DA DA DANCE

DA DA DANCE | SAHYO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't know how she did it, how she managed to convince me, but Nayeon somehow got into my head and made me accompany her to a party her crush was throwing. It was dumb and I shouldn't have let her take me away from my books one day before my huge exam, yet here I am now, in the passenger's seat of her car while she parks near Jeongyeon's house.

Nayeon has been crushing on Jeongyeon since the last year of high school. It started off as a joke because the two would usually bicker— we called them divorced moms. Nayeon was the captain of the volleyball team and Jeongyeon of the basketball team back then, leading them to fight about who would use the court on Thursdays. After that and all the way until now, Jeongyeon would continuously tease and annoy Nayeon, pretend to dislike her but still invite her to every single one of the huge parties she threw. 

They were the classic 'pretend to hate, but secretly die for' crush with both figures being rather stereotypical; the jock— Jeongyeon — and the teachers pet— Nayeon — the good kid. It sometimes feels like we're in a movie, one of those American High School dramas that no matter the production, all of them have the exact same plot. 

And in every damn movie, there's always a poor person that has to listen to the good girl rant about how much she hates the jock, how even if her life depends on it she would never get near them. The poor person that she drags around in parties, saying she isn't going for the jock but the experience. 

That little poor person is me, Park Jihyo, and unlike Nayeon I actually don't mind being called a nerd, a freak, and antisocial because I study so much. It's true and I'm really proud of myself. Especially when I get out of college with the best grades, succeed in my life and watch the rest suffering because they thought drinking until their livers exploded was a better idea than working hard to build a bright future.

That sounds so mean. I swear I'm not that bad. I just get really defensive whenever my boring life is being brought up.

Now that I think about it, that's how Nayeon convinced me to come to this unnecessarily big party. My life is pretty boring. 

"Earth to Hyo, are you copying?" Nayeon's rather irritating voice rang in my ears, the door of her car shutting close as she stepped out of it.

"I told you this is a bad idea," I mumbled, being so suddenly brought out of my thoughts made my head hurt "My brain cells are already dying and we haven't gone in yet."

"Stop it with the whining and come with me," she forced me out of her car, locking it in a heartbeat so I won't get back in "It's about time you act like a person your age."

Eveyone says that, my parents too. Like, I'm sorry for chosing not to die of spiked drinks or a car crash with Nayeon drunk driving. I'd rather be healthy and away of all the scumbags that go to these parties. I can't make friends with them either, they're probably all stupid and—

What is that smell? It literally smells like my brain cells that slowly killed themselves from the moment I stepped a foot into Jeongyeon's ridiculously big house and was met with many drunk people — even though it's literally nine o'clock — hitting on each other. 

The look of that house, too, was gross. Apart from jackets being thrown to the ground, there were also plastic cups, food, and cigarettes. Some people were fighting, others dancing like jumping summoned fish, and a few more making out in all sorts of places.

Gosh, this is a nightmare. I'd rather wreck my brain over countless pages of my biology textbook than have to go through the crowd, touch their smoke-washed and sweaty bodies as I try to make it to the other side of the room. 

"Ugh, Nayeon. You're here." the fake disappointment in Jeongyeon's voice was evident once she saw us approaching her from her seat on the leather couch.

Nayeon giggled coldly, holding out a small bag and later deciding to throw it at the woman. Which was idiotic, I paid for that too, if it breaks I'm not willing to buy Jeongyeon another present. 

"Happy birthday, horse face," Nayeon shouted over the loud music "I hope it is your last."

I never understood why they still pretend to hate each other. Our high school years are in the past and Nayeon is practically drooling over Jeongyeon right now. She's looking at her as if she had just proposed or something. I'd only look at someone like that if they offered me chicken. The definition of heart eyes emoji..(add the drooling)

" you Im," I bet Jeongyeon kind of did want to do that. Gross. I don't know why I'm thinking about this "You look ugly by the way."

Let me translate for you;

" me Im," or the other way around. Depends on who gets drunk first. I'm pretty sure Nayeon tops though, even if Jeongyeon won't ever admit to it. "You look spectacular, breathtaking, stunning, exquisite, magnificent, irresistible, the hottest you've ever been."

I want to throw up. They're so—

"You too," Nayeon retorted "Where am I supposed to leave this? Your house is a ing mess."

Honestly, the idea of buying a present to Jeongyeon must've been Nayeon's worst. We're probably the only ones in this party who bought something for her— that being an overly expensive perfume— and even bothered to wrap it and write a card. Such a waste of time (and money). I could've bought twelve chicken sandwiches with that cash.

"Follow me." Jeongyeon rasped and led my stupid best friend to a room.

I guess the idea wasn't so stupid. More of like a chance to get laid. I hadn't thought of that possibility. Nice played, Nay. 

Soon they left me alone to fully experience the disgust that is dealing with drunk people, watching them throw up everywhere, and of course, getting hit on by them. Truly a tragic experience, 0/10 won't ever try again.

Securing my jacket around my waist— there's no way I'll let it lying around —I walked by the snacks table. Thankfully Jeongyeon used her brain and actually set up one, it is my go-to whenever Nayeon decides to drag me to distasteful parties like this one. No one cares about the snacks, only the booze, so I'm usually left alone to overthink (something I do quite a lot if you haven't realized by now) and munch on some food until I come up with an excuse to get myself out of there.

Jeongyeon's snack table wasn't even that bad, despite the weird tasting brownies. They tasted bitter and I honestly thought brownies were supposed to be sweet, at least that's how I make them. 

Now that I'm reminded, I make good brownies. It is my grandma's recipe that makes everyone's mouth water and beg me to make more. Though there's an addition to it, a secret ingredient I will take to my grave. So, yeah, I guess I'm a great baker and—

A girl looking at me funny brought me out of my thoughts. See? I told you I overthink and ramble a lot. I sometimes hate myself. But that's besides the point. That girl didn't seem very drunk but from where I was sitting her cheeks were totally red. I don't know why she was look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter