END

Short Fling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Chaerin can’t hide her excitement. She feels like in heaven upon looking at two red lines on her pregnancy test kit. Tears can’t be helped to roll down her cheeks. She can’t stop to thank God as she and her husband, Jeong Jaehyun, have been waiting for a baby come into their little family since three years ago. She takes her phone from nearby table, she is about to dial her husband’s number before she halts her fingers and decides to give him a small surprise when he is home. It has to be celebrated though, she thinks.

She is been cooking Jaehyun’s favorites for almost two hours now. Delicious smells are filling the kitchen as the clock keeps ticking and showing it is exactly 8 p.m.

“He is coming home late.” She uttered to the air.

An hour later she is still there, sitting on the sofa, literally almost dozing off. She stands up and walks back and forth in their living room. Chaerin bites her nail nervously as Jaehyun didn’t even pick up her calls. It is really not typical of him to be home late and not notice her beforehand. She is scared that something bad is up.

A moment later, sound of someone opening the door can be heard. Her eyes are widen and her feet rush out to see the person she is been waiting for. Jaehyun looks like a mess. He smells like he has drunk a barrel-worth of alcohol.

“what is wrong with you, Jae? What happpened?” she asked worriedly and tried to help him with his stuff.

Jaehyun resists her hand away. He looks annoyed to see her presence and dashes off to enter the house, leaving her there statued.

“Jaehyun, what happened?” you tried to pace up with his steps.

Jaehyun sits on the sofa and massages his temple. She is sure now something bad must have happened. She takes a seat beside him and is about to hug him before again he resists her hands.

“Now you tell me what happened, Jae,” she began to lose her patience.

“This happened! Now you explain to me how the this happened!” he threw a photo from his pocket.

She gasps as she rarely hears him curses. He is always being that good husband who only says sweet things to her. She frowns and takes a deep breath before looking at the photo he asked an explanation for. The second she figures out the picture that he has been throwing tantrum on, she is all lost for words. She feels the ambience is very tight like trying to suffocate her up.

“Jae, Jae, I can explain this.” she stuttered some words out.

“I am so disappointed in you, Chaerin.”

She now can see clearly his redden and puffy eyes. He must have cried his heart out before coming home. She tries to hold his hands, wanting to ask for forgiveness and give him a proper explanation that he should have heard from a year ago.

“I am sorry, Jae. I am really sorry. It was a mistake. I really didn’t mean it.” she really doesn’t know what to say.

She can only cry at the time.

“A mistake you said?” he repeated her words frustratedly. “You don’t dare to touch me.” he let her hands go.

He doesn’t want to hear more words out . He has enough that day. He has it enough to find out that his wife cheated on him.

 

 

 

 

It is already two weeks since Jaehyun found out that his wife had an affair with someone from his high school years. They were even introduced by him when they had reunion party a year ago. He now barely comes home, even when he does he doesn’t talk much and only stays on his phone, completely ignores her. He trusted her with his all and never doubted her for once. He worked so hard for their family, he even asked her to stay at home as he wanted her to focus on having a child and wouldn’t be bothered by her works.

“Jae, can we talk now?” Chaerin can’t be glad enough to finally see her husband after two days.

She knows it must be very hard for him to accept her short fling with another guy. Who in the world can accept such thing actually. Maybe only a saint can forgive her. She doesn’t even deserve a forgiveness and she is aware of it. All she wants is hearing his sweet voice again or at least get his eyes on her for a moment. She misses him so much. He won’t even look at her for a second. She is like a ghost for him.

“Jae, I know it was very wrong. No, it was an unforgiven act. But, I swear it was only for a month, Jae. I don’t even know what he is up to now. We lost contact months ago. I don’t know his intention to confront you with such thing.” she begged him for hundred times already but he won’t listen.

Jaehyun is very hurt. He is mad and tremendously disappointed in her. He once put too much focus on his work a year ago as he was assigned to lead a huge project and it was a stepping stone for his career. He only came home three times a week back then for five whole months and he didn’t expect Chaerin would cheat on his back in that tough time.

“I have to go. You don’t need to explain over and over again. I am full of it.” he said coldly, again leaving her begging on her knees.

Chaerin is crying again. She doesn’t even remember when her eyes actually dry from tears, her body feels very weak. She barely eats well as she lost her appetite out of stress or pregnancy, she doesn’t even know anymore. She caresses her belly gently. She hasn’t tell him yet about the baby. She knows it will be too hard for Jaehyun, and she doesn’t want him to pity her and is forced to forgive her because she is pregnant with his child.

“I am sorry I haven’t told about you to your dad. Mom is here, don’t worry.” she whispered.

She closes her eyes, happy memories of them both running through her head. His laugh, warm smile, sweet voice, even the moment when they snuggled are now just bygones.

 

 

 

 

Today marks a week Jaehyun didn’t come home. Chaerin knows exactly how he really hates her but leaving their home unnoticed is too much. She is dead worried about his being. She can’t reach him no matter how hard she tries. She only manages to know how he is doing by contacting his best friends once in awhile, but they don’t seem to be that cooperative as Jaehyun must have told his best friends about it. They must hate her more than anything now.

Chaerin buries her head in a pillow. She can’t believe how she manages to stay a alive through these toughest three weeks in their marriage life. She can’t even have proper meal, her appearance definitely looks like a mess and don’t start with her eyes, they look very swollen, she doesn’t have energy to cry anymore.

A click from the door wakes her up. She doesn’t even realize that she fell asleep. Her head is spinning like crazy. Her vision is a little blurry but she knows for sure the silhouette in front of her. It is Jaehyun. He is finally home. She is about to say something but Jaehyun cuts her.

“Someone sent this again this morning. Seems like your short fling is very special. You have so many memories with him.” he said sarcastically and showed her another picture of her and that guy who caused all of these commotions, Lee Taeyong.

“Jae, believe me this once. I don’t know why he is doing this. I don’t even hear any news about him lately. We are already over from long ago.” again, she tried to explained, this time with a cracked voice from crying too much.

“Are you sure about that?” Jaehyun swiped his phone and threw it to her.

There is picture with her watching TV, definitely was taken at their apartment. She is taken aback up looking at the sender. Lee Taeyoung. How he managed to get a snap of her in her and Jaehyun very own apartment. They moved here two months ago and there is no way Taeyong could take her picture since they have lost contact for over a year already.

“There is no need for more explanation. You lied to me, you cheated on me. You said both of you are not together anymore? Then what is this? You are the problem here, Chaerin-ah.” Jaehyun can’t hide his disappointment. He himsel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter