Chapter 1

Interest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


-----------
Loneliness leads you to try various things. There are moments where you'll just find yourself staring into space thinking, "What can I do today? But with who?".

Chaeyoung was not in need of a lover or anything more. She was fine. But in all honesty, it was pretty difficult to avoid feeling lonely which she tries prevent for the reason that whenever she finds herself in that situation, it results into deep overthinking regarding her low self-esteem.

So she thought that, what if her situation was different? What if she had that someone who can understand that there are voices inside her head she's finding so hard to conquer. What if she had that person who can distract her away from these voices?

Eyes shaded with the colour of acorn found themselves locked with a phone screen. Never in her life was Chaeyoung desperate for someone, she just wanted to try if she can meet a person who can serve as her distraction. So here she was, using a speed dating program named Neargroup.

"Hi Chaeyoung, I am Neargroup. I am the best way to chat with like-minded people near you. Tap "Chat now" to find users"

Reluctantly, Chaeyoung pressed "Chat Now" and the application quickly responded that they were searching for a match.

"Congratulations! We have found a match! Her name is Tzuyu, 19 years old. She is 384km away from you. Chat long enough to reveal photos and names! Type END to end this chat"

Her eyelids closed rapidly, surprised at how quick the program responded. The girl was probably from Busan, which was far; though the application said it'll find someone near. Chaeyoung cleared as she typed the first thing to say, wanting to make a good impression.

"Hello :) Good Evening!"

It wasn't long enough before the person on the other line replied. "AGL?"

Huh?

"What?", her eyebrows met, completely baffled regarding the acronym.

"I meant your age, gender, location"

A long "oh" escaped her lips. "I'm 18, Female and I live in Seoul"

The exact moment she sent the information, the program replied.

"Last conversation ended. Type CHAT NOW to chat"

The corner of her lips fell as she read the message. Did she say something wrong? Or were there something weird about the information she sent? A light sigh before Chaeyoung searched for another person to talk with.

"Yay! We have found a match! Her name is Somi, 16 years old. She is 27km away from you. Chat long enough to reveal photos and names! Type END to end this chat"

A soft smile climbed up to Chaeyoung's features as she saw that the person was just a few miles away from her.

"Hi, good evening :)"

"Hey there ^w^, where are you from?"

The person made a cheerful impression on Chaeyoung,  plus she seemed nice and fun. "Seoul"

"That's nice. I'm from Incheon! We should probably meet up sometime. Hahaha. Can I add your real account?"

Her lips puckered to the side, a bit turned off. It would be nice but, it wasn't the right time yet. "Already?"

"Why not? I mean, there's no problem in seeing your face already right? You'll see my face too don't worry. I'm not a serial killer, if that's what you're afraid of"

Just not yet, Chaeyoung thought as she ended the conversation. She heaved a sigh, hoping that the next one won't be a bummer.

"Congratulations! We have found a match! Her name is Mina, 19 years old. She is 59km away from you. Chat long enough to reveal photos and names! Type END to end this chat"

"Hello, good evening :)", Chaeyoung sent.

"Hello"

----------------
Chaeyoung only had two hours of sleep that night. The first two was due to the fact that she was bored and the electricity at their subdivision was cut off for an unknown reason. She woke up at 11pm only to realize that she doesn't have any pants to wear the next day.

Her plan was to wait for the washing machine to finish and right after, go back to sleep. Using a dating app to kill time was never an option.

But she was glad she did. And the reason for was because she was able to meet Mina. The friend she was looking for who became a fling.

In all honesty, Chaeyoung was afraid to fall for the girl due to the fact that whenever she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter