the first

gotta harvest (all your love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A frail yet angry-looking woman is speed walking towards the house that is located right at the end of a small village of Stardew, up in the mountain. Said woman is wrapped in a gray fur coat, with a fluffy purple scarf covering half of her face and a black beanie to save her from the cold.

The woman is Bae Joohyun. And she’s the one who will be the cause of their humble village would be losing one of their inhabitants tonight.

Kidding.

Although, this thought has appeared inside her head for a moment about fifteen minutes ago while she was in the safe space of her tiny house, checking the home assignment she gave her students for the previous weekend. The topic was ‘I want to know!’, an open field for the wild imagination her students have most of the time, especially where it's not supposed to be.

She did miss one small detail though.

And this detail is Kang Seulgi.

Seulgi, who she’s planning to murder as soon as she arrives at her doorstep.

Joohyun huffs annoyingly when she notices the new wooden sign with a freshly painted “Kang. S”. She eyes the outside of the house briefly. A heavy layer of snow, blinding because of the way the sun begins to set, covering patches of earth that were usually filled with different vegetables and berries when the previous owner, Seulgi’s grandfather, was still living here.

She can see yellow light from the windows and wonders whether or not she’s going to disturb whatever Seulgi is doing right now, before thinking—to hell with it.

The teacher stomps on the wooden stairs as if to alert the other woman of her arrival. She brushes the fallen snow from her shoulders and tugs at her scarf so she can breathe in some of the frosty air freely.

Joohyun raises one of her glove-covered fists and knocks.

The woman doesn’t have to wait long because the door opens in about fifteen seconds or so, and Seulgi’s form appears in the doorway. Joohyun lets her eyes look over her figure quickly.

The other woman is wearing a grey colored knitted sweater—Joohyun is sure this one is from Jihyo because almost all of the villagers have one of these. Her hair is put up in a bun, light brown locks straying away from the whole order. Seulgi’s wearing comfy looking pants with a frog pattern, warm socks adorning her legs.

“Joohyun-ssi?” Seulgi stares at her shivering body for a second, before moving away so the other woman can walk through the doorway. “Come in, please.”

The woman, covered from head to toes, stands there, then stiffly enters the house, relishing the way the warmth of the room engulfs her whole being. She breathes in deeply; her nose catches the scent of the herbal tea that Kyungsoo sells in his shop at the center of the city. She has a few batches of it in her house.

“Is everything okay?” Seulgi’s voice breaks her reverie. The look on the taller woman’s face makes Joohyun want to reconsider her plan of killing her tonight.

No, that can wait, she still has to get to the bottom of this.

“I actually came here because of something one of my students wrote for the home assignment I gave them,” Joohyun speaks firmly; she catches a quiet jazz melody coming from the radio placed on a small dresser near the armchair.

Seulgi nods her head and clasps her hands together slowly.

“I see,” she tilts her head to the side and looks at Joohyun, intensity, and curiosity playing in her sharp gaze. “Well, I’m not sure if I can but I’ll try to help with all I can. While we get to it, would you like some of Kyungsoo-oppa’s green leaf tea? I’ve just brewed it.”

Joohyun thinks for a second, glancing at Seulgi’s tiny smile and nods. Sher gives her coat to Seulgi who’s reaching out to take them from her.

“Go sit in the living room while I prepare some for you, make yourself at home.”

While Seulgi goes to the kitchen stand to get her a cup of the hot drink that would be just the thing for the cold evening like this, Joohyun can’t stop herself from examining the house. She hasn’t been here herself, only hearing about the place from those who were lucky enough to visit the new villager’s renovated house. 

A few bookshelves by the wall, an open fireplace heating the house, and a writing desk at the corner of the room. She can see another hallway that, she presumes, leads to the bedroom. A coffee table by the couch, a worn-out armchair nearby. The living room definitely screams coziness.

 Joohyun walks to one of the bookshelves to inspect the hardback of the books, wondering if Seulgi already has read all of these. Mesmerized at all of the unfamiliar names she takes one with a light blue cover and opens it on the first page. 

“Joohyun-ssi?” Seulgi’s voice rings from the kitchen and Joohyun turns to look at the back turned to her, “Any preferences? Milk? Sugar?”

She shakes her head to get herself together, “No, thank you.”

The raven walks to the couch, hesitating, before sitting down; her back rigid, fingers tightly clutching the book. She looks at Seulgi as she brings two mugs of the hot liquid and places it down on the dark surface of the table. Joohyun takes it and sips at the rich-flavored drink. 

“So,” Seulgi begins, after sipping from her own mug, “You needed me for something?”

Oh, right. That’s why she came here for.

The pleasant expression disappears from her face and Joohyun stands up and strides towards the clothes rack where her coat’s hanging. She takes the paper that was crumbled in the brief moment of rage when she’s read it from her pocket and walks back to the woman who’s been staring at her with a confused look on her face. 

Joohyun stretches the hand holding the child’s work and looks Seulgi dead in the eye.

“Read it. Out loud.”

Seulgi takes the paper and looks at the other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter