Let me tell you a little secret

Let me tell you a little secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae looks lovingly at a picture printed in black and gray before he hides it between the sheets of a novel on his night stand. 

The young man has something really important to share. He got a check up this morning because he felt so uncomfortable for days. It started with sleepiness, losing appetite, then the next moment he feels hungry like a seven-headed caterpillar. Morning sickness and the feeling of nauseous just smelling nectarine and honey. A shame that it's the scent of his favorite cologne. And when he's honest with himself, he knows his temper shrunked to a minimum of his normal tolerance. It's even hard to handle his husband's dumb jokes or stupid comments he normally would laugh off. But his worries turned into a really amazing surprise, what fills him with joy and right at the moment he just wanna hugs the world. A bright smile adorns his face as he puts the book back on nightstand. 

His first impulse is calling his mom. Images of her happily dancing on the phone while doing the housework makes him giggle. But, there is still someone he has to talk to first. A special someone. Hyukjae. His husband, love of his life and always partner in crime. And sometimes his biggest headache, as well. 

That's why he doesn't wants to go too easy on him. When he thinks about how to share this happy news with his husband he knows one thing for sure... He doesn't wants it to be ordinary. He doesn't wants it to be simple. He wants it to be creative and special just like Hyukjae himself.

Standing in the kitchen he sorts the groceries for dinner he had bought during the day. Carefully he arranges vegetables on the counter and grabs an avocado to cut the fruit in half. Very slowly so he won't damage it, because he'll need the complete halves for his idea to work. He even whispers sweetly to the fruit to let him cut it easily.

~*~

Hyukjae comes home at the right time for dinner and finds a nicely set dining table with his favorite prepared dishes. He always feels so proud of his husband. 

They have a nice chat while eating. Hyuk talks about his day at work and Donghae's trying to avoid questions about the doctors results with a happy smile. A too happy smile. But Hyukjae don't thinks of anything suspicious. 

When it's time for dessert the younger gets existed, so he orders Hyuk to stay at his seat when he carries the plates away. Soon he is back with a tiny plate with... just an avocado on it. Hyukjae's expressions falls.

"Hae, what is this?" Hyukjae whines and makes a face, but Donghae grins proudly. "It's a special kind of dessert." "No, it's an avocado. Hae, you know I hate avocados." Hyuk complains with pure disgust in his voice. "So you hate me?" Hae pouts what makes Hyukjae's eyes rolling. "You know I love you. But I hate avocados!" Donghae snorts and reaches over the table. If this stupid monkey don't go with the flow he has to help the situation and opens the damn avocado himself. Still disgusted Hyukjae looks at the green thing, now laying open up in front of him. "Look these halves are like us." The younger husband starts to explain and points at the first half with the hole in the middle. "These one is like you. And these one," he points at the second half with the core in it, "This is like me!" He shows his dumbfounded husband a happy face, but Hyukjae gets offended and hisses. "Are you telling me I have a hole in my head?" Donghae's eyes becomes big and he's taken a back.

"No!! Oh my God, no! Hyuk, this wasn't what I wanna tell you. I didn't wanted to tease you!"

"Ah, and why you gave me an avocado for dessert and says that I'm the hole part of our relationship?"

This was absolutely not his intention, but seeing Hyukjae's sour face makes him disappointed. "I wanted to surprise you!" Donghae says with sad eyes. "Nice surprise!" Hyukjae snorts sarcastic and cross his arms. "For real, is there any dessert for me left in the kitchen or were you just playing around with me?" Now it's on Donghae to be offended. He moves back his chair from the table and grabs the tiny plate with the unwanted fruit, "You know what!? Dessert is canceled!" Hyukjae looks confuse after the furious other who storms into the kitchen.

"Hey! You were the one picking a fight!"

"JERK!" Is heard as the only word echoes from the kitchen.

 

Next day when Hyukjae leaves for work Donghae is still a bit sulky. Maybe his husband is so against avocados that he didn't get the hint. The heck, he should have thought about that first! So Donghae has to make new plans. Thankfully he's used to work from home what means he can spent the whole day with researchs and exploring the internet. Reading nonsense over nonsense, which absolutely don't fit him or Hyukjae, but is so hilarious that it gives him some good laughs. God, who needs ten times to make their husbands understands to be in a special condition?

~*~

In the evening he sets the dining table like the day before, but these time he arranges elegant wine glasses in the middle of it. One is filled with a fine red wine Hyuk will love, while the second glass is filled with pure water. In between them he puts a baby's milk bottle.

After coming home Hyukjae gives the arrangement on the table a sceptical glare. "Do you want me to feed you?" There is a chuckle in his voice and the gums are shown, but Donghae just stocks out his tongue and takes a seat, "No!"

They're eating and have a comfortable talk like always, while both avoid that stupid word fight they had the day before. Then out of the blue Hyukjae drops his cutlery, "Oh my, I'm such an idiot. Hae I'm so sorry!" Donghae's eyes turn big as he gives the other a puzzled look and follows the finger pointing at the baby bottle. Immediately Donghae feels butterflies in his stomach and becomes so excited. He was wondering if his foolish husband will need some more hints to figure out the situation or if he'll gets it on his own.

"Baby, if you want to have a daddy play tonight, why didn't you just ask me directly?"

Donghae opens his mouth and isn't able to close it. "What?"

"It's obvious. The baby bottle in the middl is a hint that you want to call me daddy at night, right? When we finish our dinner. That's why you put it in the middle of the wine glasses. Now I know and it's so crystal clear. Forgive me baby for being blind." Hyuk cleans his mouth and is about to get up.

With every word Donghae's eyes gets bigger and bigger. He's indignant. What the hell is this monkey thinking? Has this ert just this one thing in his mind? He massage his temples and snores, "You're such an idiot, Lee Hyukjae!"

"Why this?" Hyuk asks in surprise.

"I'm not in the daddy play mood"

"Not?" He sounds a bit disappointed.

"HELL NOO!" Donghae throws the napkin on his plate as Hyuk tries to smirks dirty, "Ok, but maybe I can help your mood a bit." The angry younger growls, gets up and takes his dishes, "Don't you dare to touch me tonight!"

"Ok fine. We can just cuddle if you want this..." Hyuk runs after Donghae but the latter shouts over his shoulder, "I said NOO!"

 

The next morning Donghae stands in front of their closet mirror, his lips in a pout. He didn't let Hyukjae touched him at night. This idiot! Currently his other half's standing showering while Donghae is frustrated, thinks hard how to tell the dummie what so important, but to make sure the monkey will get it. Yesterday he laughed about others stupidity and now he sighs himself. Ok, he understands that he didn't get the avocado hint but how could these fool misinterpreted the baby bottle as a request for a roleplay?

The water stops and the bathroom door opens with a humming Hyukjae. Out of impulse Donghae grabs one of the eyeliners which he smuggled out of the bathroom, lifts his shirt and writes the word Baby on his stomach. When his husband approaches him nervous younger gets a peck on his cheek and a chuckle. "Why you wrote your name on your body?" Hyuk smiles softly against the other's ear and intertwines their hands to gives his ringfinger a soft kiss. "Everybody already know that you're my baby!" As sweet as this gesture is, but Donghae snarls in frustration, pulls down his shirt, then turns and walks away. Leaving behind a puzzled looking  Hyukjae who asks himself what he has done these time.

~*~

What ever causes Donghae's bad mood Hyukjae decides to give him space to clam down. He knows trying to talk to him in that state is like playing hit the pot in a minefield. So he thinks the best he can do now is preparing his papers for work. As he enters his study the sensitive man could sence something is off. Then he rememberes that he saw Donghae loitering in his bureau after waking up. He thinks or better hopes he was fast enough to order him out of this room as he shouted after the silly younger that he should stop playing around with his office equipment. As much as he loves and appreciates each and every one of the million I-love-you post-its Donghae used to left on his desk, he hates it when his clumsy better half hangs around his workplace and 'accidentally' broke his I-pad. Laptop, printer, calculator or whatever technique equipment gets touched by this fatal hands.

Taking a closer look he sees the desaster on his desk. The sureface is covered over and over with different sizes of paper clips. Tiny ones are placed into bigger ones. What the hell is this? "Donghae!!" He shouts out of the study. "How often do I have to tell you, that my office is not a playground?!"

In the kitchen Donghae's face becomes sour as he hears his husband's angry voice. He sips on a cup of tea and tries to ignore the other's bickering hard. Focusing all his concentration to a fork in his hand and a plate in front of him with avocado pieces and sprayed cream on top of each he stabs one of the decorated fruits and shoves it directly into his mouth.

Hyukjae huffs as he enters the kitchen, "For real, you know I need my workplace neat and organized. What was this chaos for?"

"This wasn't chaos," Donghae gives back sourly, "You just aren't able to understand my system!"

"This has a system?"

Hyukjae's voice raises a bit. Donghae stabs another piece of avocado with all his anger. "By the way, what are you eating there?" The older man in office dress asks with disgust on his face and voice. "Breakfast!" The sassy younger replies offended, while munching the green fruit. Then he stabs the next piece with fiery eyes as he's watching Hyukjae.

~*~

Hyukjae thinks hard, really hard what could have caused his beloved husband's moodiness. After all Donghae was the one who  created a mess in his study and then dares to be mad at him and sulks? Because he didn't understanded the meaning of his 'system'? This gives him headaches, bad ones. So that he gets distracted at work and mistakes two important papers. Dyscalculated the amount of copies and sings the wrong contracts. He earns some worried looks from his colleagues, because this is definitely not the always accurate office man they're used to work with.

He buries his face in his hands and howls in frustration. That's it! He calls it a day and grabs a folder to look over it at home. On his way he stops at his favorite coffee shop to buy a strawberry milkshake, because he needs a sugar boost to go. Out of impulse he also takes an avocado kiwi smoothie. Maybe that will help him not to sleep on the couch tonight. 

Arriving at home Hyukjae gets welcomed by an empty apartment. Hmm, ok. But while changing his office suit into more comfortable clothing, Hyukjae hears the front door and shouts, "Hey, baby. Welcome home!"

Donghae answers with a dumbfound glare, "Huh? You're early today!" The older narrows his eyes, "Yeah! Thank you, my day was like . But I'm happy to be home now, where my lovingly husband is waiting for me with open arms. Thanks for asking!"

Donghae who tries to hide a big shopping bag the whole time hurries to peck his husband's cheek, "I'm sorry Hyukkie! But I really thought I could have done dinner ready when you're coming home. That's all. What about that, we cook dinner together and you can tell me about your horrible day. Ok? So stop sulking like a five years old, now." He pecks Hyukjae other cheek

The pounting other inhales deeply, "Who was acting like a fives years old in the morning?" He wants to start a lecture, as the bag Donghae's holding catches his eyes. "Hey, what are you hiding behind your back? Is this a logo from a toy's store?"

"Yeah, Lee Hyukjae! Back off. You're not allowed to see it now!" Donghae whines and turns around to save the shopping bag from his curious husband's pushy grip. With a shooing move of his hand he says, "Go boil some water. I'll be right there."

~*~

Whatever Donghae was hiding from his husband he's joining him in the kitchen in his best mood. Hyukjae would even dares to describe him as a little hyper. And as if he could had sense it, Donghae purrs like a kitten when Hyukjae offers him the smoothie, he bought on his way home.

"Oh Hyuk, I love it when you're attentive and mindful." The younger husband says with such an intense gaze that Hyukjae gets the feeling he already messed up something again. He hurries to give his better half a soft kiss, even though he's not sure if it's what Donghae expacts. But the smiling other seems satisfied. For the moment. 

They spend their evening cheerful with a lot laughing, while cooking together. Enjoying their meal in a happy atmosphere as they talk about their day. When dinner was over Donghae wants to cuddle on the couch and watch a movie, but Hyukjae is too tired from work that he just wants to go to bed after having a hot shower. Surprisingly Donghae is ok with it without any complainments what makes Hyukjae freezes in his track. But the other gives him such a sweet smile that he is afraid to ask why. 

~*~

After his well received shower Hyukjae makes himself comfortable in bed and waits for his husband to join him there. The younger takes a little more time as expected, but Hyuk don't has any suspension. Maybe he just brushes his teeths twice. 

As Donghae finally slips under the covers Hyukjae believes that he just wants to cuddle with him until sleep takes them over, and he would definitely be ok with it. Remembering the previous nights when his moody husband back facing him just because he sulked and was angrey without telling him why. Out of nowhere for the baffled older. But to his today's surprise Donghae's hand wanders under the fabric of his shirt to caress his skin without turn off the dim light. Soon his lips are searching for Hyukjae's neck, peck him under his ear, kissing their way down to the collarbone and the sensitive spot.

"Baby, what you're up to?" Hyukjae can't hide his surprise.

Donghae answers innocently, "Can't I just shower my husband with love?"

And Hyukjae enjoys it. He lifts the younger man up to kiss him with passion but tenderness. Their lips are soft and slow with each other that it gives Hyukjae a warm butterfly feeling in his stomach. Their hands strocking the other's arms, naps and fein strands out of their faces. As Hyukjae grabs the material of Donghae's shirt the latter tries to encourages him, "Take it off!" He whispers gently into his ear and Hyukjae don't needs to think any longer as he pulls the fabric over his husband's head, just to toss it carelessly to the floor.

But taking a closer look to his husbands well trained muscular abs Hyukjae stops in his moves and blinks. Across the tanned skin Donghae had painted something that looks like a loading bar with 20% written under it. As much he loves it having Donghae on top of his lap and watching his beautiful body in the dim light, but Hyukjae can't hold it and burst out into laughter.

"What is this? Do you start to document your digestive process?"

Donghae's chin falls and for a moment he's speachless. Then he grabs a pillow to slam it in Hyukjae's stupid laughing face. He is on the verge of suffocating him as he yells at his dumb and idiotic husband, "You're a jerk. The biggest that ever walked under the moon!"

As Hyukjae clams down and wipes away tears of joy, he turns to pull the sulking younger into a tight embrace. But Donghae's back facing him again like all the other nights before and barks, "Don't you dare to touch me!"

 

Donghae needs a few days before he feels ready to start his new offense. Again he had done several online researches for ideas how to share the great news with his dorky husband. He never thought of it being so hard when he came home with that tiny picture, that day.

But he can't believe how dumb and ignorant his other half is. He tried it in funny and creative ways but every time it ends in a desaster and him being totally frustrated, furious and sad at Hyukjae. Yeah, of cause he just could come around simply ordinary with that picture during dinner or in the morning. But it wouldn't be special anymore then. And he wants it to be special. Special like his silly husband, whom he still loves more than anything.

So he starts the new week preparing himself to work out his next ideas. Idiot proof, the internet promised.

While Hyukjae is at work Donghae pulls out the shopping bag of the hidden place. Their wardrobe. Yeah, it's the shopping bag he came home with days ago. That day he spent at the mall to get several items the online community recommended. Soon the bag was filled with different stuff to set his plan into action. Looking inside the bag now, he don't needs to think for long what he will come around with next. 

Donghae sets a cute pair of baby shoes at their front door in between a pair of dress shoes from Hyukjae and some sneakers of himself. On a paper sheet he writes a note in big letters and places it in front of the tinier pair. He looks at the neatly arrangement and smiles happily.

~*~

As Hyukjae comes home in the late evening he almost stumbles over the shoes collection at the door. Thank God he can balances himself right on time, but frowns as he takes a closer look. Do they have guests? Picking up the note he reads, COMING SOON. What the heck is this?

Hyukjae takes the note with him as he enters the living room where Donghae is watching a drama with a bowl of avocado chips in his lap. Hyukjae leans forward to peck his husbands cheek from the side. He whispers softly and waits for Donghae to turn his way, to get his attention.

"Hey baby!"

Donghae smiles at him, a glim of expectation in his eyes, "Hey Hyukkie. How was your day?"

"Fine, I think. But... I found this at the door. Tell me, will we have some guests, soon?"

Hyukjae points at the note in his hand. Donghae can't help but giggles at his husband's puzzled gaze. "Maybe..." He answeres vague but with a warm smile. Hyuk just chuckles then, "But baby, you know before that you have to clean up the kitchen, right."

Donghae's face freezes in no time. Hyukjae gulps and feels immediately that something is off, because Donghae looks hurt and like he's ready to throw the bowl after him.

"Baby, this was a joke, ok?"

"Do I look ok?"

"Ehm... I love you?"

A poor attempt of Hyukjae to clam his other half down before fleeing to his bureau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter