That The Lion Adores

The Endearing Puppy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I awoke to the warm rays of the morning sun shining past the gaps of the curtain onto my face, mildly annoyed as I had wanted to stay asleep longer. I yawn, stretching myself lightly before sinking back lazily into my pillow. A small movement next to me makes me turn my head to the side, a tender smile gracing my face as I gaze upon my girlfriend. 

 

Wheein snuggles closer to me as she continues to sleep. I gently brush away the stray hairs from her face, admiring her quietly. Unable to resist, I began to pepper her face lightly with kisses, my small puppy beginning to emit whines as she slowly roused from her sleep from my disturbance. I giggle when she strikes out with a weak punch towards my shoulder, a pout forming on her face.

 

“Good morning my angel.” I whisper, giving the grumpy girl a kiss on her lips. 

 

“You’re lucky I love you.” 

 

“Hey now! I woke you up with kisses! Would you rather I push you off the bed?” I retort jokingly. I got a small glare in response that was barely menacing at all. Wheein then sighs and cuddles into my arms which I gladly accept as I hold her tight against my body. A comfortable silence falls over as I thread my fingers through Wheein’s soft hair, Wheein seemingly dozing off again with her eyes closed and even breathing. 

 

It was not until I felt a small tug on my sleeve and looked down to see her gazing up at me with longing as if she wanted to ask me something but was uncertain if she should. 

 

“What is it?” 

 

“Ahh...nothing..” She replies and I raise my eyebrow at that. I have a small hunch I knew what she was going to ask me but I say nothing for now. It was something she had pinned over for the past months now, pleading and acting cutely towards me to get me to give into her wishes. I always managed to divert the topic away and she would stop pursuing it for the time being, albeit sulkily and reluctantly. 

 

But in truth, I was just waiting for the right moment. 

 

I give her a kiss on the forehead and disentangle ourselves, pushing myself to sit up on the bed. Wheein stares at me questioningly with a pout as I get up, flashing her a smile. 

 

“Let’s go on a date.” 

 

Wheein bounds up immediately with excitement. 






 

Outside our apartment, we are dressed casually. Wheein was in that adorable oversized hoodie of hers, her small hands disappearing into the long droopy sleeves. I was wearing a sleeveless top paired with long jeans, my long hair flowing in the breeze that blows by. Wheein laughs and says my hair looks like a lion’s mane. I sport a playful grin and bite her on the shoulder, earning myself a yelp and a few punches. 

 

We walk together, stopping by a small cafe for breakfast before strolling leisurely along at the park. The park was, as always, filled with dogs of all breeds and sizes. I watch as Wheein goes from one dog to another, asking owners for permission to pet the fluffy balls of energy. I stay and watch from the back, taking my phone out to snap a photo of the dogs interacting with my own puppy. Wheein skips back to me after a while, cheery and happy. 

 

“Did you see all the cute dogs!! Ugh they’re all so adorable I want them all!” She squeals as we continue our walk.

 

“You’re the cutest puppy here.” 

 

“Yah!” Wheein, blushing red, shoves me in embarrassment. I laugh in amusement, cooing as I hug and press a kiss to her cheek. She says nothing else but I can see the way the corners of quirk up slightly. 








 

We have been walking around the area on our little date a little while into the afternoon when Wheein spots the store and begs with me to take a look around. She pouts and puts on her puppy eyes, laughing and dragging me excitedly towards the store when I say yes. I could never resist those sweet eyes. But even without the puppy eyes I would have said yes regardless in a heartbeat. 

 

Besides, this was my planned destination anyway. 

 

 I smile as I watch her bustle around the store, she was exactly like a kid in a candy store. Small, sweet, adorable and mos

Please log in to read the full chapter