One-Shot.

' My irreplaceable husband. '

 

She remembered vividly the time when Eunhyuk taught her cooking; patiently guided her even though she will curse him for requesting such impossible thing from her; to cook. She smiled toothily remembered the first time he taught her.

 

“What are you doing?” Eunhyuk chuckled, shaking his head behind her. “Oh my God, you can’t even differentiate mushroom and carrot?”

 

Hyoyeon smiled shyly while handing the carrot to Eunhyuk. She stepped aside, making a space for Eunhyuk.

 

“I’m not into cooking, you know.” Hyoyeon whispered ily into Eunhyuk’s ear. “Beside my ex-school didn’t even teach me carrot or mushroom in dancing.”

 

“As a woman, you must be able to cook.” Eunhyuk told her while slicing the mushroom. “Even though your career is a dancer, you should be able to cook for me. I would love it if you do it for me.”

 

Hyoyeon laughed hysterically at his explanation and mouthed ‘okay’. She then put her hand around Eunhyuk’s shoulder while resting her head on his shoulder. She was lucky to have a husband like him.

 

“Remember, mushroom is half round on the top, like this.” He explained patiently at his wife. “No! Not mushy room.”

 

Hyoyeon looked at his handsome and caring husband dreamily, what she did in her ious life to be granted with such a perfect husband? She smiled at her own thought.

 

She remembered the time she lost her sight due to an accident on her performing stage. She lost his smile when she thought of the memory. That was where it all started.

 

Hyoyeon was dancing vigorously in the backup dancers’ zone with a boy band called Dong Bang Shin Ki as the spot light. Due to technical error, a spot light fell down right in front Hyoyeon. Luckily didn’t crash into anyone on the stage. She couldn’t remember clearly the incident but all she knew was something dropped right into her eyes, yes; it was the shattering glasses from the spot light.

 

Hyoyeon lost her career afterward. People had forgotten her. Dong Bang Shin Ki’s backup dancer injured causing a quite controversy for two days only. The industry bribed the media to stop spreading the news and they did. They had ruined her career. They didn’t care about her but Eunhyuk always be there for her, care for her.

 

He took care of her. He promised to be her eyes forever but greedily, she didn’t want that. She wanted to have her own eyes. She wanted to look for herself. She wanted to dance.

 

“Hyoyeon, stop it!” Eunhyuk shouted, snapping a piece of broken glass from her hand which caused his own hand to bleed. “What do you think you are doing?”

 

Hot tears began to stream down her cheek. She was devastated. She didn’t want to be a burden for the rest of his life. She knew him very well that he would never speak up any of his trouble and she would immediately tell it, just by looking at his expression but now, there was no use. She was nothing but a burden to him.   

 

“Don’t leave me alone,” Eunhyuk pleaded, hugging Hyoyeon against his chest.

 

“You are bleeding!” Hyoyeon exclaimed in horror as she accidentally touched his injury hand.

 

Eunhyuk immediately calmed her down, caressing her hair.

 

“It’s okay, it is not pain.” Eunhyuk reassured her. “For me, if you left me alone, the pain would be unbearable.”

 

Hyoyeon was touched by his words. Eunhyuk surely knew how to calm her and showered her with happiness. Hyoyeon remembered his tears trickled down onto her cheek and he jokingly denied it, saying that it was his sweat.

 

Hyoyeon smiled sadly. She missed him very much that she couldn’t bear the loneliness without him. She looked at the beautiful clear sky and sighed, these eyes that he gave her mean so much to her. Thinking about Eunhyuk always made her suffocated; knowing that the place he was staying right now was her fault.

 

“Twenty years more,” she mumbled.

 

She remembered the day Eunhyuk told her that he will make her see again. She remembered his promised. Her husband, a surgery doctor and of course she trusted him. However, she didn’t know his plan. A plan that will only ruin his future career but he didn’t care.

 

“I manage to get it!” Eunhyuk happily told her one beautiful day.

 

The next moment she realised that he had killed someone, only to fulfil his promise to her. He then performed the surgery, removing the cataract from the victim’s and exchanged it with Hyoyeon’s.

 

Hyoyeon touched her eyes. Tears slowly tricked down her cheek. He didn’t deserve it but there was no turning back for him.

 

She remembered the moment Eunhyuk was dragged by the police officers right in front of her. He smiled at her, showing that he was happy that Hyoyeon will be able to see and dance again.

 

Hyoyeon rushed to Eunhyuk who was willingly being dragged by the police officers.

 

“Eunhyuk!” She shouted, pushing away the police officers from him. “Don’t leave me!”

 

Eunhyuk mouthed at the police officers to give him some times. They nodded their head and patiently wait aside. Eunhyuk wiped his crying wife and playfully pinched her cheeks.

 

“Don’t cry,” He persuaded, grabbing both of her hands and put them against his chest. “My chest will be extra painful if you do.”

 

Hyoyeon couldn’t utter a single word. She was too afraid to lose him. She didn’t want them to drag him away from her. She didn’t want to live her night alone without her husband. Who was going to cook for her? Who was going to watch her new dance movement? Who was going to sing her a song when she was sad? Who was going to accompany her to every where? Who was going to help her during her difficulties? Who was going to love her like no one else’s?

 

“I know what you are trying to say.” Eunhyuk said, tighten his grips. “Always remember that everything I do, I do it for you without any regrets.”

 

Hyoyeon didn’t want him to let go of her hand. What if it was the last time? What if she couldn’t hear his voice again? What if she couldn’t see him again? What if he left her forever? She questioned herself, didn’t want to imagine the obvious answers.

 

“Just twenty years, it will pass like a flash of lightning and the next time you open your eyes, I will be by your side.” Eunhyuk still manage to crack a joke. “I’m your doraemon, don’t you remember? I have magic doors.”

 

Hyoyeon giggled sadly, Eunhyuk surely knew how to brighten her mood but still, she felt an instance pain inside her chest. She didn’t want Eunhyuk to disappear in front of her.

 

“Promise me that you will wait for me.” Hyoyeon nodded frantically. She promised him that she will.

 

Hyoyeon stood up and faced the grave in front of her. ‘Lee Hyori’ name was craved on it, the victim. She placed a flower on the grave before she walked away.

 

“I’ll wait for you.” She smiled. “I will cook for you.”

 

 

 

Yo! (: thanks for those who subscribed. I really appreciated it. Do leave a comment ^~^. Tell me how was it, alright? I will be waiting. Do spend time reading my others one-shot. They are great, I promise :D *Shameless* BUBYE. LOTS OF LOVE.