Can We Be Like That? (2Kim)

Thoughts of the Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ Little Mix (ft. Jason Derulo) - Secret Love Song


 

“Sometimes the words we leave unspoken are the most important ones that should have been said.”

- Unknown


 

“Why did you ask me to walk home with you?” Chaewon asked. 

 

“No particular reason. You’re graduating soon and I won’t be able to walk home with you or hangout anymore so I wanted to for old time sake. Plus, you’ve been busy so I haven’t gotten the chance to see you lately. I’ve missed you.” Minjoo replied.

 

“Yea, sorry. Preparations for graduation have been pretty hectic. But it’s not like you won’t have someone to walk home or hangout with after I graduate. You’ll have Yujin. Speaking of which, where is she?”

 

“She’s busy with her club activities, and besides, it’s just different. You’re my best friend, and... she’s my girlfriend.” 

 

The two didn’t speak for the rest of the way home. After arriving at the front gates to Minjoo’s house, there was an awkward silent moment between the two. At least until Minjoo finally spoke up. 

 

“Do you have a date to the dance yet?” Minjoo asked, avoiding Chaewon’s eyes. 

 

Chaewon sighed for the nth time as she has been bombarded with this question for the past few days. 

 

“No. I thought I told you already. I’m not planning on going.” Chaewon replied, annoyed. 

 

“Aww come on!” Minjoo whined with a pout. 

 

“It’s your last year, you can’t miss the last dance of your high school life. If getting a date is the problem, you can just come with me and Yudingz.”

 

“That’s not the issue. Plus, I don’t want to be the third wheel between you two.” 

 

“Don’t say that! You know we don’t feel that way with you. You’re our friend. It’ll be like just a group of friends going to a dance together. Come on unnie!”

 

Minjoo continued to whine. Almost to the point of throwing a tantrum. The older girl could not ignore her best friend anymore. 

 

“Fine! I’ll go so will you stop whining and tugging at me. If Yujinnie saw you like this, she’s gonna scold ME for YOUR actions.” Chaewon said as she finally got Minjoo off her. 

 

“Whatever, you’re my best friend. It’s not like I’m doing something scandalous or anything. Yudingz knows that.” Minjoo replied with a bright smile. 

 

Yea, but still…

 

Chaewon thought to herself as she looked down at her feet. There was another bout of silence.

 

“Promise me unnie.” Minjoo suddenly said as she held out her pinky finger. 

 

“You can’t ditch me.” She added.

 

Chaewon looked at the outstretched pinky for a moment before wrapping her pinky around it. 

 

“I promise.” Chaewon said, defeatingly. 

 

“Yay! I love you unnie!” Minjoo cheered with her crescent shaped eye smile. 

 

“Yea, yea. I’ll see you tomorrow Minguri.” Chaewon sighed as she went on her way, waving back to the happy girl behind her. 

 

•~•

 

“You look great, stop messing with your hair.” Minjoo said as she tried to reassure the worried Chaewon. 

 

Chaewon has been fidgeting around for the past half hour while they were waiting for Yujin to pick them up from Minjoo’s house. 

 

“The more you fidget with it, the more you’re going to mess up my hard work.” Minjoo repeated as she grabbed Chaewon’s hand and held it to prevent her from causing anymore harm. Before long, Yujin arrived. Minjoo opened the door and greeted the awe struck younger girl..

 

“You look absolutely stunning babe!” Yujin said as she rushed in and hugged Minjoo tightly. 

 

“I told you blue would look great on you.” She added. 

 

“On us.” Minjoo replied as she broke from the embrace with a shy smile.

 

Yujin broke from the gaze with Minjoo and looked over in Chaewon’s direction, beaming  her a big smile too. 

 

“You look great, too unnie. That mint colored dre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter