fin.

We've Had Enough

“Do you think they will ever confess to each other?” Jackson said in English as he sipped his drink. They were all hanging around in YG X Academy’s practice room minus Bambam and Lisa who were back in Thailand to see their families.

Jennie dramatically sighed as she put her hair in a bun, “I lowkey think they enjoy the ‘some’ stage where they just kinda flirt with each other, right Rosie?”

Before Chaeyoung could respond, Jackson quickly interrupted, “Like you did with Jongin?” he laughed as he barely dodged the empty water bottle Jennie threw at him. Jennie, Jackson, Mark, Chaeyoung, and Youngjae were sitting in circle on the floor.

Chaeyoung chuckled and then she hummed in agreement. She quietly gave Mark her bottle, asking him to open it for her.

Wanna bet that they’re just purposely pissing us off and they have actually been dating for months now?” Mark dared.

Chaeyoung took the bottle from him, saying a quick thanks before saying, “That does sound plausible, to be honest. Are we betting on how long they have dated or whether they have really been dating?”

“Do you guys think Jisoo noona would do that to you?” Youngjae cut in Korean. He’s glad that these people were improving his English, but he’s really not in the mood to learn. “I know Jinyoung hyung would, but noona? I don’t think she’s like that.”

Jennie smiled at him; everyone had a soft spot for Youngjae for some reason. “It’s endearing how much you trust her, but Jisoo unnie is definitely the type to do that.” She turned to look at the couple and sighed again, making everyone turn their head to them as well.

The two were sitting by themselves, busy with each other in their own bubble, separated from the group. Jisoo was laughing at something Jinyoung said and the guy was grinning just as wide that the wrinkles beside his eyes were showing. They were sitting side by side, shoulders hair width apart, hands touching each other every now and then (Jackson pointed out that they’re doing everything their song said to stop doing, singing Stop Stop It as he wiggle in his seat to make a point ((Jennie didn’t miss this time and hit Jackson squarely on the head))), they’re so sweet it was so painful to see.

“I say they’ve been dating for at least 6 months,” Mark said.

Jennie turned to him, “Six months? You sure? I don’t think it’s been that long. I say 3 months at least.”

“What are we talking about?” Jaebum said out of nowhere, his arms circling on Jennie’s and Youngjae’s shoulders, making them both scream at his sudden appearance. Yugyeom laughed from the door, Jinyoung and Jisoo turned to them, shook their heads, then went back to their own world.

“Probably Jinyoung hyung and Jisoo noona,” Yugyeom said as he sat down beside Jackson.

“You sure you wanna sit here? Jennie throws bottles this way a lot,” the girl glared at him, to which he just leaned forward and ruffled her hair as he laughed at her.

Jaebum sat between Youngjae and Jackson, trying to make himself comfortable. “Hmm… Sorry, Mark. But I’m with Jennie in this. I don’t think it’s been that long since they make it official.” Jackson and Yugyeom nodded silently, agreeing with him.

Mark just shrugged, “That’s how I see it. I stand by my case.”

“I think Mark ge is right,” Chaeyoung nodded to herself. “They have been—”

“YOU call Mark gege?” Jackson interrupted. The girl just blinked at him, confused. “While you’ve been calling me Jackson all this time? No oppa? No gege? Just Jackson?” he feigned hurt.

Chaeyoung just rolled her eyes, “Mark deserves to be called gege. And I thought you’re not big on seniority?” she glanced at him and then Jaebum, making the rest laugh.

“Where is Lisa? Why is the only person who will take my side missing?” Jackson said dramatically.

“She’s back in Thailand. Bambam sent a picture of them both in our group chat just earlier, hyung,” Yugyeom said.

“Anyway, they’ve been close for like 3 years now, right? 6 months is a pretty good guess, I think,” she announced as she leaned her head on Yugyeom’s arm. The guy was so tall and big, he’s cozy to cuddle to.

Jennie shook her head at them, “You guys just have no idea do you?” She said with a flair of sympathy. “Chaeng is right; they have been close for three years. That being said, I don’t think they will start clinging to each other just recently if they’ve been dating for six months, no? Even though they have always acted like they’re married, the skinship has just started recently, right? So… what do you guys think happened? Are they done hiding? Did they decide to be open with the skinship just now? Or did they just begin dating, hence the honeymoon stage?”

Jaebum shook his head as he chuckled at her, “Didn’t know you’re the dramatic type, Jen.” Jennie just stuck her tongue at him.

“I think they’re just pissing us off, I told you,” Mark said again.

“I’m not gonna take part in this bet because I respect Jisoo noona and I don’t want to make a bet about her relationship,” Youngjae declared. “What is the losing team going to do, anyway?”

“Pay dinner when we are full-team?” Jaebum offered.

“Expensive dinner when we are full-team,” Mark corrected.

“How expensive?” someone chimed.

“Steak?” They had no idea where did Mark get his confidence from.

Chaeyoung’s mouth made a cute ‘O’, “Good idea. It’s been long since we all eat together, anyway. Plus, paying for 11 mouths is pretty…cost-y.”

“Can we bring Somi and make it 12? She’s been wanting to hang out, too,” Jennie asked and the rest just nodded, not minding at all.

“So… who’s with me?” Jennie grinned at them all.

*

“What do you think they’re talking about?” Jinyoung whispered to Jisoo, his head pointing to the group sitting on circle.

Jisoo looked at him, unimpressed, “You think?”

Jinyoung grinned, his lips brushed against her hair in the slightest move, he had to hold back everything in him not to plant his lips on the top of her head, “Do you think we should tell them?”

“I don’t see why we should announce whether we’re dating or not. Takes the fun out of it, you know?” She chuckled. “And it’s not like we’re hiding. They just don’t bother to ask.” She shrugged at him.

Jinyoung just laughed lazily at her, pushing her hair behind her shoulder, seeing Youngjae and Jennie squealed to themselves in his peripheral vision.

“You’re doing it on purpose, aren’t you?” the girl squinted her eyes at him, and then she grinned as she shook her head. “You evil-thing, playing them like that.”

“You’re playing along, though,” he flicked his finger on her forehead. “And you did say it’s fun.” Jisoo just crunched her nose, not even able to deny.

She chuckled quietly before putting her head on his shoulder, “Does anyone other than Mark oppa actually know?”

Jinyoung hummed slightly, tilting his head slightly on top of hers, “I don’t think so? Unless he tells on us, which is unlikely because he sees it funny that they are yet to figure us out.”

“Well, Lisa found out a few days ago. She was playing with my phone when your text comes through calling me…names.”

The guy laughed, “Guess that means Bambam knows too by now. But he’s like Mark hyung so I doubt he tells anyone.”

“Do you think they’re betting on us?”

“Of course, they are. It’s a matter of how we make them lose big,” Jinyoung said seriously.

Jisoo nodded, a frown on her pretty face as she pretended to think hard. “I think Mark oppa is already leading them down that road. Should we ask Mark oppa what are they betting us on?”

Jinyoung just shoved his phone on her face, “Beat ya to it.”

 

Mark Tuan:

They’re betting on steaks. Full team plus Somi. Rosie and Youngjae are the only one on my side. Should I bring people to me and make the losing team lose big, or should I just ask for a more expensive dish?

 

The girl laughed, shaking her head. “Mark oppa’s image is a scam.” Jinyoung nodded in agreement. “If Chaeng and Youngjae are with Mark oppa, that means the 6 others are paying, right? I think 6 people paying for 12 is enough. Plus, some of you will probably have seconds.”

“True enough, I will tell hyung the current situation is okay,” he said as he typed on his phone.

“How should we break it to them, then?”

Jinyoung hummed, thinking of a fun way to announce their relationship. He looked back at the crowd, making sure they’re looking before he looked back at his girlfriend; Jisoo was looking at him expectantly.

“I can’t think of anything fun. But I do have something in mind that would get a reaction out of them.”

Jisoo just continued looking at him, pressing Jinyoung to continue.

Jinyoung grinned. “You trust me?”

Jisoo just looked at him funny. “What do you mean? Of c—” Before she could finish her sentence, his hands were already cupping her face, his lips planted firmly against her. Jisoo had to blink a few times before grasping what’s happening and kissed him back. Her lips turned into a big smile at the voice of her friends losing their mind, distinctly, she could also hear Mark laughed at them as Chaeyoung hit him for not saying anything.

 

*

 

[BONUS]

“What do you think they’re doing this time? They look serious,” Youngjae asked the gang. He wasn’t sure but Mark’s silence didn’t feel as peaceful as usual.

“Oooooh, he’s showing something to her. What do you think it is? A picture of another girl? Is Jisoo going to get jealous?” Jackson said excitedly, he felt like he’s watching a drama right in front of his eyes.

“You guys… don’t have better things to do?” Chaeyoung said, genuinely concerned. They had been making narratives since earlier, and even though it was fun to listen to, she didn’t know if she was in Jisoo’s place she’d be comfortable.

Jennie glared at the younger girl, “Don’t you dare tell me this isn’t fun.”

“Oooh! Oooh! Hyung is looking this way!!!” Yugyeom whispered forcefully, making them all look back at Jinyoung instead of trying to be subtle about their staring.

“Are you guys stupid!!” he said again after Jinyoung turned to Jisoo once again. “See? He’s telling on you guys and noona will get ang—” Yugyeom suddenly stopped. His mouth hanging open.

Jackson openly screamed; Jennie shook him repeatedly as she squealed. Jaebum couldn’t believe he had to deal with even more kids than what he usually did.

Mark laughed to himself, his phone recording their reactions to send to Bambam. Chaeyoung hit him on the shoulder, so annoyed that he didn’t tell them and even managed to get them into betting.

When Jinyoung turned to them, he looked at Jennie square in the eyes and asked, “So… when are we eating the steaks?”

 

A/N: I'M SO SORRY I DID NOT KNOW I HAD THE FOREWORD POSTED! T-T 

if any of you were waiting for this, I genuinely apologize TwT

I hope you enjoy TwT