same day Chanyeol passed an audition from KJM Entertainment. Unfortunately, Baekhyun didn't pass any audition he joined so he then continue studying his masterals for Music and Film and now a professor in their alma mater.

"How can he spend time with his jerk of a husband if that giant is the one busy with those es who can't even sing." Baekhyun's bestfriend, Kyungsoo said sarcastically. Baekhyun just sighed. He knows Kyungsoo was right. Chanyeol's busy.

Baekhyun went home early. He didn't listen to the multiple plead from his bestfriend when he told him to spend more time at the party. He needed to be home for Chanyeol.

"I bet my that husband of yours ain't coming home tonight!"

 

 

 

It was already 3am in the morning but still Baekhyun is awake waiting for his husband to come home. He just wants to clear things up to him especially the rumor about him and another singer circulating the internet. He is sure he'll be scolded for looking through those site. He also has his whole trust towarss his husband nevertheless, he just want to hear it from his mouth.

At exactly quarter to 4, Baekhyun heard the car parking inside their garage. He sat up straight from the couch and waited for the front door to open. Soon, his husband entered without turning on the lights, trying his best not to make a sound when he stopped midway towards the stairs, fishing out his phone in his pocket. Looking at his husband at from the dark living room, Baekhyun smiled on the thought of his husband silencing his phone for him to not wake up. But soon the smile faded.

"Hey babe." Chanyeol slurred on his phone. He cupped his mouth so he can make his whisper loud for the caller. It was also loud for Baekhyun. A tear escape from his eyes.

The conversation went on as Baekhyun heart and eyes hurt the same time. Chanyeol then bid his goodbye as sweet as possible that Baekhyun hasn't recieve lately.

She's lucky.

And just like that a loud sob resonates around the dark living room. Chanyeol flinched from the sound that he almost fall from the stairs. On the other hand, Baekhyun tried his best to cover his sound by his hands.

Chanyeol squinted his eyes to the dark living room until he saw the figure of his husband, shoulders shaking while sitting in the couch. Realization hit him hard as a rock and slowly but surely walked back down the stairs towards his small husband.

"Bae-Baekhyun?" He called out."L-love?"

That was the hit for the dam of his tears to break and continously to fall down. Hi ls heartbreaking sobs escape his lips like the first wail of the child being born. Baekhyun was hurting so bad. He was hurting so much he doesn't even know if his heart is literally being torn apart or not. The fact that Chanyeol called him by their supposed to be endearing pet name. The name that used to make his heart pump blood faster as it used to be it. The name that made the butterflies on his belly flew for more than seven years. The name that gave him reasons to fell in love numerous times to the man who is kneeling front him now and trying his best to wipe those tears falling from his husband's cheeks.

"B-Baek, please listen to me. I'm......I'm so sorry, huh. Please Baek. S-Stop crying, please." Chanyeol pleaded so much. He didn't know his husband was awake. He didn't know how much Baekhyun have heard but he will explain. No matter how hard is it, he will try his best to make Baekhyun understand.

He cupped his face, thumbs rubbing his now rosy cheeks. Chanyeol's heart shattered at the scenery infront of him. He ed up real time.

"Baby listen to me, okay. You are the only one I love, believe Baek. Please believe me, huh? B-baby." Chanyeol kissed his forehead and that made the smaller cry even more. Chanyeol bit his lips. He can't endure listening and seeing his husband crying but he needs to. He needs to.

Baekhyun soon looked up at him. Chanyeol saw it. The last light of his husband bright eyes that is exclusively for him and he wants to hold onto that light, to not fade but it did, and the words spilling in Baekhyun's mouth made his heart breaks more.

"We should take a break from our marriage, Yeol."

Though painful, Chanyeol let him. He just ask for a break not a divorce so he should let Baekhyun go. That night, Baekhyun packed one duffel bag for he will not stay away for long. He let Chanyeol walked him to the bus stop. When the bus arrived, they hugged one last time before Baekhyun hiked up the bus, crying his heart out once it moved away from the stop. Chanyeol, who was left behind, has his own tears flowing down his face, fist clenched. Screaming silently his promise of getting back his husband while everything is done.

Two years after