Bad (Good?) Idea

I Like You On 1/4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you serious?"

Minjoo got a little intimidated by Yujin's tone. 

"W-why? Is it a bad idea?" she asked, her fingers gripping her oversized sweater nervously.

"What if she doesn't take you seriously? You're just gonna brush it off as a prank for April's fool?" Yujin asked, looking seriously at Minjoo. "God, this is like one of the rare times you're gonna be brave and you're doing it on April's fool."

"That's exactly why I'm having the courage to do it today..."

Minjoo sighed – she likes her so much she almost couldn't keep it to herself.

Above all, she was scared that those three words would ruin their friendship.

Yujin sighed. "Alright, I can't stop you if you really wanna do so. Me and Wonyoungie will be here if anything, alright?"

"Good luck, Minjoo unnie," Wonyoung said, giving Minjoo's shoulder a gentle squeeze.

Minjoo nodded, with determination in her eyes.

 

It was lucky that April's fool is on a Wednesday this year.

The student council usually has their weekly meetings on Wednesday, and the vice president and the secretary would stay back after the meetings for some paper work to be done.

Well, usually Eunbi would stay back as the President as well but Yena planned a prank on her today so she got dragged to somewhere else. Minjoo hoped she'd be fine after the prank.

Minjoo spared a glance cautiously as Chaewon was looking through the request of room bookings from various clubs and societies for the following week.

"Minjoo-ya."

Minjoo got startled as she realised she was staring at Chaewon unconsciously when Chaewon's soft and gentle voice called her.

"Y-yeah?" she cleared a little before sitting straight and pretended to be really focused on her email writing to the other high school's student council for their collaboration project.

"You were staring," Chaewon noted, her fingers flipping over the pages on the pile of requests on her desk right across Minjoo's.

Minjoo froze. "Ah...I was...wondering if you needed some help."

"...Right," Chaewon's lips curved a little, but managed to go unnoticeable by Minjoo. "I'll be fine, it's my last few requests to look through. How about you?"

Minjoo pondered a little before replying, "I'm still writing the email regarding our collaborative project with Shin's, do you want to look through my draft for now? I can send it to your laptop now."

"It's fine, I can go over to your desk, it's easier anyways," Chaewon left her signature on the last paper and stood up, walking over to Minjoo's desk and stood behind her, bending over a little look at Minjoo's draft.

Minjoo froze, yet again, as she could feel Chaewon being really close to her.

It was like getting surrounded by Chaewon, and it was really comfortable.

She liked it.

Chaewon's long chestnut-brown hair falls around her shoulders, her uniform's suit by Minjoo's side, and her left hand on Minjoo's desk. Her warmth and scent surrounding Minjoo that she almost couldn't respond when Chaewon talked to her.

"Minjoo? Are you okay?"

Minjoo actually thought about faking a cough seriously but she realised she needed to reply the vice president quick.

"Oh yeah, I – I am. What did you say about the draft?" Minjoo asked, her cheeks starting to burn because of her spacing out so frequently that she got caught by Chaewon.

"It's great," Chaewon said, ruffling Minjoo's hair fondly. "I think you can send it out just as it is. We'll wait for their reply," Chaewon straightened up, backing away a little and crossed her arms, leaning against the cupboard behind her.

"Now, Minjoo."

"Y-yeah?" Minjoo was confused. Was there anything else?

"You," Chaewon said, her gaze fixated on Minjoo's face. "Are staring too much."

Minjoo's heart rate went up because of Chaewon's words. She wasn't planning to confess in the student council room, piled up with files and papers everywhere.

"That's because..." 

Minjoo drew a deep breath in.

"I like you, Chaewonie."

As expected, silence came, and none of them broke their gaze on each other.

And if you ask whether Minjoo was nervous?

Well, she freaking is.

It's about time to say that sentence, Minjoo. Before it goes all serious.

Minjoo forced a smile and said, "It's a jo–"

"I like you too, Minjoo-yah."

Minjoo saw it. How Chaewon's smile bloomed, how it plucked her heartstrings; How Chaewon's blushed spreaded across her cheeks like wild bushfire; How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter