Prologue

The Rebellion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TW: mention of death

 

PROLOGUE

South Korea. 3006 A.D.

 

For five years, the whole country of South Korea lived on the verge of destruction. 

 

Everything happened in a blink of an eye.

 

It all began when a perfectly healthy, middle class, South Korean man contracted an unknown virus that resided in and took control of his brain—this unfamiliar virus prompted him to commit several actions that were completely against his will. 

 

The man, who was called Mr. Jo, was convinced that his actions were just a product of his regular ‘bad days’.  Thinking that there was nothing abnormal with his situation, he decided to ignore it.

 

After a day, Mr. Jo’s family, friends, and coworkers found themselves experiencing the same problem as his.

 

In just a week, more than a thousand South Koreans reported themselves doing various tasks and actions unconsciously.

 

At first, the actions were just as simple as picking up something, or talking to someone you do not know, or going to a certain place. Gradually, they started to become violent. They would slap someone for no reason; they would punch someone who’s standing near them; they would strangle someone to death. In the end, they would eventually realize and become guilty for what they'd become, that they would grab a knife, or a scissor, or a pen, or a gun, and take their own precious life. Everyone who contracted the virus suffered the same fate. 

 

No one could exactly figure out where the vir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter