Chapter 10

Somewhere in Between

 

        

 

    The girls were shocked when they got home and found the lamps still off. Seems like Seohyun hasn't arrived yet. But then when they went to her room, they find her, laying on her bed, with head burried in pillow.

     "Seo," Yuri called, but Seohyun remains silent. Everyone looks at each other and decided to leave her alone. It must been really hard for her. They knew it all along, Seohyun has fallen in love with Marcus. Bottomline, not Kyuhyun.

     It's 9 when Seohyun finally went out of her shell. Her unnies were sitting on the family room, waiting for her worriedly.

     "Are you hungry? There's still a little bibimbap left," Sunny said. Seohyun only shakes her head and stand still.

     "Seo, you should eat. Before the shiksin eats all," Yuri said. Seohyun smiled.

     "Yah, Kkab Yul! At least cook some more for me, I only ate 3portion," Sooyoung mumbled. Hyoyeon hits her head with the napkin.

     "You ate 3portion and two of them were mine and Yoong's! Aigoo~" Hyoyeon scolded. Seohyun giggled, brings relief to the girls. Then it's kinda awkward, none of them dare to speak up.

     "I'm sorry, for being so childish this afternoon," Seohyun finally spoke.

     "It's not your fault, Seo. We are the one who should apologize to you," Sooyoung said.

     "We knew it, yet we didn't tell you," Jessica added. Seohyun shakes her head, smiling.

     "No unnie, I know all of you won't hurt me, I know the reason why you didn't tell me. But it doesn't change the fact that I was the one who became so selfish and childish." The unnies only look at her, grateful for having such a kindhearted magnae.

     "I wasn't supposed to be that angry to him. It wasn't his fault either. But... Being lied and fooled, then in the end found out that it was all utter bulls... I feel like I'm the most stupid person ever."

     "No, Seo. You ar---" Yuri got cutted off by Sunny. They want Seohyun to say her  deepest feeling. It is rare to find Seohyun being honest and dare to speak up. All this time, she has always been keeping it for herself. She was the one who would stay sane when the unnies were going out of their minds. She was the one who will give up her wishes and let the other to take the chances.

     "I... I don't know why but he was the one, only one, I ever needed. I ever wanted. I've never felt like this before. I thought he was just a clumsy teacher that won't ever cross my mind. But I was wrong, totally wrong. Somewhere in between our moments together, he being so dependable on me, he giving me candies for anything I've done for him, I... I think I love him."

     The unnies were looking at her, feeling guilty. They never seen this side of Seohyun before. The girl that always been there for everybody, the girl that will hold up her tears only so that the other will feel better, the girl that was so clueless and carefree towards love, finally falls on her knees before the most complicated phenomena in this world. Love.

     "I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what should I say, I shouldn't have said those hurtful words to him," tears started streaming down her flawless face, "But I couldn't stop. I once told him about my mom, and how I hate players. But him... No, it's not his fault. Really. But I feel so stupid. I feel like I'm weaker and more stupid than my mom. Foolishly falling for a player."

     "Is it karma? The result of being so hateful towards players?"

     Then she burst in tears. She can't even speak anymore. Yuri and Yoona who were sitting near her immediately hug her. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung stood up and hug her as well, while Sunny and Jessica busy trying to hold up their tears while caressing Seohyun's hair.

     No one speaks up. Sounds of crying filled up the whole room. It's like the longest 10minutes in their life. Then Seohyun, finally regained her strength, looks up and see her unnies, crying with snot on their redish nose.

     Seohyun giggled, thanks to her unnies' horrible face. Their face look so weird and pretty messed up. Then the unnies one by one giggled towards each other.

     "Your face looks like a deer, which accidentally bumped its head to a huge rock," Jessica said to Yoona, causing the girls to laugh.

     "Yah! Look at you, you look like an ahjumma, being dumped by her secret younger lover and ended up drinking soju as much as she can," Sooyoung said.

     "Then you are a fatty girl whose donuts been snatched away from her that caused her to cry heartily," Sunny added.

     “Stop it, you look like a spoiled brat,” Yuri said, threw some used tissues to Sunny, but it ended up stuck on Hyoyeon’s clothes.

     “Yah! If your snots are money, I would gladly receive this. Take these awayyyy~~~” Hyoyeon scolded. Yuri immediately takes the tissues away.

     Then everyone laughs as loud as they can. Being so childish at moment like this, it wasn't that bad either. Thing that makes them happier is Seohyun's small laughter.

     "Thank you, unnies. Thank you so very very much, I don't know how would my life be if I didn't meet all of you," Seohyun said while smiling sincerely to her beloved unnies. The unnies immediately hug her, causing them to look like teletubbies.

     "But unnie, there's something I really really need to tell to all of you," everyone stiffened all of sudden, wishing that it won't be something bad, "I... Will go abroad. Appa called umma before, they finally made a new start. They became friends again… and they agreed to send me to Oxford University."

     It wasn't bad. Really. It was really really totally seriously awfully bad. Everyone had that mini-heart attack. Now they are staring at Seohyun in disbelief.

     "I'm sorry, really am. I was planning to tell you today, and we will go somewhere, have fun together, make more joyful memories, and then I will fly to England on Monday."

     "Wait... You are not telling us that you will go to England only three days from now, right?" Hyoyeon asked.

     "Seobaby!! Aish~ you!! I can't believe you!" Yoona said, she is going to cry again anytime by now.

     "I didn't know that something like this will occur. I'm sorry, unnie," Seohyun hugs them all, smiling softly. Now she is back to the old Seohyun, the one who will soothe everyone down when she actually is the most hurt one.

     "Well, I think it's not too late to go to karaoke? Let's just have some fun, girls, Seohyun will leave us soon, we should make memorable moments!" Yuri suggested.

==========================================

 

     It's been two days after the incident. The media has been focusing on Cho Kyuhyun's comeback to Seoul. It was said that he was doing his punishment at some random place outside town. Well, the whole third graders who were attending the graduation were paid for not telling the truth, so this fact is still safe.

     It's been two days Seohyun keeps avoiding the topic of Kyuhyun. She also avoids Kyuhyun, of course. Literally. She doesn't pick up her phone, she immediately deletes all the messages he sent after reading it, she immediately excused to everyone if the name ever been mentioned.

     She told her unnies not to tell anyone about her leaving. But her unnies are the one who can’t keep their problem theirselves, because it always been Seohyun who became their 'diary'.

     Sooyoung told Siwon about this and the whole story. Siwon was so worried that he wanted to come and talk to Seohyun, but Sooyoung forbade him to do so.

     Sunny told her aegyo king about her beloved dongsaengie, and Sungmin was the same as Siwon, but Sunny threatened him if he did so, he wouldn't be allowed to meet her in a full-week.

     Hyoyeon told Eunhyuk about this and Eunhyuk, being the most talkative one, accidentally told the others about this. So now, the boys except Kyuhyun have already known about the hidden-facts.

     Because of the burden she is feeling, she decides that if Kyuhyun calls her again tonight, she will answer.

     He really does. It’s ten to nine, the unnies are still busy watchin romantic movies while eating snacks like there will be no tomorrow.

     “Yoboseyo,” Seohyun greeted.

     “Yoboseyo,” said the one on the line. Seohyun smiled slightly. She does miss his voice.

     “…”

     “Seo?”

     “…”

     “Thank you.”

     “What for?” Seohyun almost cried. She’s on the edge of her defense wall.

     “Picking up my call. I thought you won’t ever pick up.” Kyuhyun feels so relieved, it’s showed clearly on his tone. Seohyun smiled.

     “It’s the right thing to do, anyway.”

     “…”

     “Listen, Marcus… I know it maybe the time to finally get over you, well, to be honest, I really do miss you. But I’m sorry, goodbye, Marcus,” Seohyun said before hung up the phone. She let out a heavy sigh after doing so. She thinks her unnies don’t know, but it was all thanks to their acting skill, they were only acting so that Seohyun won’t cry over him again. Seohyun will leave them tomorrow, for God’s sake.

=======================================================