SUNSET

SUNSET | 2YEON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on, Jeong, a vocation is the only thing you need right now and you're super lucky because I got us the perfect destination."

That's how it all started and now, Jeongyeon was waiting in her car, fingers tapping impatiently over it's leather sterring wheel as she waited for her sister Momo to come out of her apartment. 

Momo, Jeongyeon's adoptive sister has been a part of their family since she was thirteen, after getting moved from an orphanage in Japan to the one close to Yoo's family house in Suwon. Jeongyeon's family was decent, although fighting to get over her older's sister loss, they provided everything nessecary to Momo and more. They all got along really well, even though communication was hard sometimes,--Momo didn't know the language well when she first moved in--but both of Jeongyeon's parents grew to love her like their own child.

As for Jeongyeon, their relationship was complicated.When Momo first moved to the house, Jeongyeon was hesitant to approach her. She felt really weird, suddenly having a new sister after saying goodbye to one. The girl believed Momo could never replace her sister, not that she didn't like the Japanese native. It took a while, but eventually, the two girls decided to start getting closer or at least attempt to. It's not like Jeongyeon didn't like Momo or the opposite, it was more like they were polar opposites. Something that made their and their parents' lives harder. 

Jeongyeon was more of a quiet person, a book worm. She always followed the rules, she did good at school without having to try that hard, but still studied until dawn. The girl didn't have a lot of close friends, only two to be exact. Jihyo and Chaeyoung, both younger than her. Jeongyeon and Jihyo shared the same passion, entering medical school while Chaeyoung, well, she was in her own world. While Jeongyeon and Jihyo planned on openning their own medical office, Chaeyoung--who dreamed of being a professional track athlete--always joked about coming for check ups and injuries there in the future. 

"Maybe I'll get discounts too." she would say, leaning her head on Jeonyeon's shoulder as she laughed.

And to their surprise, whatever they had planned worked out. 

Well, not exactly.

Jeongyeon and Jihyo did open their medical office that they still work into to this day while Chaeyoung would frequently visit them. The youngest had given up on her dreams of being a track athlete and instead joined the special forces. And even if they were always provided with health care, Chaeyoung would visit her friends and her friends only, still asking for a discount she never really got.

As for Momo, the girl was the biggest extrovert you will probably ever meet. Even if not fully knowing the language when moving to Korea, she still managed to make a lot of friends. Most of which are still by her side, never loosing contact. The most important of them being Mina, Nayeon, and Dahyun. Mina was the one Momo knew the longest, they were moved together from the orphanage in Japan to the one in Korea. However, Mina never got adopted and moved to Hawaii when she turned eighteen, chasing her dream of being a designer. Nayeon followed soon after, getting offered a job as an officer in Honolulu. The oldest of the group had never thought of becoming an officer, but the many police-themed movies she watched got to her head. Last but not least is Dahyun, Momo's girlfriend of five years. The younger out of the four had a passion for writing, something she never went to school for but still managed to succeed in. Dahyun's first book was a best seller, moving the whole country--and probably a lot more people--to tears. It was a sad story about love like every other book you'd read, though, it had her own touch. Inspired by the tragic story of her parent's happy marriage that turned into a nightmare when her mother got diagnosed with schizophrenia, the girl managed to win several awards at the very young age of eighteen.

But what about Momo, you might ask? 

Momo was a photograpger, a photographer like no other. She was one of a kind. The university she studied in basically begged for her to enter, and she did. The girl graduated with one of the highest scores--something that surpised her, she wasn't usually good at studying--and now traveled all over the world to capture the beauty of every country as well as update her personal blog that would receive millions of clicks every day, the one that got her name out in the world. She of course had some more jobs on the side; magazine photoshoots ect. Everyone wanted to work with her.

Actually, Momo's exceptional talent in photography was what got her with Dahyun. The older took and edited the picture of Dahyun's first ever book cover. Momo was the only person that knew what occured in Dahyun's life and was always there to help her, envelop her in her arms whenever she needed it the most.

Needless to say, Jeongyeon and Momo were not very alike. One very quiet, one very loud, resulting in them always fighting. Especially since they had to share a room before Jeongyeon moved out Suwon for university, eventually having to bear Momo following her soon after. Their relationship wasn't bad, no. They loved each other, though always getting on each other's nerves.

And that's how they had ended up fighiting inside Jeongyeon's car, hurrying not to miss the flight Momo had succesfully convinced her sister to buy tickets to.

"Honestly, your lack of time consciousness is irritating." the brunette groaned when Momo got in the car panting, whining because she had overslept.

"Less talking, more driving!" Momo shouted, receiving a glare from her sister who speeded to the airport "Dahyun is already there waiting, we don't have time."

"You're so disorganized," Jeongyeon mumbled as she checked the time on her watch. They had to be in the airport in at least fifteen minutes. "I wish I had stayed back at the office. I would have more fun working than with you."

"Lies," the raven haired girl chewed on her gum, rolling down her window and letting the soft breeze dry her sweat. Today was surprisingly hot, settling the realization of summer finally being here at the back of everyone's heads. "It's the first time in years I successfully dragged you away from work. Even Jihyo is going on vocation."

"Jihyo, sadly, has a girlfriend as maddening as yourself." Jeongyeon sighed, wiping the sweat trickling down her forehead with the back of her hand.

Truth is, the girl was a workaholic. She wasn't fond of taking time away from work, the definition of 'rest' was unknown to her. Momo was astonished when Jeongyeon gave in on her nagging and agreed in traveling all the way to Hawaii, where the raven haired girl would finally reunite with her friends after a long time.

"Excuse you, doc, Sana is amazing!" Momo stated, pushing the door to her sister's car open and speed walking to get her luggage from the back "Being excited about life is not a bad thing, most of the people our age feel that way. Our real life is starting now, after the whole crap with school. You're just too boring."

"Sana-ssi isn't excited about life, just obnoxious," the blonde shook her head as she carried her bags to the entrance of the airport, looking for Dahyun "I sometimes think Jihyo truly is God, for putting up with her."

Momo only laughed at the comment, running to the get her tickets and then rushing to back hug Dahyun. However, the younger was too engaged in what she was typing away on her laptop to notice the sisters approaching her.

"Hi, babe." the raven haired female whispered by Dahyun's ear, kissing ther jawline.

"Hey, Mo, Jeongyeon unnie." she teasingly saluted, eyes scanning her girlfriend for a while before falling back onto the screen of her laptop in front of her.

"This thing will swallow you one day," Jeongyeon teased, "Don't even get me started on how much the overuse of electronics can harm your eyesight, it's not even my department-"

"How about you chill, Jeong?" Momo yawned, making herself comfortable on her seat next to Dahyun and deciding to momentarily disregard the fact they have to board on the plane in a bit, closing her eyes.

"Momo it's 2:00 PM, how can you still be sleeepy?" the blonde groaned, earning a giggle from Dahyun and a whine from Momo who simply tried to explain that partying the night before having to board on a long flight was not a good idea. To which both Jeongyeon and Dahyun rolled their eyes.

Soon, all three of them were in the plane. Momo and Dahyun seated next to each other while Jeongyeon four rows behind, trapped next to an old man and a ten year old that begged his mother to let him play on his Nintendo switch. 

The flight was chaotic for Jeongyeon. There was noise everywhere that distracted her from reading her book about the heart's anatomy. She had read plenty of those books, but still found them intresting. The girl even tried to look outside the window, examine the big, full clouds. Nonetheless, the man next to her objected, saying he was afraid of heights and asked if she could shut the shades. 

Things only got worse when they landed after a torturous seven hours in the plane. Mina was the one to pick them up in her car--in which they could all barely fit--and dropped them at their airbnb while also trying to calm Momo down, who had clinged onto her almost crying when seeing her. Mina had grown a lot, Jeongyeon noticed, her face features were sharper and her usually pale skin was tanned. She might have even gotten a little taller or it was just her shoes.

"Rest well tonight," she said when they arrived "Tomorrow we're starting the tour, I know Momo would love to take pictures for her blog." Mina smiled as she waved, dri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter