Part 1

Falling Snow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a consistent skin blistering winter here. No matter how many times it happens, it's always here in this forever winter.

 

In the distance a solem city looms over this field covered in a freezing powder of white. It looked like the shadow of a demonic god prowling deep within the unbearable darkness. The skyscrapers acting as the beast's limbs, ready to swallow anyone who drew near.

 

Every time he's here, it's for the same gruesome thing: murder.

 

This eternity lasting snowfall is only meant for one thing, and that thing is to kill- or more like… To forsee a murder.

 

Sehun doesn't kill. 

 

Though, he does visualize the horrific scene as if it was his own hands committing the crime himself.

 

He's been having these nightmares for years, ever since he had the first one when he was little, around the age of seven or eight. Every time these nightmares occur, the person he mercilessly murders is different every single time. It's always a new person he's never even seen in his entire life.

 

At first he thought it was something his imagination spurred up from some television show or movie, but one day after one of these traumatic dreams, he noticed something strange on the news while he was eating breakfast on the couch before he had to get ready to go to school.

 

The news reporter was in front of a tiny convenience store. It's windows were shattered, and the glass was splayed all over the concrete sidewalk and on the tile floors inside the small shop.

 

She was briefly talking about a murder from the night before: a man was brutally stabbed in his chest thirty-four times, and a few others were shot dead by a gun. The professional woman holding the foam covered mic explained the authorities caught the man in trail, and are currently investigating this sudden attack.

 

Sehun's eyes grew wide in shock once he saw the stabbed man's face. He instantly recognized him from his nightmare from the previous night. 

 

He quickly put his cereal bowl on the floor and ran to the television to get a closer look. No doubt that was the same exact man he murdered in his brooding dream last night. The man even had the exact same wounds from where he penetrated him with the pocket knife.

 

Sehun couldn't believe his eyes. Thoughts swirled like a catastrophic tornado, bashing against his brain in a problematic distress.

 

The only thing Sehun could think of was that it was his fault. He blamed himself for killing that man, even though he wasn't the one who even laid a finger on him. Including the fact that he's never seen that man in his entire life.

 

But he still blamed himself, he crushed his own self worth, knowing he couldn't do anything to stop that event from happening. He knew he'd only hurt himself if he tried to get involved.

 

At one point he convinced himself that he was the one that stabbed that man and murdered all those people in his visions before, and that he hurt them through his dreams.

 

So he made it his goal to stay up, no matter how many hours of sleep he lost, he engraved in his brain that as long as he was awake no one would get hurt. Around his eyes were a deep purple, they looked like they sunk into his skull from the lack of sleep, his hair was a mess and stuck out in all directions, and his clothes were lazily thrown on without a care.

 

His parents showed great concern for the small boy, never seeing their son with such a sullen and dead look.

 

They asked him multiple times if he was okay, and if there was something going on, but Sehun only replied with something along the lines of 'Don't worry about me, I'm fine. School is just tiring'.

 

His parents didn't believe him for a second, but they left it be, knowing Sehun would only continue to refuse to tell them what was wrong.

 

Sehun lost almost a full week of rest, trying with all his power to keep his eyes from drooping shut. He knew these habits were extremely unhealthy, but he thought as long as no one is getting hurt, he was fine with pulling all nighters continuously.  It went on like this until nearly the end of the week, he was in class on a Friday afternoon. He was sitting in his assigned seat as he watched his teacher lecture about health and the human body.

 

Sehun's head had been pounding all morning since the moment he 'woke up' from his restless night. He winced in pain as his headache only grew more excruciatingly painful, slamming in the back of his head like a sledgehammer to a grainy brick wall. 

 

Even with the amount of energy drinks he chugged that morning he still couldn't seem to stay awake. 

 

He let his eyes close for a second as the teacher continued to go on about his lecture, "Sleep is very important for young minds like you. You can't afford to lose sleep, and if you do it can cau…"

 

It's Cold. A blistering winter. At all sides of him there was white freezing powder covering an endless field, and in the distance the gruesome city of black shadows loomed over, as if it were watching his every move.

 

Sehun knew where he was. But he didn't know how. He could still hear his teacher's rambling lesson, so he knew he was awake, but he wasn't. He realized he was daydreaming.

 

'How is this happening?! I'm not even asleep?!' Sehun thought as panic surged through his body.

 

He watched himself lift a gun- a black coated Beretta 92, pointing at a middle aged woman on her knees and cowering in fear. She had dirt smudged all over her tear stained face. He could see the helpless look in her eyes as she cried out for mercy. She shielded her face as she shrieked loudly, an attempted cry for help.

 

Sehun focused on his hands that gripped the handle tightly. He watched himself shove the gun in her face, hearing incoherent mumbling coming from himself- but it wasn't his voice. He sounded like a drunkard who had a bit too much, his voice was hoarse and gravelly like sandpaper to his ears- it was absolutely awful.

 

He knew now, that wasn't himself. That was someone else. He was just seeing this gruesome merciless murder through whoever was actually doing the crime.

 

This was when Sehun realized he was a foreseer. He could see the future to other's inevitable death through the murderer's eyes. 

 

This is also when he realized he had an opportunity to save lives. He could do what no one could. It was as if he were gifted this ability to become a hero.

 

Sehun abruptly stood up from his chair, snapping out of his vision, and seemingly wide awake now.

 

His fellow students and teacher stared at him in confusion. A few of his peers snickered and mumbled unaudiable mockings between each other.

 

Sehun didn't mind though. He had someone to save.

 

"I-I gotta go.. Family emergency.." Sehun tried to reason with the teacher, and flinging his backpack on and ran out of the school before his teacher could even respond to him.

 

Sehun tried to recall the vision to get any clues where the victim and the mystery murder was. He remembered the middle aged woman had twigs and bramble tangled in her black locks and dirt smudged her face and professional uniform.

 

The only thing he could think of at that instant was: a forest.

 

There was only one forest in this city, because construction workers practically deforested the whole city, but city regulations stated the bustling home of skyscrapers and air polluting cars had to have at least some sort of preservative for wildlife.

 

Thankfully, the city forest was only a few miles away, or he'd never get there in time.

 

Sehun ran as fast as his long legs would take him. He heaved deep breaths of air and continued to push forward.

 

He could hear his rapid heart beat pounding in his ears, like a drum slamming repeatedly. His throat clenched, thirst for water itching at his desert dry throat. He needed water, but he was so tired this morning he forgot to grab his water bottle, so now he has no choice other than continuing on.

 

Sehun was no longer sleep deprived, a surging energy running through him, driven by fear and adrenaline.

 

His feet felt heavy and his legs burned like they were being scorched by fire as his feet slammed on the ground heavily.

 

Upon arriving at the entrance to a hikers path, Sehun stopped, heaving deep breaths of air to recoil his energy. 

 

It then suddenly dawned on him: first, the forest was huge and there were endless possibilities where this sudden attack may be- and this might not even be the place to find them. Second, he had nothing to protect himself or anything that could really help save anyone. He realized it was useless.. He was useless.

 

But he knew one thing's for sure. He had to at least do something- anything.

 

...Long story short, he didn't make it in time- actually his timing was totally off. After so much searching through the thick huddled forest, he decided to helplessly give up and go home, as it was 7:00 at night and it was too late to go back to school.

 

His parents interrogated him for a handful of minutes, asking questions like 'where the hell were you', 'why'd you leave school', and 'what were you doing'. He answered them simply and lied, "I went to the arcade with some friends and lost track of time, sorry.."

 

Sehun knew his parents wouldn't believe him about his ability, so he decided to keep it to himself. 

 

His parents scolded him, telling him he needed to think of his future and stop slacking off or he'll end up like one of the dropouts on the streets. Then after lecturing him for so long, they decided to send him to his room as some sort of punishment.

 

Sehun defeatedly climbed the stairs to get to his small lonely room.

 

In Sehun's room there was a small cluttered desk pushed up against the wall with several photos of him and his best friend, Jongin, pinned on the wall. He had a few video game posters around his room. His walls were a solid sky blue and his floor was a nasty shaggy grey carpet. His dresser was near the entrance and on top was a small television set.

 

Walking over to his small twin sized bed that was pushed back into the corner of the room, Sehun flung himself onto his sheets covered mattress and let out an exasperated sigh.

 

"Was I wrong?..." He thought to himself out loud in frustration. He spent hours searching that damn forest for that poor woman with no luck. He was so mad he wasn't successful in finding her.

 

Sehun dragged his palms down his face with yet another sigh passing his lips, "Was it.. all in my head?" He asked out loud really to no one.

 

He sat up in his bed, turning his t.v. on to the news channel and immediately saw the red pop up Breaking News.

 

Sehun stiffened and watched the screen intently, an intense look in his eyes. He knew what this could be, and he was more than frightened to find out the truth.

 

"In the local forest a few miles from the public school where a thousand or so kids study, approximately one hour ago a middle aged business woman was brutally murdered by an assumed gunsman. She had several injuries excluding the gun wounds such as: bruises, cuts, and extreme swelling in certain areas which can only be assumed to be the aftermath of a suddenly broken bone.. Authorities have yet to find the mysterious murderer, so please keep your eyes open for any potential threats" the woman on the screen informed with a serious dead stare as she gazed into the camera, before the screen went black again after Sehun quickly shut it off.

 

Sehun gasped in shock as everything sunk in, like an anchor in water, "B-but.. Was… That was right after I left?!"

 

He pulled his knees to his chest, tears pricked his eyes in anger. He knew there was nothing he could do, he was too late.

 

"If only I stayed longer!" Sehun growled at himself, ashamed he couldn't do anything.

 

Days, months, and even years went by. Sehun dedicated his time trying to save those he saw from his vision. Using the little information he had from the victim's condition, he tried with all his power to save lives. But sadly.. He was always either too late, too early, or even in the wrong place. Which means he never had the chance to really save anything, and it made him feel awful inside because no matter how hard he tried they'd always slip through his finger like grains of sand.

 

After trying to save helpless cases for so long, Sehun finally decided to give up. Even though he knew the visions would never cease, he gave up on attempting to be the hero and saving people. He knew it was fruitless attempts anyways, so why try so hard? 'They were bound to die anyways' Sehun always told himself.

 

Now he's a college student. He's currently studying to be a Psychologist, wanting to help people understand the human mind- including himself. He wants to understand his personal feelings about certain things, and what may be the cause of these horrible visions that seem to be unexplainable.

 

It's now his least favorite season as well.. Winter. He understood he should be joyful because it was the holidays after all, but his visions were always based in a blistering winter setting and it has scarred him internally, he can't help it.

 

Sehun sighed depressingly as he read his overly thick Psychology textbook with heavy eyes. He had been in the public library studying for an exam for several hours non stop, only had water and a few snacks to occupy his empty stomach from hunger or dehydration.

 

Shutting his textbook with a loud thump, Sehun stood up from his seat, gathering all his scattered belongings on the table and shoved it into his black backpack quickly.

 

He swung his bag strap on his shoulder and walked out of the large building. He lifted his arm to check the watch strapped on his wrist. It was now 6:27 p.m., and since it was the midst of winter it looked like it was late at night already.

 

Thankfully, the dorms he was staying in weren't too far away from the library, so it was a quick walk back. When he unlocked the door to his shared dorm room his roommate was already there on his bed with several textbooks open and papers were splayed everywhere.

 

"Oh! You're back," the sun kissed man on the bed jumped, surprised to see his roommate, "sorry about the mess by the way."

 

Sehun shrugged his shoulders and threw his bag next to his bed, flopping onto his mattress and made a fwump sound, "Ya, it was getting late. How's your studying going, Jongin?"

 

Jongin bitterly laughed and he furrowed his brows in a frustrated expression, "Not even close to being done. I have so much to review before that damn exam, it's even not funny."

 

Humming, Sehun sat up and leaned against the wall. He closed his eyes, sighing tiredly. He was exhausted from all those hours in the library studying. He was there from early in the morning since it was the weekend and he didn't have any classes.

 

"Did you get a lot done?" Jongin asked as he began cleaning his mess surrounding him.

 

Sehun shrugged again, opening his eyes slightly to look at his roommate, "Honestly.. Not really. I was so hungry it was hard to focus on anything."

 

"Why didn't you eat- or at least bring snacks or something?" Jongin asked.

 

Sehun stood up and began changing into a pair of sweats and a plain black tshirt, "I did bring snacks, but when I eat I get tired, so it's a pain in the to eat and when I don't. Both don’t really help."

 

Taking a sharp breath, Jongin smiled and chuckled out, "Yikes.."

 

As Sehun crawled under his sheets he let out a loud yawn before calling to his roommate, "I'm gonna head to bed."

 

"Okay, sleep well." Jongin replied.

 

"Yep" Sehun retorted lazily, rolling over on his side to face the wall.

 

Sehun fell asleep almost instantly, sinking into a deep sleep once his face was buried in his plush pillow.

 

His sleep was almost peaceful, no problems occurring, no nightmares. Key word: almost.

 

After a few hours or so, the familiar settings of falling snow began to vividly materialize into the traumatizing image that always seems to terrorize, him even when he was awake. 

 

He opened his eyes, taking in the brooding sight around him. Not finding the victim standing up, Sehun assumed the person was on the ground being threatened as death was nearing the edge.

 

Sehun mentally sighed, glancing down at the poor man with bloody bruises all over his beautiful face. The man was probably in his early twenties, he looked to be about Sehun's age. He had soft light cotton candy pink hair that shaped his face perfectly, that was tousled with random pieces sticking up from being manhandled. His eyes were a pretty chestnut brown and drooped a little bit. He had these adorable pink pouty lips and above the right side of his lip was a small mole, making him look more appealing.  

 

The man almost looked like an adorable lost puppy. An adorable lost puppy Sehun was about to see brutally murdered through this horrible criminal's eyes… Which was another great disadvantage about these visions: he couldn't actually see the person committing the crime, only being able to see through their eyes, and very rarely being able to hear fragments of their voices.

 

The small man had streams pouring down his face as he cried helplessly and used his hands to support himself while he sat on his dirty knees, obviously in excruciating pain. He chanted a chain of no's, which only hurt Sehun even more. These visions always affected him, even if he tried desperately not to let it sink in and crush his self worth even more, he couldn’t stop anything from screwing with his mental health.

 

'If only I could actually save him…' Sehun thought gloomily. It's worse that he can't blink or close his eyes because he was not in control.

 

Sehun watched the small man as he held up his hands to protect himself from an inevitable punch. Sehun grabbed the man roughly and flipped him around. He used his hand to pull the small man's chin upward and pressed the blade he had in hand against the man's seemingly adam-appleless throat.

 

He heard the soon-to-be murderer's deep voice threaten, "Shut up, it's your own fault."

 

The small fragile man whimpered pathetically once the man tightened his grip, pressing the sharpened blade harder on his soft flesh.

 

Laughing, the man mocked the weak boy in his grasp, "Oh, Baekhyun… Why'd you have to snitch on me? Did you think I wouldn't get out of prison?"

 

The man jerked Baekhyun's head back harshly and barked again, "I asked you a question, answer me you damn pig!"

 

Baekhyun cried out in pain as the man pulled his head further up, "S-STOP!"

 

"Tell me!" The man shouted, his voice laced with morbid intentions.

 

"P-please," Baekhyun begged as he choked brokenly on his sobs, "you don't have to do this, Chanyeol.."

 

Chanyeol bitterly chuckled, "Yes.. Yes I do. You know I have to, especially after you ratted me out to the police about that whole ordeal you yourself were included in. There are repercussions to your actions Baekhyun, so this is only the consequence you should've expec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter