Chapter 1

Third Time's The Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1.

Hyukjae ran his right hand through bleached blond strands. After weeks of first recording and then filming the music video, they were busy for another couple of weeks promoting their new album and title track. Thankfully their hard work and dedication payed off when Mamacita ranked high on music charts around the globe.

The rapper laid in his bed. He had just come out of the shower, dressed in a pair of his old, worn-out pajamas that he’d found rumbled up in the back of his closet space. The high likelihood of his pillow getting drenched furthers from his mind. A little water never killed nobody. At least not when soaked into a soft square made out of cotton. A heavenly soft, fluffy square of cotton.

He closed his eyes. Letting darkness and the rare quietness envelope him.

As his body began to become more and more heavy, seemingly melting in to the mattress underneath the man, Hyukjae could feel how tired he really was. When you were busy from the crack of dawn to way past the time the sun had set, you never had the time to stop and feel the energy slowly draining from your body and mind.

Hyukjae loved his profession. Loved spelt with all caps lock. Sure, like everyone else he had second guessed his choice of joining the music industry. Had belittled himself, seen only flaws within himself and wanted to give up. To quit and leave everything behind.

But the love he felt toward dancing, preforming and most of all s- family- as well as all the fans, overruled all the negative thoughts. Making him get up from the dark hole he’d found himself in from time to time. Staying was the best decision in the end.

The dorms were never quiet. Not even when it was nighttime and all of them were supposed to be asleep, was the dorms silent. `Something must be up`, the blond man thought to himself. The members sharing his floor must be in the other dorm playing around or sleeping. They all were exhausted now that promotions were over- for the time being.

In the middle of the rare silence a loud tune started playing, startling the tired male.

With a frown and slightly annoyed sigh, the man in question opened one of his eyes. He looked over to the spot next to his moist pillow, the bright screen making him close the eye. Before pressing the device against his ear, he swiped the bright screen, answering the incoming call.

“Yeah, hello?”

He knew that he shouldn’t answer it as rudely and uncaring as he did. Especially since he hadn’t seen who it was calling. What if it happed to be someone working at the company? But in his half-asleep state the thought didn’t cross his mind.

“Hi sweetheart. How are you doing? I’m guessing that you are quite tired now, after all the music shows and interviews. I only called you to remind you of your cousin’s wedding next Saturday. Your dad and I are leaving for Busan on Thursday. Sora and her boyfriend are driving there around lunch time on Friday. If you ask her you can surly go with them, taking a lot of cars is just unnecessary.”

“Oh, hi mom,” He greeted, recognizing the voice on the other end of the call. “We got back from an interview an hour or so ago. I was just about to fall asleep before you called, therefor my grumpy greeting. Was it this Saturday? That’s only about six days from now.” Hyukjae chuckled distantly, sleep draining his energy. “It had totally slipped my mind.”

His mother laughed lightly, amused by her youngest child’s forgetfulness. “I figured that it’ll slip your mind considering all the work you’ve had recently. Being the kindhearted parent I am, I decided to remind you of it.”

“Thank you mom. If I were to forget and not show up auntie would have a fit. Probably even showing up at my door, yelling at me. I would rather not have it that way.”

Hyukjae had a good relationship with his family and relatives. Those close to him had a special place in his heart. And missing his favorite cousin’s big wedding day was something he didn’t want to go through. Especially when he knew how sad she’d be and how mad said cousin’s mother would be. He didn’t want people to think that his fame made him think any less of the people around him.

While thinking to himself he momentarily forgot to listen to what his mother was talking about. She loved romance. She had as long as Hyukjae could remember. In the end he believed that she rubbed off on him. He may be single and too un-brave to act on any romantic feelings he experienced. That didn’t make him any less of a romantic.

“… your aunt sent me a picture of Hei Ran’s dress. She looks absolutely gorgeous! When you get married you’ll have to ask your cousin where she got that dress so your bride can have one.”

Mrs. Lee went on about how beautiful everything was going to be at the wedding. Occasionally she hinted that the son should settle down soon as well. Making the man even more tired than he was before picking up the phone.

“When we’re talking about it. Hyuk you’re bringing a plus-one to the wedding, don’t forget about it. It’s already filled in with your response of attendance, so they expect you to bring someone.”

“What? I’m not even seeing anyone… Wasn’t it you who filled it in for me?!”

“Hush child. No one believes that you’re still single. Being an idol has its pros and cons. A lot of people must want to date you. If you are too ashamed to bring a partner you can always invite a friend. As long as you don’t show up alone it won’t matter. You can keep hiding your love life if you want to. Even though I’m sure that you have one.”

The blond man rubbed his eyes that had started to itch, since he was staring at one spot for a long period of time. He sighed. He knew that whatever he said to deny the woman’s suspicions would go unheard. She wouldn’t stop believing that her son was a taken man. Even thought that wasn’t the case.

“I’ll ask a friend to come with me. Free food and a weekend at a hotel should appeal to anyone. Don’t know when I’ll get to Busan thought, I’m calling Sora-noona about it tomorrow. I’m really beat right now mom so I’m heading off to bed. Say hi to dad from me and we’ll talk more tomorrow.”

“Call me after you’ve talked to your sister, so I’ll know what you’ll do to get there. Goodnight sweetheart! Your dad say hello back. Send our regards to the other boys as well.”

With that the two ended their conversation and hung up their phone call.

Minutes passed by, all the while pulling Hyukjae into a deeper and deeper sleep. His body went limp, heavy. The aching muscles grew numb as he cuddled down in the covers. A final yawn slipped through his chapped plump lips before he was lost in the dreamlands.

 

Distant shuffling could be heard in the silence of the darkened room. Hyukjae’s eyes felt dry, as if someone had thrown sand in them. He was tired, with a sore body due to overuse and there was nothing in this world that could grab his attention more than the fluffy bedsheets around him. No matter how curious he was.

The bed’s mattress dipped when the sound grew closer to suddenly fully stop. A gust of cool air hit the back of his body. Seconds later it felt much warmer than previously. Soft hot puffs of air the junction where his ear connected with his jaw line. It was a feeling he was used to after experiencing it for years now.

Getting comfortable, Hyukjae wiggled backwards so his back was pressed against the familiar warmth behind him. Without a word or a sound, the two individuals melted into each other before falling back asleep.

The second time the dancer got interrupted in the middle of his beloved sleep it was due to an incessive knocking at his bedroom door. With a low groan the blond male stretched his body, to loosen all knots that had formed throughout the night. But something made it impossible for him to move his body at all.

Carefully Hyukjae twisted his neck, directing his eyes back towards the wall and lump holding him tightly.

Dark blue. That was the first thing he registered. It was something he didn’t expect to see nor was used to look at. It took him a couple of moments to realize what it really was. Or rather who it was. As his eyes traveled over the other’s features it made perfect sense.

For the most part of him knowing Lee Donghae the younger had had brown hair, with the occasional change of shade. Altering between dark- almost black- brown to a lighter chestnut color. A few times over the decade he’d had blond (or similar) hair.

Now the younger dancer had blue hair. The color made the man positively radiant and gorgeous, no doubt about it. But for those that had lived with a brunet Donghae, the change took some getting used to. A lot of getting used to when you had just woken up from a deep slumber.

The knocking echoed all around the room, gaining the blond’s attention once again. An irritated grumble was heard from the outside demanding the man to wake up, get up and go and join the others for a late breakfast.

Still newly awoken the rapper shouted back a lump of incoherent words in reply. He would be out in a few minutes. The other person on the other side of the door knew him well enough to understand what he was meaning by it.

The loud sounds that the two men had made awoke the blue-haired member next to the blond rapper.

“Hae, we should get up. It’s breakf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter