STUCK IN MY HEAD

STUCK IN MY HEAD | SAHYO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pale arms and feet pushed away the sheets as a sleepy and loud yawn escaped the girl's mouth. She scooted up on the bed, whimpering when struggling to reach for her phone to turn the alarm off. Barefoot, she jumped from her bed and stretched while running to open the curtains, letting the faint light of the rising sun invade her room.

It was around six in the morning and Sana was up, looking through her closet for the right outfit to wear. One that would match with the gloomy weather outside, but would shine in it's own, unique way. And it would be an underestimation if we were to say that Sana wasn't like the way she dressed, differently.

Minatozaki Sana was born and raised in Osaka, Japan and was still proudly another one of it's thousands citizens. She had a bright personality and never failed to make someone smile with that cheerful vibe emitting from her. Sana was known to her block for her kindness and respectful manners as she never hesitated helping anyone. The old ladies by the end of the street--who were usually grumpy--would always compliment and give cookies to the girl when she helped the carry groceries every Saturday morning.

Needless to say, Sana was the neighbourhood's sunshine that shone even through the dark and thick clouds created by the animosity between people.

The currently blonde--because she would change her look every two to four months--girl liked to believe that whatever effort she put into the world, even if that is simply helping out people in need, volunteering, doing charity work, would make it a better place. And to save the world she had to wake up from really early because:

"Heroes don't wear capes. Just do everything in the will to pass the idea of change for the world to be a better place."

And:

"They have to use all the time they have. Every second matters!"

And so, Sana chose to do just that. Getting up the earliest her brain allowed her after a night full of studying for college. She was majoring in psychology and was almost at the end of her student trip at one of the best universities in Japan with pretty good grades. Her friends never understood how she did it, be out all day helping in whatever needs to be fixed and then acing her exams. To which Sana's response was:

"It's karma. Mother nature thanks me for my attempts. of saving her"

That's why she was now going out, after showering, getting dressed, and grabbing a fitness bar to munch on without forgetting to recycle the wrapper. With a bright smile she unlocked the lock on her bike and hopped on it, waving at her neighbour--a man in his sixties--and putting her backpack on.

Slowly cycling while enjoying the sun that had started to rise, Sana made her way to her usual morning destination. The coffee shop. The girl appreciated the shop and it's workers, everyone was nice, provided paper cups instead of plastic, and had good music.

Sana appreciated music and always looked into the newest songs and artists, trying to find the one that suits her style. Though it was harder than she thought. There wasn't a lot of diversity, she thought, only people screaming into mics about money and bying houses. So, she had to turn to other counties and cultures to get her everyday day dose of absolutely marvelous tunes.

The blonde had recently got into the dark whole that is Korean Pop, something that her mutuals had already picked up on. Sana, however, didn't listen to those girly-girls or the overflowing-with-annoying-masculinity guys. She chose something more calming that leaned towards balads, though the girl had picked a different name for them;

The angels. The angels were the artists with soothing tones and beats that could travel her to what seemed to be heaven with their voices.

Heaven. Heaven for Sana was the calmest and most relaxing state of mind she would rarely get into as she was always so busy. Thankfully, there were a few artists that helped her get into that state and her favourite coffee shop was always a place where she would discover 'angles'. It was thanks to the shop's barista, Momo, the place always played tasteful music.

Hirai Momo was a very close friend of Sana's she met on her first day of visit the shop. It was around the second year of high school for both girls who seemed to be hitting it off pretty quickly and bonding over their love for the environment, music taste, and so many more. The girls spent a lot of time together and already felt like sisters to each other, taking turns to introduce each other to their parents. It was funny, because Momo's parents thought they were dating. To which the raiven head girl shyly denied, admitting she wasn't dating Sana, but another girl.

Dating. That's another thing Sana and Momo had in common. They both never labeled their uality and had the mindset of 'love doesn't have boarders, genders of ages'. They were both open to anything.

The blonde smiled while cycling when bringing the presence of her lovely friend on her mind and cutely squealing, being too excited to see her after a while. Momo and her girlfriend Dahyun, another girl working in the coffee shop, had visited the latter's family in South Korea.

Hopping off her bicycle, Sana entered the store after securing it will be safe. With a huge grin she eyed the shop and noticed that it already was full of people, desperately in search of the energy that coffee provided and would help them get through the day.

"Hello! Welcome to Fantasy Park, I'm the barista Mo-" the girl behind the counter started, her eyes widening when seeing Sana warmly smile at her "Sana!"

The blonde leaned over the counter, enveloping her friend in a tight and warm hug while also waving at the rest of the workers, who already knew her.

"Good morning Momo," Sana chuckled "You're glowing today."

"How so?" the raven haired girl laughed.

"South Korea did you good I guess," Sana shrugged "It seems like you had fun too." she smirked, making direct eye contact with Dahyun who blushed and waved her off.

"I did," Momo shrugged "The usual?"

"Yep," the blonde smiled handing the barista her own thermos bottle "And no straw because--"

"We have to save the turtles," Dahyun spoke behind the counter "We know, we know~"

"Exactly," Sana laughed "I have my own either way."

"Okay miss save the environment," Momo spoke up "Here's you drink, enjoy!"

"I definitely will," the blonde said "Save time for me after you finish your shift."

"Will do," Momo smiled "Your favourite table is unoccupied."

Ah, Sana's favourite table. Why had she taken such liking to a table you might wonder? And the anwer is really simple, it had become a habit. Just like coffee, she didn't like it at first, but then fell in love with it.

The first time she had visited this place, she was forced to sit on that table or else she had to get her coffee and leave. That day, the cafe was packed with people. It was their busiest day and some people wanted to sit while others simply leave because they had work or other schedules.

Sana had eyed a good table near the big glass windows and doors of the cafe and was planning occupying that spot, though when she had finally gotten out of the terribly long line someone else had already taken the seat, leaving Sana the only table that wasn't occupied.

The table was at the very back of the cafe, near the restroom and the big speakers used to play the angelic music Momo with her amazing taste put on. There were no windows near, causing the place to be dark in the morning time while an unappealing, yellow light bulb hang from above it.

Momo and the rest of the co-wokers never realized how Sana's mind had suddenly changed as she would always occupy that same table even if no one was in the coffeshop.

And moments later Sana was already seated on her favourite table, letting her cup on it's surface and taking out her notebook where everything she had planned for today and some quick doodles were scribbled in it. The girl relaxed in the chair, reaching under the table to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter