STARGAZING

STARGAZING | MOHYO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was silence once again, the night had finally came around. Momo had been waiting for night to roll in every day for many months now, it was the only time she genuinely had fun without worrying about school. And she owned it all to the girl laying beside her on the ground right now, eyes focusing on the night sky as she listened to Momo talk about stars and constellations, the way galaxies and the universe was created.

"You know," Momo munched on the snack Jihyo had brought with her. It really warmed her heart that the brunette even if being really busy with her classes still managed to be so considerate and kind "Everytime someone leaves, a star is born."

The rustling of the leaves sounded a little more intense as the wind blew and if Momo was seeing right, a few stars twinkled when the melodic giggled of Jihyo sounded.

"Is that so?" she giggled again, oblivious to the pair of dark orbs looking at her.

"Y-Yeah," Momo swore she could listen to her giggle all day. It was addicting and sounded like a relaxing tune, a lullaby- although, sometimes, it was too loud- better than any song they used in her freestyle dance class "The soul of the deceased flies into the sky, colliding with tiny little planets, and morphs into a beautiful and bright star."

The girls had met at the library. Momo didn't like reading, she found it to be boring, but when her best friend Chaeyoung asked for some help on her arts project, Momo couldn't object. 

Momo could still remember that night. It was late, her head buzzing after searching into many books for the information Chaeyoung had been looking for. She had decided to get them some coffee - even though she hated it- and stumbled to the cafeteria. The lady working there grumbled when she saw her, it was way past the closing time, but she couldn't just leave the place unattended. Besides, she was the one to close the library up on Fridays when the janitor couldn't. 

"Two black coffees and whatever sandwich you got, please," the raven head had spoken, leaning against the countertop "One of which with as many scoops of sugar as you can."

A laugh sounded from beside her, the most adorable Momo had heard in her twenty three years of life. It was like the honey on her favorite green tea, the butter croissant she devoured every morning before going to school when she was young. It felt like a warm scarf around her neck when the weather got extremely cold or the satisfaction she would get everytime she changed her sheets on her bed, sighing in relief when laying down on them and taking a whiff of the detergent her roommate Jeongyeon suggested they used. It was the best thing in the world and for a couple of seconds, the raven head got lost.

"You don't really like coffee, do you?" a shorter female asked, specs resting on the bridge of her nose that she pushed a little higher before she extends her hand "I'm Jihyo."

Her smile that night didn't fade away and honestly speaking, Momo was so caught up in that she couldn't even remember the reason Jihyo had spent the whole night in the library, hidden behind in huge books. At least she was around and offered to help Chaeyoung and her once she was done. That was all Momo needed to decide she wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter