PHOTOGRAPH

PHOTOGRAPH | DAHMO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Boxes laid everywhere, furniture was missing, and there was so much dust you had a difficulty breathing. The house was a mess, a yet new beggining awaiting it's previous owner.

Dahyun sighed, she couldn't remember how many times she has moved since the day she got out of university. She thought she was cursed, that she could never catch a break with her bad luck. Whenever she moved into a house, she had to move out after a while. It was annoying and always had her stressing excessively, to the point she couldn't sleep.

Today was similar. The woman hadn't slept in around a week, adding her tiredness from working all day. There weren't many things that made her smile anymore, she had lost the fun in her many years ago.

"Auntie, auntie," a small voice sounded as the figure of a little girl rushed into the room Dahyun was packing in "Mommy, momma, and I found something!"

The little girl chuckled when Dahyun spread her arms to hug her, ruffling her dark hair and leaving a kiss on her forehead.

"What's that, sweetie?" the woman asked, crouching down to look at the four year old's eyes.

With a smile, Momoko stretched her arm and gave Dahyun an old picture, missing the way her aunt frowned as she turned her head back to look at the women entering the room.

"Did you give it to her, baby?" the blonde whispered as she held her child in her arms "It's really important to auntie Dahyun."

The kid nodded, whining when both Sana and Mina covered her face with kisses. As much as she loved her mothers, Momoko liked to believe she was old now and didn't need her mothers' kisses.

Dahyun pushed herself off the floor, holding the old photograph of her from many years ago between her fingers. Looking at her half sister and her wife, she nodded. It was about time she told Momoko the story, the story that answered to many of the kid's questions such as "Why is auntie sad?" or "Where does auntie go with big bouquets of flowers every Sunday?"

"You guys should talk," Mina smiled at her half sister, letting the little girl down and taking Sana's hands in her own before shooing them out of the room "We'll pack the last few stuff."

Momoko squealed in delight, grabbing Dahyun's hand and dragging her out of the half empty house and onto the front porch. Skipping up and down, the four year old attempted sitting at the swing chair and whined when she failed.

"Here you go, Mo." Dahyun smiled bitterly, helping the girl up before joining her. The photograph she had been given now resting on her lap.

Saturday mornings were always just her and Momoko. Mina would insist Dahyun was present around her child, she wanted the little girl to appreciate and love family. Besides, the younger was the only one of her siblings she liked and trusted enough with her child. And it's not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter