END

Love Potion

Mingyu sat by the windowsill, looking out onto the roads as his thoughts panned out. The rational part of him wants to find out why he carried out this plan. The irrational part of him wants to continue this relationship, even though it felt silly. Before he could come to a final conclusion on what he should do, he heard the front door beeping. He’s back.

 

“Hey…I’m back…” The familiar low-bass voice called out.

 

A soft delicate smile graced Mingyu’s features as he felt warmth spreading through his body. He could imagine the other going through his usual routine as the soft padding resounded through the quiet apartment. The other was now in the kitchen, brewing another cup of his infamous teas. He could smell the sickening sweetness that was diffusing through the house. A single teardrop fell, leaving its trace on Mingyu’s cheek as he heard the soft footsteps stop a few steps behind him.

 

 

“Hey…you’ve been strangely quiet today huh?” He called out, keeping a distance. The situation felt vague, and his instincts were telling him that something was off.

 

“Why…” Mingyu let out a shaky breath, finally asking the question that had been boggling his mind for the past few weeks. Seems like the rational side of him had decided to take charge.

 

“Huh? H-Hey…are you alright?” The other took two steps, before Mingyu turned around. Mingyu’s red-rimmed eyes made the other freeze in place.

 

 

 

“Wonwoo. Why? Why did you make me love you?” Mingyu asked once more, his stare focused on the other.

 

As soon as the question came out of his lips, Wonwoo’s grip on the teacup tightened. The love-potion spiked tea that he had been serving Mingyu since weeks ago.

 

“H-How long…” Wonwoo replied with a question. The dynamics between them had always been like that. Mingyu asking a question, and Wonwoo following up with another.

 

“W-Weeks…I’ve known for weeks.” Mingyu answered the question. “It was a little too obvious. The tea was too sweet.”

 

“But you still drank it?” Wonwoo asked, a hint of suspicion laced in his tone.

 

“I wanted to see what you would do. Just kept waiting.” Mingyu looked into Wonwoo’s eyes. It left a shiver down the other’s spine.

 

Wonwoo didn’t have a solid plan out. He hadn’t made a single move yet, besides giving Mingyu the tea. Why? Wonwoo himself had no idea either. All he knew was that he didn’t want to let the other go, and he didn’t want Mingyu to hate him.

 

“S-So…you’ll be leaving…?” Wonwoo asked, his voice small and faint. Please don’t go. Don’t leave me like all the others.  

 

Mingyu approached the other, grabbing the cup of tea. They kept their eyes on each other, waiting for one to make a move.

 

“Do you want me to leave?” Mingyu asked, his hand shaking a little whilst holding the cup.

 

“N- It’s not fair for me to make any decisions. I’ve done enough.” Wonwoo gulped, his eyes shimmering a little. This was the most vulnerable he had ever been in front of any others.

 

“Are you afraid? That I’d leave like everyone else?” Mingyu knew he hit the right spot as he watched the slight wince appear and disappear in seconds.

 

“Just go.” Wonwoo wanted this agony to end. He watched Mingyu pour the contents onto the ground, his fists curling up into the sides of his hoodie. His eyes were glued to the ground, not having the heart to watch the other leave him. It was too much for him to handle.

 

“Silly…I’m not leaving.” Mingyu let out a chuckle, his arms pulling Wonwoo into an embrace. He felt the older slowly melt into the hug, his own arms slowly moving up to wrap around Mingyu’s taller figure.

 

 

 

 

“Mingyu…” Wonwoo called out, unsure if the taller had fallen asleep. Both had decided that it had been an emotional day, so they headed to bed early. They snuggled under the warm sheets, happy that they were in the presence of each other.

 

“Hmm?” Mingyu hummed, turning around to face Wonwoo. He noticed the uncertainty in the smaller’s expressions.

 

“What if…you start to hate me after the love-potion wears out? Would you leave me then?” Wonwoo asked, chin tucked into his chest.

 

“Well…everyone is different in their own ways. I won’t hate you just because. We’ll just learn to live with each other’s differences. And if we do eventually have to part ways…then we’ll talk it out. Amicably.” Mingyu cupped Wonwoo’s jaw with his hand, raising the other’s head to look at him.

 

The night fell deeper as the two shared their first true kiss.