Freeze!

Cherries and Berries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

# Song for this chapter: FTISLAND - Time to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7XFiJbcnfA #

"Ya, drive faster or we will loose them!"

"I'm already driving as fast as i can or do you want me to cause a pile-up again like last time?"

Wendy glared at Sora for a second before she tigthens her grip on the steering wheel again and focuses on the streets ahead of her. 

"You don't have to bring it up every f***ing time, Wendy. Chief was mad as hell. But we have to catch these pigs this time!"

Wendy sighs and presses the gas pedal to reduce the distance to the black car in front of them. When they come to a remote industrial area, Sora sees a chance to catch them without endangering passers-by. She pushes the button for the passenger window down and sticks her upper body out of the window. As soon as she grabs her gun and tries to aim at their tires, the men in the car before them try to aim for their windscreen. Wendy tries to stabilze the steering wheel while cowering behind the dashboard to help Sora aiming her gun at the target.

"Why do I always have to be the driver? Aish!"

Sora smiles for a second before shooting the two rear tyres which results in a halting screech of the black car. 
"Because I'm the better shooter and you're the better driver." She grins at Wendy widely and both of them get out of their car. 

The men ahead of them try to run into a rundown warehouse to hide, but Wendy is not going to let them escape like the numerous times before. 
She aimes her gun at the arm of their gang leader and shoots. He falls to the ground in pain while his men run back to carry him just before they reached the warehouse. That is the situation Wendy was hoping for. Sora and Wendy now have everyone in view and can corner them while still holding their guns. Backup is on its way and all they have to do now is keep them distracted.

"Freeze or we'll shoot again! Your choice."  Both of the girls shout at the same time. 

They can already hear the police sirens from afar, it should only take a few minutes now until they're here. Sora and Wendy try to let no one out of sight and keep their guns pointed at the five men and their boss in front of them. Their gang leader is still lying on the floor and bleeding heavily from his left arm. Usually gangs would still try to attack the police, even if they are at gunpoint, since honor is at stake here. Sora is the first one to notice that something was not right. How could they so readily admit defeat without fighting? Just when she turns around to check the environment behind her, she feels an excruciating pain in her abdomen. She looks down at herself and sees a small pocket knife sticking out of her belly while her blue police uniform turns red. Too shocked to process everything, Sora doesn't even hear the gun shot coming from behind her. 

"Sora! Watch out! I will teach these dogs a lesson!" Wendy shoots the attacker in the head and he immdiatly falls down to the ground with eyes wide open and a shock-distorted face. Other police men storm past them to arrest the gang whereas Wendy kneels down in front of Sora. Sora can't even remember when she sat down on the cold ground. There are voices in her head but she cannot clearly understand each word. It feels like she didn't sleep for days and her eyes become heavier with each second. 

"Sora, Sora! Can you hear me? Speak to me! Ya, don't you dare fall asleep now! Hey, look at me!"  Wendy cups Soras face in her hands and tries to keep her awake when finally paramedics come to the resuce. They put her on a stretcher and carry her to their ambulance with Wendy holding Soras hand and not leaving her side. 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"I said to only monitor these guys and not to track them down alone to a remote industrial area to end up in the hospital. 
Aish, you never listen to my orders. I told you, if you it up this time, i can't help you anymore." 

"Chief, please don't get mad. We just wanted to help. We are after these idiots since months and this was an opportunity to catch them." Wendy looks

at the police chief with big eyes and the cutest face she could possibly make. They are seated in front of Sora's hospital room while waiting for her to wake up. Chief Park sighs in frustration, which he always does when Sora and Wendy come back from the field. Sora often told Wendy, that he got all his grey hair in the last two years because of them. 

"Wendy, don't look at me that way, it won't work on me! Because of both of your negligence, you could be dead right now. Sora is actually pretty lucky." Chief Park stands up and walks up and down the corridor. 

" We know it was careless. But please give us another chance, we don't want to spend the rest of our lives doing desk work. Think about it, if we would be on 
duty, you wouldn't see us too often in the office. We wouldn't annoy you with all our-"

"Wendy, enough! You guys don't understand the gravity of this situation. If you want to stay in the field, you're gonna have to prove that to me."

Wendy gets up from her chair to run to Chief Park. "Anything, Chief. We will do anything to prove it to you. We promise you, that this time we won't make mistakes."

He backs away from her a little and gives her a stern look, which softens again after only a few seconds. "Aish! You girls know i can't stay mad at you forever. Come to the station after the weekend. As for now get some rest and be thankful that Sora is doing well."  With these words, Chief nods at her and goes to the elevator that leads to the ground floor. Excited and grateful at the same time, Wendy jumps back and forth and shrieks. When she realizes that she could wake Sora up, she calms down again and quietly enters her room.

"What took you so long? And why where you screaming like a lunatic in front of my room?" Sora is already awake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter