Seungwoo - Chapter 2

Learning to share the burden

Seungwoo fitted a pillow under his knee to lift his knee up and fell asleep after a while. 

 

Seungyoun woke up at 5:45 the next morning and started to wake other people up.

 

“Hey kids, wake up!” Seungyoun said as he lifted the blankets of the 99line. He then went to the kids room and woke everyone up and made them change and wash up before going out to breakfast. He then went to the kitchen and started reheating their dinner leftover and some rice in the microwave. 

 

After he was done, he went to the eldest room and woke Wooseok up. “Wooseok-ah, it’s time to wake up!” He said as he shook him up. 

 

“Hyung… 5 more minutes…” Wooseok lazily replied as usual.

 

“It’s me. I’m fine with you calling me hyung but make sure to do that forever!” Seungyoun teased as he shook Wooseok some more. 

 

Wooseok opened his eyes to find Seungyoun instead of Seungwoo, and just woke up from the shock that he called him hyung.

 

“Wanna wake Seungwoo-hyung later for me?” He asked Wooseok.

 

“Yeah, I will. You guys can wash up first, he can either wake up to that noise or I’ll wake him up later,” Wooseok said. 

 

Seungyoun nodded and went back to his own room to bring the 99line to the bathroom. He made sure all the kids are up and eating or changing before washing himself up in the bathroom. 

 

Seungwoo was still sleeping soundly in his bed with the blanket all over his body. He liked to sleep that way to cover himself, and also to prevent light from coming to his eyes which might wake him up in the middle of the night. 

 

After the 99line was done, Wooseok started to wake Seungwoo up. “Hyung… It’s time to wake up,” He said as he opened the blanket to reveal Seungwoo’s face.

 

Seungwoo smiled as he barely opened his eyes. “Hm…” He nodded as he slowly sat up on his bed and rubbed his eyes. “Is everyone up?” He asked slowly.

 

“Yeah, Seungyoun already woke everyone and cooked. Go wash up and then go to eat,” Wooseok said.

 

Seungwoo looked around and quickly took out the weight under the bed to weigh Wooseok. “Go step on it,” He ordered.

 

“Hyung…” Wooseok begged a little. He hated being weighed after hard practices, it was a basic fail for him as he would exercise a lot more and eat less before comebacks.

 

“You know you have to do this,” Seungwoo said as he forced Wooseok onto the scale. It was a rule that Wooseok cannot look at the numbers to make sure he doesn’t cheat the numbers. Thus he always stood the other way around while Seungwoo captured all the numbers.

 

“51.8kg” The scale read. Seungwoo kept his expression before telling him to come down. 

 

“It’s bad, right?” Wooseok asked with his head held down.

 

“It’s fine, this is a sensitive period of time,” Seungwoo put it off as he looked around to find his phone. “Go out and eat as I wash up,” He ordered as he remembered Seungyoun took his phone yesterday. 

 

He quickly washed up and went to ask for his phone. He punched in the numbers and texted Jinhyuk as he took his plate to his own room after greeting everyone in the living room. 

 

“Numbers are dropping. 51.8 today, but we just finished practice sessions. Having come back soon, that’s probably why. Just wanted to let you know so you won’t get surprised.” S

 

He ate the food quickly as he walked out again and dumped his plate in the sink. He saw the kids all at the table and made sure everyone was up. He then went to Dongpyo and gave him a morning hug before leaving the kids to the 96line. 

 

He started packing and got some painkillers and emergency medicine kit just to prevent any knee situation. He packed more energy bars today as today is the last day of learning dances, and tomorrow is polishing day. It’s usual for the day before polishing to last longer and be harder. He got some more tape in his bag and went out to the living room to start gathering the kids for practice. 

 

“5 more minutes!” He yelled as he put down his training bag and put some lotion and BB cream on. Kids piled out and they went to their respective cars quickly. Seungyoun came out of his room and quickly went down to the vans. Seungwoo waited for everyone to be done, and this time, Wooseok took a bit longer in the bathroom. Seungwoo looked at the time and realized they only had a minute before they were going to be late, so he went to the bathroom.

 

“Wooseok-ah, we have to leave…” He started as he opened his room door to find Wooseok on the scale looking at his numbers. Wooseok was on the verge of crying as he saw the number.

 

Seungwoo sensed that and he quickly went to give him a big hug from the back. He picked him up and placed him down facing the door. “We can talk about it on the way, get your bag before we’re late,” He said as he took his bag and left holding Wooseok’s hand.

 

“Hyung…” Wooseok almost cried as he saw the number. “How long… have I been under…” He asked while whimpering. 

 

Seungwoo didn’t want to answer him as they were walking but he answered as they got into the elevator. “Been a while, but it’s fine. Don’t worry about it, we can fix it. Together,” he said while looking into Wooseok’s eyes.

 

“Sorry… hyung…” Wooseok lowered his head. 

 

“It’s fine. It’s really okay. I know it’s stressful, we just have to try and make it better before your next appointment,” Seungwoo comforted him. “You’re in my car today, I’ll leave Seungyoun with the kids,” He said as they went out of the elevator. 

 

Seungwoo quickly took Wooseok to his van and took the other kids out. They went to the other van leaving the two in the car. Seungyoun nodded and just gave in to the older’s suggestion. Seungyoun was happy that the kids were with him, as he needed to tell them something also.

 

As Seungwoo went to the other car to find Wooseok and have a 1 on 1 talk. “We’re good to go,” He told the manager as he went to the second row and sat with a frustrated Wooseok. 

 

“It’s going to be fine, Wooseok-ah,” He started. “Don’t worry too much about it, we can make it work after tomorrow. It is hard to adjust these 3 days, it wasn’t this bad until today,” He reassured Wooseok. 

 

“But… My appointment is in 3 days. Hyung… It’s not going to work,” Wooseok almost cried as he said that. His appointment at the hospital for his depression and anorexia is a monthly checkup for his weight and mental stability, but this is definitely a wrong timing for him to have the appointment as they were in the middle of preparing for a comeback.

 

“I can explain the situation to the doctors, I’m going to be there with you. Don’t worry about those okay? We can fix it later,” Seungwoo gave him a hug and let him cry on his shoulders.

 

They stayed like that for a while and Wooseok got a bit better as Seungwoo comforted him more. Seungwoo took the time to let him cry everything out and also his back and head to calm him down. 

 

Meanwhile, in the other car, Seungyoun was asking the kids to do a favor. “I know the 2 of you have not fully mastered the whole thing yesterday night, but I know you guys will be fine. However, just in case you guys mess up and the teacher asks you who danced with you, say you practiced with me. Don’t say you practiced with Seungwoo-hyung. I can take the blame for the day if that is needed, understood?” Seungyoun asked.

 

The kids shrugged and nodded. This was the first time they ever had this request from the eldest 3 members of the group, but they figured he probably has a good reason behind it anyways.

 

Seungyoun did it as he knew the risks of Seungwoo blaming himself for everything again. He didn’t want him to be yelled at recording and also dancing. It would be too burdened for him, especially now with Wooseok’s situation. Who knows what is going to happen?

 

The vans arrived at the company and both vans got out successfully with the help of the guards. The vans were surprised to see the different van arrangements today, and the CP fans of Seungwoo and Wooseok were shouting so loud. Seungwoo got a bit shocked and quickly hugged Wooseok to not let him focus too much on the attention and walk quickly into the situation. Wooseok kept his head down the whole time as he felt Seungwoo’s comforting hand on his waist.

 

As they got to the room, everyone started to warm up and people who needed taping taped themselves ready for the session. Most of them focused on remembering the moves and getting their bodies ready for the teacher.


 

“Okay, let’s continue to learn the dance,” The teacher said as he came into the room. “Are you guys all familiar with the dances yesterday?” He asked.

 

“Yes,” They all chanted together as a group to greet the teacher. 

 

“Let’s do a group run to warm you guys up, and then we will break into 2s to make sure everyone has it,” The teacher said.

 

The guys nodded and everyone went into position to start the dance. The music began and everyone did a decent job as they were dancing to the mirror and things can be quickly picked up from other people even if you forget about it. 

 

“Not too shabby,” The teacher nodded as the first runthrough is over. He paused the music and started assigning people together to dance it through. “Now let’s do pairs, starting with those who are confident. Anyone want to start us off?” The teacher asked. 

 

Not a lot of hands flew up, but Wooseok and Hangyul’s hands were up as usual. They were the 2 who usually just wanted to be done with the individual dances as they don’t want to wait that long. 

 

“Wooseok and Hangyul? Can you start us off?” The teacher asked as he started to play the music. 

 

Both of them stepped forward as the other guys went to sit down in the front to watch and wait. Seungwoo specifically sat with Junho and Dohyon to see if they’re doing fine with the dances. 

 

“You guys feel confident?” Seungwoo asked softly. 

 

“I think it’s okay,” Junho said nervously. He has not performed well in these sessions usually, and often just messes up during the individual parts. He still finds it hard to adapt in 1 day, to remember every move especially if they are not repeated enough. It is a similar case with Dohyon as they both haven’t been dancing for as long as the other people in the class. They mostly wait for the latter pairs to dance as they can watch other people do it first and then that can make them remember the dance better.

 

Wooseok and Hangyul did a good job in dancing to the music, as expected from the older pair. The hyung line are definitely more experienced in dancing and it shows when they have these sessions. The pairs continued and the teacher was overall satisfied with the moves. 

 

“Junho and Dohyon? Can you guys do it together or do you want to do it with someone else?” The teacher asked with a glare as he went to the next pair. He recalls that they messed up when they were in the same group last time.

 

The oldest 3 were a bit nervous about this pair as they all knew they weren’t as prepared as they would have hoped. They could do it with others, but maybe not by themselves. However, they didn’t want to make them feel pressured yet so they stayed quiet.

 

“I can do it with them,” Hyeongjun raised his hand before anyone could stop him. The hyungs smiled as they liked the enthusiasm of the younger kids. It is better for the kids to do it together instead of with an older one as it might be more awkward or stressful. 

 

“Ah, okay. The 3 of you can dance together,” The teacher said as he went to start the music.

 

It started off pretty well, but once the intro was over, the kids started to get lost as Hyeongjun had a slightly different part than Dohyon. Dohyon started to be confused and it was hard for him to catch up on the dance. The whole thing did not go that well as Dohyon’s mistake made Junho confused and it started to confuse all 3 of them. Hyeongjun tried to stay diligent but he was getting a bit confused too as he wasn’t sure what the other two were doing. 

 

The teacher stopped the music in the middle and was visibly angry with the mistakes. “What is this?” He shouted. “What are the 3 of you doing!” He yelled at the 3 kids.

 

The 3 of them quickly got scared and backed off by instinct. They immediately looked down and didn’t bear to look at the teacher. 

 

“Hyeongjun go sit down. The 2 of you stay standing!” The teacher pointed at Hyeongjun. “How much did you guys practice? Why does it look like this?”

 

“We practised until 3…” Dohyon whimpered as he recalled the last time they got yelled at by this dance teacher. 

 

“Who taught you guys!” The teacher was frustrated and yelled while he pointed at the remaining members. 

 

There was an awkward silence but Junho managed to blurp out, “Seung… Seung…” He couldn’t say it properly as he was too scared.

 

“I’m sorry teacher, I didn’t do a good job teaching them,” Seungwoo raised his hand and stood up.

 

The teacher rolled his eyes at the leader and looked at the 2 younger ones. “Seungwoo taught you guys?”

 

“It was Seungyoun-hyung…” Dohyon whispered as he remembered Seungyoun telling him to say him instead of Seungwoo.

 

Seungwoo gave a shocked face before he was pulled down by Seungyoun. “It was me, teacher. I’m sorry, I got tired after the long day and decided to end practice early before we finished finalizing all the moves,” He said as he pushed Seungwoo to the floor. 

 

“So it was Seungyounnie. I figured, the leader wouldn’t have done this to their team,” The teacher snickered a bit. 

 

Seungwoo’s heart got burnt a bit by that last comment. Not only did the guys lie for him and he got trash talked as a leader?

 

“Come out! The 3 of you dance together and do it until no one has a wrong move!” The teacher yelled as he made the 3 of them repeat the dance for 30 minutes.

 

Seungwoo’s heart soured as he saw the 3 of them suffer because of him, and he didn’t know what he could do except to look at them and cheer them on.

 

The 2 of them finally got the moves right and the teacher had a 5 minute break before teaching the new moves. Seungwoo immediately went to the 2 kids and gave them water and asked about the situation. 

 

“Seungyoun-hyung told us to do that…” They both confessed softly so the teacher doesn’t hear them.

 

“Seungyounnie asked you guys to do it?” Seungwoo was confused. He went to Seungyoun and asked about it.

 

“What the hell was that?” He asked him sternly.

 

“Just helping out. It’s fine, hyung. Just forget about it,” Seungyoun answered.

 

“Forget about it? What are you doing?” He yelled at him.

 

“You would have gotten a bad leader scolding if they said your name. I don’t mind dancing that extra few times, so just worry about the coming day, hyung,” Seungyoun said as he drank the last few drops of water in the bottle. 

 

The teacher quickly gathered them together again and started teaching the latter part of the song. Seungwoo left that at the back of his mind and focused on learning the whole dance. He paid attention to other people and made sure everyone was learning at least on their own pace. 

 

“Don’t force yourself if your ankle doesn’t allow for it,” He said to Yohan in the middle as he saw Yohan hesitating at a jump move. Yohan nodded slightly and continued to dance along with the whole session.

 

Seungwoo felt the tape around his knee loosen up as his knee started to get swollen. He continued dancing as he knew he couldn’t stop as the leader, it was the expectations and he didn’t want to bring extra trouble than the group was already bringing. He jumped a little less but some moves were hard to hide, so he just did it normally and he knew his knee would be very tired tonight. 

 

After 9 hours of nonstop dancing, the teaching finally stopped and ended the lesson. “We will polish tomorrow. Make sure you have your positions and moves all memorized by tonight. We will have individual run-throughs tomorrow,” The teacher said. “Seungwoo, let’s talk,” He pointed at the sweating Seungwoo at the back after he was done.

 

All the guys looked at him not knowing what the teacher wanted but they just gave in and let Seungwoo go to the teacher. Seungwoo walked to the outside of the room to be led by the teacher to a small practice room.

 

“Why didn’t you check on the kids when you were done yesterday?” The teacher yelled as he banged the door after Seungwo got in. “Why are people not prepared today?”

 

“I’m sorry…” Seungwoo apologized, that’s mostly what he could say. He couldn’t really say anything else that might piss the teacher more.

 

“Do you think your job is just to dance your own part? As a leader, you have to make sure everyone is on the same page as you!” He scolded. “Do you want to get punished? Huh? The kids are also not in a good attitude, look at how long we spent just learning the moves!”

 

“I’m sorry…” Seungwoo lowered his head as he felt bad for being a bad leader.

 

“Do you think you’re prepared enough for tomorrow?” The teacher asked.

 

“I…” Seungwoo knew he wasn’t ready, but he knew the teacher was going to ask him to dance to it anyways. “A little…” He rubbed his knee a bit before he added the last part as he tested the waters for his leg condition.

 

“Dance to the whole song once, I’ll take note and see how much you improve tomorrow,” The teacher said as he went to the mirror side of the room and left Seungwoo in the middle of the room.

 

“Yes…” Seungwoo muttered as he started dancing to the whole song. The first part went fine as he practised it quite a lot yesterday with the kids. The latter part was all correct, but not performance ready. He just got the moves, but they all look a bit awkward as he hasn’t really polished it himself yet. He bowed after he was done and he panted a bit as he felt like his body was giving up.

 

“Your limbs are not in sync, it looks like you’re just flapping around. Your jumps and change of directions look very sloppy now, even ignoring some of the moves,” The teacher started criticizing. “That’s not acceptable even though it’s not polished. You should have done the moves as taught!” He shouted.

 

“I’m sorry…” Seungwoo wanted to let the teacher know about his knee but he knew that it was out of context to say that right now. It was his own job to keep himself healthy. “I’ll do better tomorrow…” He added. 

 

“You better do well tomorrow! I expect everyone in the group to at least be polished. If anyone gets anything wrong during their own run-through, you know what will happen!” The teacher screamed as he banged the door and left.

 

Seungwoo immediately held onto the wall and breathed heavily as his other hand went to his knee. It felt swollen again and he knew that he needed to go to the hospital before tomorrow to get the liquid pulled out. He pulled out his small painkillers from his pockets and took some to soothe the pain for the moment. He limped to the bathroom and rewrapped his knee to make sure it won’t twist before he goes to the hospital. He went straight back to the practice room to everyone practicing on their own so he went to the corner and started practicing too. 

 

Others noticed that Seungwoo came back but didn’t dare to say anything, as they just assumed that the teacher yelled at him again. Seungwoo has mentioned that it would be better if they didn’t ask him right after. Maybe just mention it slightly when he seems very not okay.

 

Seungyoun and Wooseok definitely knew that it wasn’t this easy, but they would only ask when they’re back in the dorms where the kids won’t be present. This makes the life of the eldest 3 a bit easier, and they’d be more open to discuss things like this with only the 3 of them.

 

Seungwoo bit through his gums to tolerate the pain but after a few hours, he was burning out. The managers brought dinner and they all gathered to have a quick dinner before going back to practise. They knew they had to be perfect tomorrow. 

 

Seungwoo went to his manager and told him that he would need to sneak to the hospital after this session. He planned to tell a lie and leave for the hospital. The manager nodded and told him to get into the smallest car at midnight to go to the hospital.

 

Seungwoo came back and told the members that he had to visit Byungchan at the dorms as s have told him that he wasn’t dealing fine. He felt bad for using s but he didn’t know how to have a convincing lie that could deceive the rest of them. 

 

Most of them nodded and just went with it as the small car wasn’t planned for anyone anyways. Wooseok raised his eyebrows a bit as he was a bit doubtful and quickly texted Byungchan to see what was happening with him.

 

“Are you doing okay?” - W

“Yeah, why?” - B

“Seungwoo-hyung said he’ll go visit you after practice today. Because someone said you weren’t doing okay.” - W

“What? I’ve been doing great, I just got notified that I can dance next week. Seriously, I’m all good.” - B

“Then… What’s with hyung?” - W

“Maybe he just wants some rest” - B

“I’ll let you know. If anyone texts, just say you’re dealing with stuff. Don’t want the kids to worry.” - W

 

Wooseok turned his head in curiosity as he read the texts that he and Byungchan were exchanging. What was happening with Seungwoo-hyung? Did something that bad happen when he got yelled at. 

 

Seungwoo saw Wooseok’s turn and immediately turned away and played with Dongpyo to divert his attention. Seungyoun saw all of this and peaked behind Wooseok’s back to try to see what he was doing. Wooseok immediately dodged and that scared the others a bit. They quickly played along and everyone was back down. 

 

Seungwoo stayed silent after the issue and just went back to polishing his own dance moves. It was getting harder and harder to jump and twist, he took a few more pills and chugged down some water, and continued. Wooseok has been keeping an eye on him and could tell it was his knee, but he didn’t know how to open his mouth since everyone else was still here.

 

As midnight came closer, Seungwoo stopped dancing and finally started cooling down to prepare to leave. No one else has left yet, so everyone was still in the room. He stayed at his corner and he took a few more pills to stop the pain so he doesn’t walk weird. Wooseok also stopped and went over to Seungwoo as he took his bag too. 

 

“Hyung, let’s go visit Byungchan together,” Wooseok said as he sat down and wiped his sweat with his towel. “I’m done with practicing anyways.”

 

“To...together?” Seungwoo asked in a panic. “It’s fine, it’s more of a Victon thing…” He came up with an excuse.

 

“Hm, I would not say it is,” Wooseok said as he pulled his phone with a stern face. The phone showed his text exchanges with Byungchan. 

 

Seungwoo’s face squirmed a bit and just didn’t know how to reply. 

 

“Let’s go together anyways, I’ll be by your side,” Wooseok said as he guessed it was his knee that was frustrating him. 

 

Seungwoo looked around and just gave in. It would be a disaster if he argued with Wooseok here anyways. The kids are in good hands too, Seungyoun and Hangyul can teach them if any of them needs help. He barely nodded as he went out and said goodbye to everyone. 

 

“Wooseok-hyung!!!! You’re going to visit Byungchan hyung too?” Junho asked. “I wanna go too!!”

 

Following that, everyone wanted to go with them. 

 

“No, you guys stay here and practice. Wooseok is just coming along because I know he is prepared and he is close to Byungchan. You guys aren’t as close to him anyways!” Seungwoo joked and smiled as he left the room to the carpark with Wooseok. 

 

He limped a bit and Wooseok caught that. 

 

“You’re going to the hospital, right?” Wooseok asked. “Come on, I’ll let you lean on me,” He said as he pulled his arms across his shoulders to act as a support.

 

Seungwoo tried to shake it off but Wooseok stuck with it. “Don’t try to fight it off, it’ll just make it worse,” He said as they stayed like that until they reached the car. 

 

“Oh? Wooseok is here too?” The manager asked. 

 

“Yeah, he is coming along,” Seungwoo sighed as he got into the car. 

 

“Is it that bad?” The manager asked. 

 

Seungwoo didn’t want to say anything but he nodded a little as he turned away due to awkwardness.

 

Wooseok’s heart broke as he saw the leader’s face as he knew how hard he was trying to stay with it. 

 

The whole car drive was silent until they reached the hospital. Luckily, there weren’t any fans following them and they managed to get a room to themselves and waited for the doctor. Wooseok stayed with Seungwoo in the room while the manager was outside, making sure no one could come in except for the doctor.

 

The doctor came in with 2 nurses to help Seungwoo who was just sitting down in bed with his leg resting on a pillow. 

 

“Can you take off your pants so we can just check the condition and compare it to the other leg?” The doctor asked as he cleaned his hands and got a pair of scissors.

 

Seungwoo nodded as he pulled his leg down to sit up properly and wiggled a bit to pull off his pants, leaving him in only his boxers and his taping around his knee. The taping definitely has been worn out and has swollen as the knee itself was very swollen. 

 

Wooseok gasped as he saw that, as the worst he has seen was when Seungwoo came back from a mini surgery. He has never seen his bloated knee before. Seungwoo sighed a bit as he heard Wooseok’s gasp, as he didn’t want another lecturing from him. 

 

The doctor skillfully cut off the tape with the scissors and accessed the knee a bit. “It’s a little worse than last time, since you taped it even harder while it was bloated,” The doctor said as he squeezed the knee a bit to feel the texture. 

 

Seungwoo’s face curled in pain as the doctor squeezed his knee but didn’t dare to make a sound. The doctor saw it and sighed a bit. “You can’t stay this time?” He asked looking up.

 

“Maximum overnight…” Seungwoo blurted. 

 

“Hyung!” Wooseok argued. He could have asked for a few days of rest if it was this serious!

 

Seungwoo held up his hand to stop him. He could, of course, ask for a few days. But what’s the cost? Fans worrying about him, teachers being impatient with their progress, the company thinking the leader is not good enough, and Antis thinking he is hiding.

 

“At least we can do a mini session of physical therapy with you staying. We can loosen it up after we get the liquid out. It seems too tense now, but we don’t want to tire you too much. Mostly massages,” The doctor said as he noted to the nurses.

 

Seungwoo nodded. “Thanks…” He muttered as he stared at his swollen knee.

 

“This will probably take a while, around 5 needles?” The doctor said as he looked at the knee again and compared it with the other knee. “You wanna lie down for it?” 

 

Seungwoo nodded and Wooseok helped him to lie down properly on the bed.

 

The doctor and nurse started to prepare the needles and Seungwoo just looked away as he pulled the blanket up to his face. It was painful enough just staying like this. Pulling the liquid out hurts even more, not to say now he has Wooseok next to him. He can’t really do this with someone looking at him like this.

 

Wooseok sensed that Seungwoo was scared so he held his hand under his blankets and sat down next to him. “It’s fine, hyung. I’ll be here,” He said softly and patted his head and covered his eyes. 

 

The doctor started the first needle and Seungwoo just moved his hands a bit. The nurses held his injured leg down so he couldn’t move at all. The pulling out of the liquid looks super scary to Wooseok and he was impressed by how Seungwoo doesn’t even scream like crazy in this situation. 

 

Seungwoo was holding his breath the whole time and tried not to yell in front of Wooseok. He pumped his fist on the bed a few times and that was his only outlet. 

 

After the 4th needle, he started crying. It was too much pain to deal with. Wooseok was surprised to see Seungwoo crying as that was unusual. But he took it as this was the situation, so he just pretended not to see it. 

 

“We’re all done,” The doctor said as he wrapped ice all over Seungwoo’s knee.

 

Seungwoo let out a deep sigh, sniffled his nose and wiped his tears. “Thanks… doctor…” He barely made out the words. 

 

“No problem. Really… A true leader…” The doctor said as he noted that Seungwoo didn’t yell at all despite this being one of the more serious times. 

 

Wooseok raised an eyebrow and the doctor explained. “He’s only crying, didn’t yell at all. Last time he came with his mom, he yelled like a lion,” The doctor jokes.

 

“Doctor!” Seungwoo argued. 

 

“That’s why they say leaders have stress. Take good care of Seungwoo, he’s weak behind all of this. Have some rest and we’ll be back with the massage,” The doctor said as he went out to let him rest his knee.

 

Seungwoo’s face turned red as the doctor left him alone with Wooseok. 

 

“You didn’t have to put up a leader’s face for me,” Wooseok said. “It’s not like it’s anything embarrassing anyways. You’re injured!”

 

“It’s fine… You know I even hate crying… You just saw me cry… As if that’s what a leader should be,” Seungwoo argued back as he sat up to look at his knee. He tapped it a bit and let it rest with the ice. 

 

“Does it feel better now?” Wooseok asked. 

 

“Yeah, it will feel better after the massage,” Seungwoo said like a pro. He has done this too many times now, it just depends on the severity now, not the frequency. 

 

Wooseok was heartbroken to see how he was so used to this. Suddenly, his phone rang. It was Seungyoun.

 

“I’m alone. Are the 2 of you okay?” Seungyoun asked. 

 

“I’ll put you on speaker. It’s just me and Seungwoo hyung here,” Wooseok said. 

 

“Hey…” Seungwoo said. 

 

“Hyung!” Seungyoun yelled. 

 

“Don’t be too loud, we’re in the hospital,” Wooseok said. 

 

“It’s his knee, right?” Seungyoun asked worriedly. 

 

“I’ll probably have to stay overnight. Take care of the kids with Wooseok for me,” Seungwoo said.

 

“ME?” Wooseok shouted. “I’m staying here with you!” He said with a What-is-wrong-with-you face.

 

“Seungyoun can’t deal with all the kids, you need to be there. Just go, I’ll be fine,” Seungwoo said as he nodded at Wooseok. 

 

“No hyung, you probably will get bored. Or you might just need things that Wooseok can help you with. I’ll be fine,” Seungyoun said. 

 

“Aigoo, you kids. I’m old enough to take care of myself. There are nurses here too!” Seungwoo said. “Wooseok is going to come back to the dorms now,” He said to the phone and ended the call. 

 

He looked up at Wooseok and ordered. “Go home, now.” He pointed at the door. 

 

“‘Hyung…” Wooseok begged. 

 

“Seungyoun will need you. Also, the kids will be worried. Just say I’m staying at Victon’s dormitories,” He said as he pushed Wooseok towards the door. 

 

Wooseok slowly walked to the door and Seungwoo made sure the manager heard him to bring Wooseok home.

 

When Seungwoo was finally alone, he called in the massage and the nurse brought the machine in. It was just sending light electric shocks to his knee which will help loosen up his muscles and tendons. It’s not super painful, depending on the intensity you set it anyways. Seungwoo likes it stronger as it feels like he’s doing something, so he stayed like that for 30 minutes. They iced it again and Seungwoo just went to bed after setting his alarm at 7am. The morning class was at 8, so he would have enough time to warm up his knee a bit and go to the company.