Life After Life

How Long Will I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“My Queen, Sooyeon, stop crying. I’m sorry that I couldn’t stay with you a little longer. I’m sorry that I couldn’t protect you from now on. Promise, let’s meet again. In another life. And let’s be each other’s life after life.”

“Taeyeon.”

“I’ll find you and protect you all the same. I promise. And to love you all the same.”

“Life after life, is what I promise you too, Taeyeon. I love you. Always. My King.”

 

“Our King Taeyeon was a great person who added so much to every life The King ever touched. As you know, Our King had been very ill, but despite that always managed to hold on and fight the illness. Today, unfortunately, Our King Taeyeon has passed away. My people, from now on, let’s always have the memories of Our King Taeyeon to make you smile.”

“Long Live The King! Long Live The King.”

-----

I miss the times that we almost shared.

“Taengoo, happy birthday!”

“Thank you, Sica.”

“Do you like it?”

“How could I not? It’s the best surprise party I’ve ever had. All because of you.”

“Then let’s spend many birthdays together, Taengoo.”

 

I miss the love that was almost there.

“Yes, I will.”

“I love you, Jessica.”

“I love you too, Taeyeon. Always.”

 

“Jessica, sweetheart, you look so beautiful.”

“Of course. They say the time where a woman looks the most beautiful is when  they are in the wedding dress. You look absolutely stunning, my beautiful daughter.” Her mother proudly praised.

“Thank you, mom, and dad.”

“Taeyeon, that lucky bastard.”

“Daddy!”

“I know! I’m just kidding, sweetheart. Jesus. You just like your mother.”

“Hey! Taeyeon is such a sweetheart. You are just being salty because Taeyeon is the one now who holds the world for our only daughter. Now, honey, it’s almost the time.”

 

“Taeyeon, I don’t think you can go through it this time.”

“Sunny, please.”

“It’s too dangerous.”

“It’s the day. Our big day. I can’t let her down. I can’t abandon her like this.”

“I understand. But Taeyeon, stop being selfless. I beg you. Just once.”

 

I miss the times that we used to kiss.

“Why did I just find out now? A week too late.”

“Sica, I’m sorry. If I could tell you sooner, I would. Taeyeon wouldn’t let me.”

“Sunny, I thought-..”

“Then you thought wrong. Taeyeon loves you. She never had the intention to leave you in front the altar that day. She was really adamant. She never wanted to abandon you like that. I was the one who dragged her to the hospital. She was too weak, Sica. The sign was showing up and it was heavier than before. I knew her body wouldn’t be able to hold it, so I did what I had to. I’m really sorry, but I’m a doctor and Taeyeon’s my best friend. As long as I couId I would do everything to make her stay with us, with you, longer.”

“I need to see her. Please.”

“Of course, go ahead.”

Taeyeon is beautiful. She always has been beautiful. That is what Jessica thinks when she comes inside the hospital room watching Taeyeon sleeps so peacefully, unbothered by this whole cruelty this world has to offer. Eventhough Taeyeon looks paler, the beauty still remains. She loves Taeyeon all the same. She loves her because Taeyeon is strong but also fragile. But no matte what Jessica will always love her. All the same.

“Taeyeon, why didn’t you tell me? I’m sorry I was so oblivious. I am sorry because you were hurting, yet I didn’t even know. You should get better, soon. You promise me, remember? To spend many birthdays and to grow old together. With our kid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter