FINAL

MARRIAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sounds of birds chirping wake Sojung up, she rubs her eyes and slowly opens her eyes. The sun is shining brightly through the small gap between the curtain. It has been a month since they married couple and the only daughter moved to the Korean Town in Los Angeles, everything runs perfectly like the way Sojung wanted except the car loan and the mortgage that they probably going to spend their time with until their last dying breath. She takes a glance into her wife next to her with her back facing her. She moves closer and throws her long arm around her wife and places a kiss over her wife's ear and head.

"Good morning, baby!"

Eunha hums in response with her eyes still closed tight and she tangles her leg with Sojung's. Eunha wishes she has a few hours more to sleep since their daughter in the next room was crying last night for the longest time.

Sojung dozes off for another 5 minutes until her body is kicking the senses out of her. Sojung groans softly, she did not get enough sleep as well. Thanks to their daughter and her bad dream.

"You don't have to get up if you're still sleepy. I'll drop Yewon to the playgroup."

Eunha untangles her leg from Sojung's and turns her body to bury herself in Sojung's embrace. It's funny, she never understands why she likes it there, it could be the warmth. "Just give me 5 minutes. You can go ahead."

Sojung pushes off her blanket and appears on top of Eunha, placing soft kisses all over her wife's faces while Eunha is giggles from all of it. Eunha pushes Sojung out to the left, "Seriously, it's 7 AM with your 4-year-old daughter next door. And you could be late for work."

"Yes. Work," says Sojung as she captures Eunha's lips one more time. Sojung gets off the bed and heads to the bathroom. 

Eunha closes her eyes again for a few minutes until Yewon starts crying through the baby monitor. "," grunts Eunha internally. She loves her daughter dearly but sometimes she can't take any more of the crying.

Eunha rushes to the next room grabbing her crying daughter. She's aware that at this age, kids are just plain annoying and the out of you. Eunha walks slowly to the bed and she gives a morning kiss to her only daughter. "Yewon, are you having another bad dream?"

Yewon gets up quickly while sobbing and she hugs her mommy. "Yes. A scary one."

Eunha smiles, "It's alright. It's just a dream." 

"The next time I'm having one. Could I sleep in your and Mama's room?"

"Of course, honey! Now, let's brush your teeth," instruct Eunha and she watches her daughter running to the bathroom.

Just like any other housewife, she will prepare breakfast and packs her daughter's bag with a lunch box. There are times she wishes she had a break for once, from her wife and her daughter. She misses her family back in Korea and she doesn't have any friends with her here. It is not easy for her to be in the new country where she only has her wife and her daughter that drains her every single day.

Sojung's voice could be heard from the second floor, screaming for help "Eunha, did you see my black blazer?"

"In the laundry, you've been using them for a week. It's disgusting," replies Eunha, eyes are still focusing on her pancake on the pan.

"Eunha, you know that's my lucky blazer."

Eunha sighs heavily, "Stop with your nonsense. You look good in either blazer"

Yewon walks down from the second floor with this innocent look in her face ready to see the world and her friends in school. "Mommy, I can't find my socks."

Eunha sighs for the second time, she looks at her daughter's innocent face and she says, "Just sit down, I'll ask Mama to bring it down for you."

Eunha serves the pancake and a glass of fresh milk for Yewon. "Eat your breakfast."

"Mommy, you promised me chocolate milk yesterday," says Yewon pouting.

"Ahhh..honey! I'm sorry I forgot. We ran out of chocolate milk. I'll promise you tomorrow you're gonna have them." says Eunha reassuring her daughter as she makes a pinky promise.

"Kim Sojung! Get down! You're gonna be late. Also, bring one of Yewon's socks!"

Sojung rushing over to the dining table with the Yewon's socks. "Hi, Yewon. Good morning." greets Sojung and she lands a soft kiss in her daughter's cheek.

Eunha sits right after she helps Yewon with her socks. Everyone is eating their breakfast quietly until Sojung breaks the silence air. "Eunha, today is your first day of working as a dance instructor right?"

"Yeah! I'm gonna rush over after I pick Yewon up."

"Yewon's going to follow you to the dance studio?"

Eunha nods repeatedly until she swallows her food down the throat, "Yeah. I don't think we can afford a nanny right now. This month is tight."

"You don't have to worry about that...we're financially fine."

"Really?" asks Eunha in disbelief. Her wife is straight delusional. "We're tight! We gotta have some savings for our future."

"I'm working hard to get a promotion and we're gonna be fine. You don't have to work if money is your reason."

Eunha sighs. They fought about this, they wouldn't want to have another episode, not with Yewon in front of them, "We've talked about this. I made my decision."

Sojung notices Eunha's face turns red, she could never change Eunha's mind. Why bother trying? "I'm sorry!" says Sojung as she turns her gaze to Yewon who's busy with her pancake and the dinosaur figure. She has promised herself to never fights in front of their daughter.

"I'm so nervous. I haven't been working since we got married."

"You're going to be fine. It's just dancing!" says Sojung while chuckling in between.

Just dancing. Eunha looks at Sojung, "It's not 'just dancing'! It's art!"

"I mean...you're good at dancing! You're a natural one. You're gonna teach them how to dance. It's pretty simple,"

Eunha never likes the way her wife describe dancing to her, her wife is probably never taking dancing seriously despite being one of Eunha's hobby. "It's not as easy as you thought!"

Sojung punishing herself inside her head, anything she says will somehow trigger anger from Eunha."Alright. Okay!"

Eunha decides to just let it go before she ruins her day, "Kim Sojung, please hurry up! The clock is ticking!"

Sojung chugs down the coffee and the pancake just to get off earlier before the traffic on her. "I'm leaving!"

"Bye Mama!" waves Yewon.

Sojung walks to her beloved wife and pecks her wife's lips and her daughter's forehead. "Bye sweetheart! See you tonight!" says Sojung.

Eunha then looks at her daughter again, is there any idea why 4-year-old is eating so slow? "Honey, could you eat faster? Don't you wanna play with your friends before class?" 

Yewon nods happily. "I'm full, Mommy."

"Okay. Let's go then," says Eunha smiling. She just wanted a me-time where no wife and daughter is bothering her.

---------------------------------------------------------

Months passing by, life is not getting easier for them. Sojung has been drowning with work and her killer boss is in her for every single thing while Eunha has been busy with Yewon, her wife's nonsense, house works and the dance instructor job that comes with a pressure that she has to make the kids improve their skill on dancing.

Eunha walks into their bedroom right after she successfully nurses Yewon to sleep. She spots Sojung is already in the bed reading a book with her glasses on. She climbs into the bed, bringing the laptop with her.

"Yewon's asleep?"

"Yeah. I passed out while reading her a story."

Sojung let out a big smile and she grabs her left's hand, "Can you believe she's going to be 5 this year?"

"Well, it felt like yesterday. There is a part of me who didn't want her to grow up so fast but... I'm really tired. She my energy up all day long" sighs Eunha. It feels so good to finally let this out in the open.

"I know!" agrees Sojung. "Yesterday, she threw tantrum at me because I forbid her to eat ice cream after dinner."

"I hate when she eats sugar after dinner, she will drive me crazy with the screaming...the throwing...!" says Eunha while she closes her eyes remembering how many times she wanted to choke on her daughter for being annoying. "And she will never tidy up with her toys scattering all over the floor. You know it's a hell of a pain if you step on that tiny lego piece."

Sojung reminds herself of the tragedy this morning she steps on the lego piece in the hallway. It's going through the bone."Oh my ing god! I got it this morning! It's a !"

Eunha laughs in responses. "They have anti-lego slipper online on Amazon. I ordered them for both of us."

Sojung laughs and amazes at how fast her wife with online shopping, "Awesome!"

Eunha opens her laptop and the seconds she does, she sighs when she sees her student's dancing videos on her laptop, "Jesus. My students are absolute idiots."

Sojung chuckles as she watches the video together, "They're okay. I mean they're dancing."

"Sojung,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter