Crush

Coffee for two

San had always loved the smell of coffee. He wasn't sure why but there was something comforting about the smell of coffee. Maybe that was why he ended up working in coffee shop.He put on his apron, getting coffeefy ready for opening. It was way too early in the morning, but he was used to it since he was usually the one opening the coffee shop. He thought it would be a waste of time to spend so much time sleeping when you could be productive. That's why he didn't mind opening the shop every day. He cleaned the counter, filling up the cans of coffee and sugar waiting for Jackson to come and start baking the pastries. In the meantime, he played some music while organizing the shop, singing softly. That was until the door being slammed open. 

"Yo! What's up?"

San lifted his head to see Jackson standing in the entrance with his black hoodie and a big smile. 

"You're late J, you need to start baking I have to open the shop in like twenty minutes."

"Alright, sorry I just slept in a little." Jackson said, the smile never fading from his face. 

"It's okay, but we really need to get going." San smiled revealing two dimples. 

"How about you'll come help me in the kitchen? Ravn will be here any moment anyway." he said going to the kitchen. 

San shrugged and followed him. He loved baking, and would help whenever he could. Jackson knew it, so he often offered him to join him in the kitchen. After ten more minutes passed, they heard the door open again, the bell on top of it ringing. 

"Hey guys, I'm so tired I swear I was up way too late last night." Ravn said coming into the kitchen after changing and putting on his apron. 

"I'm gonna guess that it's not because you studied." San said chuckling. 

"Bro I was close to winning that game if it weren't for this guy that came out of nowhere and blew it off." he huffed while ruffling his hair. 

San and Jackson laughed again shaking their heads, when San glanced at the clock. 

"Okay we have to open the shop, Ravn let's go hwa will be here any minute now and he hates when we leave the counter." he washed his hands dusting off his clothes from the flour.

He knew that by now he probably smelled like sugar and strawberries thanks to the baking and the thought made him smile. 

Ravn nodded and they both left Jackson in the kitchen to continue the baking. As soon as they made it to the counter the door opened, revealing a smiling Seonghwa. 

"Morning everyone, I see Ravn stayed up too late again." he said as soon as he took one look at Ravn. 

"How do you do that eveytime? I'm starting to think that you actually have some kind of superpower." 

"It's written all over your face Ravn. You look like you haven't slept in two days." Seonghwa chuckled, going to put his things in the room that was at the back of the shop. 

San laughed, going to the door and flipping the open sign. Before he made it back to the counter, the door opened and people started swarming in. Coffeefy was a very popular coffee shop, since the coffee was amazing and the pastries mouth watering. The shop itself was extremely beautiful and inviting, there were flowers at every table the windows were floor to ceiling and so the shop was always filled with sunlight. And when it rained it was an incredible experience to sit at the cafe. At night coffeefy was the perfect place for a peaceful date. At the night the fairy lights that were scattered on the windows were lit as soft music was playing in the background and the whole place would get romantic and intimate. 

The rush hour was between seven to eight thirty, since all the business men and women and students came to have their morning coffee. After that, the coffee shop would still be filled with people, but it won't be as stressful as that time. When it was rush hour, Seonghwa would help them as well. But other than that he would simply sit down watching them work and when there were less customers, he would talk and laugh with them. He would leave the coffee shop, leaving San in charge of the cafe, to buy things they needed and would usually return with lunch for everyone. So everything was very peaceful in the cafe. Well other than the rush hour. 

 

"Thank you for buying, we hope you'll come again." San said smiling as the last businessman left. 

"I'd rather that he wouldn't come again. He's so rude I swear." Ravn said rolling his eyes. 

"I know, he made me make his coffee three times before it was 'for his liking," San imitated him. "Rude person." 

"I thought you're supposed to be the nice guy, smiley and all." Ravn laughed. 

"Well I can get annoyed too, thank you very much." he smacked the back of Ravn's hair. 

"Ouch, yo-" 

"I'm telling you she did it on purpose, she just doesn't like me." they heard a familiar voice. 

Looking in the direction of the door, San spotted him. It was the same guy that came every morning around the same time. He was with his friend again, wearing a white T-shirt with the words "so what?", black jeans and white sneakers. San felt Ravn poke him with his elbow, wiggling his eyebrows when San looked his way. Which, of course, earned him another smack on his head. He watched as they came closer to the counter, still in deep conversation. 

"Why would she do that on purpose Woo? Or more accurately, HOW could she lock you in your room? She's a cat." 

"I don't know okay? But we were the only ones there, so who else could have locked me in my room? I'm telling you it's because of that time that I refused to let her sleep on my hands while I was writing that essay."

"Oh I don't know, how about your roommate for example? The one who lives with you?" his friend looked at him incredulously. 

"But he wasn't there this morning." 

"Or, he was there, but you were too focused on getting ready cause you're always late, and didn't notice him."

"How could I not see a whole person in my tiny dorm?" he raised his brows at him in question. 

"Simply, you're dumb."

As the cute boy smacked his friend for that, San cleared his throat drawing their attention. 

"Morning, I see you're as lively as ever." he smiled at the cute boy. 

"Ya, don't make fun of me." the cute boy, Woo, whined. 

"It's really hard not to, you're literally making it impossible." his friend said, making Wood pout. 

"I'm just joking." San smiled. "Would you like your usual?" he asked.

"Yeah, but we'll have it to go since we're late." Woo said smiling. 

"I wonder who's fault is that." his friend mumbled. 

"Hush you were late as well, stop blaming me all the time."

"Alright, so I'm gonna need your names so I'll be able to write them on the cup so your drinks won't get mixed up." 

"Oh right, I'm Wooyoung but you can just write Woo, and this is Yeosang." he pointed at his friend.

"Woo and Yeosang, alright your drinks will be coming right up." he smiled earning a smile from Wooyoung in return. 

Turning around he started making Wooyoung's vanilla coffee while Ravn made Yeosang's ice Americano. While he was making the coffee, San could sense that someone was staring at him. Turning around, his eyes met Wooyoung's making the latter blush and look away. 'Cute' San thought and finished making the coffee. He put the coffee on the counter, while Ravn put the other one, and added two chocolate chip muffins. 

"There you go." he said smiling at them. 

"Um, we didn't order the muffins." Wooyoung said.

"I know, the muffins are on the house." smiling he told them how much they should pay. 

"Thank you um," Wooyoung looked for his name pin. "San, thank you for the muffins." he smiled shyly while Yeosang paid for their coffee. 

"Of course, have a lovely day, I hope we'll see you again." his smile grew bigger, eyes turning into crescents and dimples on full display. 

"O-oh well we do come here everyday, so I, uh, suppose that you'll see us tomorrow. Um bye bye." Wooyoung stuttered waving them goodbye. 

"Bye bye." San waved back, watching them leave the cafe.

"Bro, why haven't you asked him out yet?" Ravn smirked. 

"What? Why would I do that?" 

"Cause you're very clearly into each other? Isn't that a good reason enough?"

"You don't know if he's into me or not." San said cleaning the counter. 

"Oh please how could you not see it? The puppy eyes, the way he blushes when you make eye contact?" Ravn rolled his eyes. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"He's been coming here over a month now, everyday just to see you. The least you can do is ask for his number. Especially since you're into his as well." 

"I-" San started saying, but the ring of the bell and a customer coming in cut him short. 

Was he really missing something here? 


 

"You are the most awkward person I've ever seen in my life. And that's a lot coming from me." Yeosang said as soon as they left the cafe. 

"Whaaat? No I'm not awkward at all." he laughed weirdly. 

"That reaction was awkward as well. And please don't laugh like that again, it sounds like you're choking." 

"Fine so I'm a little awkward, so what?" Wooyoung pouted.

"Well other than the fact that you make us come here everyday to see this cute Batista you are crushing on so you can embarrass yourself a little more?"

"And what about it? You like coffee, I like coffee so what's the problem?" said Wooyoung, not even trying to deny that fact that he was crushing on the cute Batista. 

"That this coffee shop is not even on our way to the university. We have to wake up extra early to come here, only for you to drool over the tall handsome Batista. And don't even try denying it."

"I'm not drooling over anyone, I just think he's handsome and cute and kind and maybe funny too and he also smells like baking. I don't know how to explain it, but he just does. Oh and the was the apron makes him look it's just… Wow."

"And you say you're not drooling over him. I think you're his biggest fanboy." Yeosang chuckled. 

"That's one of the reasons why I have no actual shot with him. He has so many girls and boys coming to see him all the time, I'm sure he doesn't even remember me." he was pouting feeling a little sad. 

Yeosang was quiet for a few moments, he then hit Wooyoung on the head making him yelp. 

"What the flying fu-"

"Are you dumb or what?! He is so into you!"

"What?"

"Yes!  He remembers you and he remembers what you order. On top of that he literally talked to you today and gave us two free muffins. Who does that?"

"The nice hot Batista at Coffeefy." Wooyoung answered sheepishly. 

"Wow, and I wondered if you could possibly get any dumber. Looks like I have an answer now."

"Why are you being mean to me?" Wooyoung whined. 

"Because you're being oblivious  and dense. I say you should ask him out." Yeosang said with a teasing tone. 

"What?? Absolutely no. He would reject me for sure."

By that time they had reached their university going into the dance studio a few minutes before the dance teacher got there. They had no idea how it was possible that they were not late, but they just put their bags in the corner of the room and started stretching and prepare for the lesson. 

"How about we'll have a bet, if I win you have to ask him out."

"And if you lose you have to ask out the kid from the music department, the singer, Jongho"

"Ugh fine, then it's a deal." They shook hands sealing the deal. 

"Good now what are we gonna bet about?" Wooyoung asked. 

"We have a competition soon, I bet that you'll be chosen to choreograph and lead it." Yeosang smirked. 

"What? Why would I be chosen? I'm a newbie and there are much more talented dancers here." Wooyoung protested. 

"So you wanna bet?"

"Yes, because I know you're gonna lose." Wooyoung said as the teacher came in. 

"Morning everyone, I hope you stretched and are ready for the lesson. But before that, as you all know, we have a competition in a month. And I have decided who will choreograph and be the lead dancer. As you all know those positions come together. So the lead dancer will be, drum rolls please." everyone made the sound of drum rolls on the floor while the dance teacher, Mr Park, took his time to tease them. 

"Give it up for your choreographer, Jung Wooyoung!" he announced. 

The class clapped their hands, going to tap on his shoulder and congratulate him for being chosen. All the while, Wooyoung was standing frozen, not sure that he just heard right. Did Mr Park just announced him as the main dancer? That didn't sound right. But looking around the room, he realized that he really is the lead dancer for the competition. 

"O-oh thank you, I hope I won't let you down." he said bowing slightly.

"You'll be great, and if you want assistance from me or any of your classmates, you may ask and it will be given to you, alright? You're not alone in this." he smiled a reassuringly making Wooyoung smile as well. 

"Yes of course, thank you sir."

"Now let's start with today's lesson. Wooyoung after class come to me and I'll give you the keys to the dance studio alright? That way you could practice peacefully." 

Wooyoung nodded taking his place next to Yeosang who smirked at him. 

"Looks like you're gonna ask that hot Batista of yours." he wiggled his eyebrows at Wooyoung. 

"" was all Wooyoung said before the music started playing and Mr Park's voice was heard counting the steps. 

He was absolutely panicking. What was he gonna do? 

 

To be continued….