Chapter 1

Cage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi POV

“Please don’t leave me. Tell me what I have to do for you to stay. Is it really too late for you to come back to me?” I chocked out in between my sobs.

“I’m sorry, you and I both know that there’s no longer a spark between us. I’ve tried, I really tried, I gave all my efforts into our relationship and I’m tired. I can’t be the only one trying to fix our relationship.” She said while sighing.

“SO TELL ME WHAT TO FIX!” I yelled with tears streaming down my face.

“I’VE TRIED, CONSTANTLY! I’VE TRIED SINCE MONTHS AGO! But here we are again, in the same position as last time, you making your empty promises while I continue to play along with your charade! IT’S THE SAME DAMN THING! WHY CAN’T YOU SEE IT!” She said while breathing hard, she then closed her eyes and took smaller quieter breaths.

“I spent weeks alone, you said you’ll spend more time with me, give more effort into our relationship, but here we are, fighting again. I’m constantly waiting on nothing. If this is our future, I don’t think I’ll be able to stay… I’m done, you’re on your own. I wish you the best.” She said with tears streaming down her beautiful thin face. I could tell that she had lost weight, no longer does she have those beautiful bright eyes or smiles that reached her eyes. I watch her as she walks out of my penthouse, watch her walk out of my life. I know that I only have myself to blame, I made promises that I couldn’t keep.

 

 

 

I wanted too, but I couldn’t.

 

 

 

I hear the door to my bedroom open, with the familiar clicking sound of her heels, it resonated throughout the penthouse. I hated that sound.

“You did the right thing Seulgi. She wasn’t meant for you.” She said with her left hand on my shoulder.

“I wouldn’t if you didn’t threaten me mother.” I said full of despite.

“Seulgi.” She said with a harden voice while she tighten her grip.

“I did what you asked me to do, so leave.” I said while shrugging off her hand. I made my way over to my living room window to see a beautiful night view of Seoul. At least that’s how many will view the view, I now despise it.

“Seulgi, you know what I did was for the best. The best for you sweetie. She won’t be able to help you grow; she can’t assist you in the future. You’re the heir to a multi-billion-dollar corporation while she’s just a normal citizen. Your social class is completely different from one another; sooner or later she’ll leave you.” My mother said as her voice softens up. I then saw her reflection on the window moving closer to me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter