Enough

Is There Such Thing as Radish Bread?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie..."

 

 

Beneath the dark, silent corners of the room, a figure... or maybe two figures loom. Both stood still, literally having no care in the world. Long gone is the comfortable silence between the two girls, desperately seeking warmth from each other's embrace. With sound comes the anguished voice of the person behind it, clearly this is something serious. Nevertheless, both continue to snuggle despite each growing second that the sender has called. The older one hums in response, showing interest in what her dongsaeng is trying to say.

 

 

"Yes Hitoma?" Chaewon replies in a questioning manner, brushing her lover's hair with delicateness, as if the other was fragile and could break anytime soon.

 

 

"..."

 

 

Hitomi hesitates for a minute, looking anywhere but the short-haired lass' eyes. But with a tight squeeze from the latter, she became reassured that her girlfriend wouldn't react violently to the question that she is going to ask. She takes a deep breath, gaining a quick grasp of the minty scent the other exudes. This was her calm.

 

 

 

"Do you think I'm... enough?"

 

 

 

"..."

 

 

 

Silence... After finishing her brief inquiry towards the girl with the copper-ish colored hair, no one dared to speak. Only the quaint whir of the heater, and their slow, ragged breathing filled the void of the quiet space. The mochi wished that she never had asked her unnie that. Maybe she was being too irritating for the other to handle. She was going to give the interrogation up and tell the radish to act like as if she didn't hear anything, until...

 

 

 

"Hmmmm, how about you Hitoma... Do you think you are enough?"

 

 

 

She froze. It was a rhetorical question that the chubby-cheeked girl couldn't answer. After all these years, she had been living under a shadow, thinking to herself that she was nothing special, that she was a nobody. That was until Kim Chaewon barged the heck into her life, making her feel things that other people have failed to make her feel. And now that they're together, she wishes to be someone that the girl adores, someone that the cheetah in front of her loves until the end of the world. And even though she knows that she has a lot of shortcomings, she wishes to be enough. Enough for Chaewon to be happy with, enough for Chaewon to want to have a future together, enough for Chaewon so that the girl doesn't leave her like all the other people would do to her all the time.

 

 

"I-I..." she stutters, not finding the exact words to say back to the older. Her anxiety builds up at the back of her mind, insecurities running wild once more. She wanted to spit out the words 'of course' and 'i am,' however, her past relationships flood through her mind and she remembers all the times when her exes said that she lacked so many things in life. They said she wasn't pretty, that she wasn't really girlfriend material, that she was meant to have no one around her. What if Chaewon ends up being like the rest of them? The thought just makes her clutch the ends of her sweater ever so tightly.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hitoma..." the taller girl pauses for a few seconds, breaking away from their hug and proceeding to cup Hitomi's cheeks without any second thoughts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Enough doesn't only have one meaning you know..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Enough is when someone is content with the things that they have,

Just like when Hyewon-unnie thinks that the food in front of her is enough to fill her hungry stomach,

It could be when Minju huffs in victory after having to master our difficult choreography for FIESTA,

Also when Nako finishes her third gallon of ice cream, whether it was mint choco or any other flavor."

 

Both girls giggle, easing the tension in the younger woman's nerves. Chaewon takes another deep breath, signalling that she isn't over yet, and then goes on with her paragraph.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Enough could also be when one halts for a while because they have something else to do, may it be more important or not...

Remember when Yena-unnie used to cuddle with Yuri during her free time only to let go when she has to go bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter