Some Feelings

Holding onto Something

Jinwoo was reviewing the clip he and his Dara noona just recorded. Dara kept looking at the photos she had just taken with Jinwoo earlier, picking which to post at a later date. They took some selcas before breaking into sweat (barely any, unnoticable) for the Ddeum Challenge from Winner's recent comeback. They knew what was about to happen so they had planned to meet earlier before it was too late. Dara definitely had promised they'd see each other. With how busy their schedule was, Dara with her musical and Jinwoo was chasing for time.

 

Dara couldn't help but look at her dongsaeng. He has definitely grown up well. Still handsome as he is. Still a cutie like she is (worthy of being her only heir). Matured. Her cutie son is a big boy now. A man who will make her, his family, and his own fans proud.

 

She can't help the feeling of missing him already. It was as if she was sending her son away. The boy she wanted to protect because she saw herself in him is now going away for a while to serve for their country. The amount of feelings now suddenly building up in her chest. She looked up suddenly to stop any waterworks.

 

Noona? Are you okay? Jinwoo's soft voice asked.

 

I will be, Jinwoo-ya. I will be. She doesn't say that. Instead she says, yeah... I am. Don't worry about me.

 

It's yourself you should think of. Noona... He looks at her with those big deer eyes, concerned, also putting away the phone he was holding earlier.

 

Aish! Come here, you... Dara hugged him. It looked funny cause of their height differences but Jinwoo adjusted for his sunbae, bending his knees to match their heights. His chin resting atop of her shoulders as she was his head motherly. I just... I'm really going to miss you. You're like a little brother to me, you know that right?

 

Last time, you told someone they're like a little brother... Jinwoo teasing. They knew what he was talking about.

 

Dara playfully hit his head. Yah! You know what I mean. This isn't about him.

 

Jinwoo giggled, hugging her back. Just kidding, noona. Of course I know. I'm really thankful for your care and advices. They really helped me during my hardest times.

 

Aigoo, I should be the one thanking you. You always listened to me well and did so much for me too when you didn't have to. Dara let go of him and cupped his face making him look at her. You have such a kind heart. And I know how hard it's going to be.

 

But I'm not even- Jinwoo said quietly interrupting.

 

Shh, listen! Cutting him off. She's not having it with Jinwoo's uncertainties. That won't do.

 

Jinwoo nodded. His face still in her hands.

 

No matter what service you are doing. Be proud. Someone's got to do the job. Don't listen to what others say. You are brave going into this. There are others out there who would rather run away than do this. And those who run away regret doing so.

Jinwoo, you are determined. Strong-willed. Hardworking. Kind. Everything good in the world. You are not perfect but you're a good person. And that's what matters.

 

She let go of his face, letting go of his arms, and now holding his hands. A good person knows what they must do. A good person gives themselves to help others. A good person who gives their heart no matter what happens. And that's the Jinwoo I know and am proud of. Understand?

 

Dara wiped the tears now running down his face and from hers. The feelings now letting go. What needed to be said.

 

Ahhh, Dara noona. You're making us cry. If anyone saw us, they'd think we're crazy.

 

This is what you tell me after that speech I just said. This time playfully slapping his forehead.

 

I'm just kidding! I'm kidding. Jinwoo teased. Thank you so much, noona. Jinwoo hugged her this time, letting her head rest on his shoulder. Dara patted his back reassuring him everything was going to be okay. Cheering him on silently as she always did.

 

That was enough.

 

The practice room door opened, breaking the moment. It was Mino, also holding a plastic bag with snacks and refreshments, who emerged from the entrance.

 

Oh! If he saw you two, he'd think something was going on. Mino laughing, teasing the pair.

 

They knew who he was talking about and they just laughed.