FINAL

perfect fit.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one really understood how and why Minatozaki Sana and Hirai Momo are friends.

 

Correction: Best friends.

 

More so, no one could ever figure out what kind of powdered potion the Sorting Hat must have /accidentally/ snorted when it decided to sort the embodiment of the sun that is Sana into Slytherin, while looming and brooding Momo was sent to the Hufflepuff house.

For the five years that they have been staying in Hogwarts so far, the two never failed to be attached to the hip; what with Sana being Momo’s number one supporter and cheerleader during her Quidditch Games (yes, even if Momo was playing against Sana’s own house team), while the Momo had always endured long hours at the library studying, and helping Sana with her many, many extra-curricular activities.

Not many have conjured up the guts to question it upfront, but some like Yoo Jeongyeon, a fellow fifth year from Gryffindor and a prefect like Sana, did.

“I mean, no offense, you’re great and all but how, just how does that happen?” Sana looks at the blonde with her curious eyes as they walked down the halls of the castle for their nightly patrols.

“Momo is like super buff and scary, she freaks out all the other Hufflepuffs in their house. I know for sure, because that fourth year, Kim Dahyun told me she nearly pissed her pants when Momo suddenly appeared behind her in the Great Hall. And you…” Jeongyeon slowly comes to a halt from walking, eyeing the Slytherin in front of her who flashed her usual charming smile to her.

Sana chuckles, tucking a few strands of her chocolate brown hair behind her ears. “I’m what, Prefect Yoo?”

Jeongyeon playfully grimaces at the term, and knows Sana was only teasing.

“Let’s just say you’re way too nice and bright to be a Slyth, you know? You’re just so great with everyone, even with the professors. You help tutor the younger students for their exams, you volunteer for all sorts of charity that I know of and you’re the president of S.P.E.W. for crying out loud!” Jeongyeon lists off, confusion still evident on her face.

Sana is used to these kinds of looks, but never paid them much mind.

It is true that her friendship with Momo was nothing short of peculiar, but in hindsight, makes the most sense for her.

Sana simply laughs and wraps her arms around Jeongyeon’s right arm, pulling lightly and urging her to walk again.

“We’re just a good match. Momo is an amazing friend and I think people just don’t easily notice. But she is, and I wouldn’t really ask for more.” Sana smiles fondly, her eyes sparkling as she spoke about her best friend.

Jeongyeon sighs and eventually decides against pressing any further. The two seemed happy and content, heck why question it. Instead, she opts to teasingly pull herself away from Sana’s hold, knowing the latter is as clingy as the green house’s representative animal and will eventually slink back to hug her.

 

---------------

 

Sana eventually finishes her nightly patrol and makes her way back to the Slytherin common room.

She passes by the paintings in the castle’s hallways, quietly waving and saying good night to its occupants with a cute smile on her face. She feels quite sad that most of the students just pass by the people in these amazing artworks when they have so much history and story to tell.

Descending down the staircase leading to the dungeons, Sana notices a figure sitting crouched down near the huge door of their common room.

It was hard to miss; the cascading blonde locks of a head lolling back and forth, an undone yellow and brown tie haphazardly slung around her neck, eyes shut with slightly open.

Momo.

Sana couldn’t help the warm feeling that spreads from her chest and throughout her whole body as s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter