Final

Let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“…and it’s a good thing to learn in life,” She slowly muttered, staring at the vast ocean in front, “Let go.”


It doesn’t matter how hard it would be, how painful it would make her feel because she have to, she needs to. No, not for her own happiness…but for that someone who is much more important to her than anything else. Her person.


“But it would hurt you.” The other person says, looking at her with pity…and something else. 


She softly nodded, “It would,” She agreed. Well, who wouldn’t get hurt? Of course, it would hurt. God, it’s hurting her now.


But then, maybe, maybe this is the right thing to do, to feel.


“Will you be okay though?” Her concern friend asked once more, “Everyone would be there and you’ll be left here all alone.”


She turns to her side and looked at her friend, not quite appreciating the emotions basking in those brown orbs of the other. She hates seeing it, she loathe how it makes her feel. 


But instead of saying that she doesn’t need those pitiful gazes, she nodded, “It would give me time to think and,” She gulped, “To bask in this pain.” 


She felt her eyes stinging and tears forming at the corner of her eyes but it’s supposed to be like this. It is supposed to make her cry, break her, hurt her.


“Eunbi,”


She sighed, hearing the sadness lacing the shaking voice of her friend, “I will be okay,” She mumbled, but it sounded like she’s convincing herself more, “I will be.”


Hyewon couldn’t do anything but let out a nod because she knows how hard headed the other lass is. So she just sighed as they let the sound of the crashing waves fill their silence.


It’s been a few minutes of silence between the two of them when the shorter lass sat at the shore, pulling her knees closer to her chest.


She’s not supposed to be this weak.


She shouldn’t be alone.


She should be hugging her person.

 

Hyewon couldn’t help but let a lone tear escape from her eye. She can’t stand seeing her friend be this fragile. Eunbi is supposed to be the stronger one between them but why…why is she looking like a vulnerable little girl? 


Because she lost the only person who loved her without any inhibitions.


She lost the only person who loved her all.


Because she lost the only person who made her feel complete.


The only person who she made her universe.


She lost the love of her life.


She lost Chaeyeon.

 

Hyewon knelt down before pulling the sobbing lass for a hug, rubbing the trembling one as she tries to comfort Eunbi. It breaks her heart seeing her friend like this, seeing her so broken.


“It will be okay, Eunbi.” She whispered softly, trying to at least lessen the pain but what is she thinking. Nothing can lessen the pain that Eunbi is feeling, “Everything will be okay.”


Eunbi let out a heart breaking sob, “I-I was about to tell her how much I-I love her… I was about to tell her how much she means to me… God, I was about to say yes,” Eunbi cried out, “I was supposed to marry her, Hyewon. We were supposed to spend our lives together, but w-why?” 


“Sorry, I’m sorry, Eunbi.”


“She told me she’s gonna be home! She e-even asked me to wait for her! Damn it!” Eunbi lost all her strength as she let herself be jailed in Hyewon’s warmth, “I did… I did wait for her…”


Hyewon cannot say anything but tightens her hug against the sobbing Eunbi. She cannot do anything to lessen the pain Eunbi is feeling. 


Unknown to them, three pairs of eyes are watching them not far from where they are. The other three cannot help but feel sad at what they are witnessing. 


“What should we do?” The eldest of the three asked, still staring at the crying pair in the shore.


The youngest sighed, “Only Chaeyeon can comfort her…” 


“B-But she’s gone…” 


“Minjoo, can you call Chaeryeong?” The cherry blossom asked before shifting her gaze towards the youngest, “Tell her to come here.”


“What are you thinking, Sakura?” 


“Eunbi… She needs to accept the truth, Yena.” Sakura sighed before glancing at their friends, “It’s been a year already. Chaeyeon won’t be happy seeing us like this.”

 

It didn’t take that long for the younger Lee to come to them. Minjoo explained it already as they walk towards the beach where her sister’s friends

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter