One

If Living Is Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure about this?" 

"Yeah. Why?" Jessica asked her sister back. 

"Because you know she will be there." 

"I know Krystal. Don't worry. I will be okay." Jessica gave her assurance. 

"I don't trust you. I bet the moment you see her, you would beg her to take you back." 

"Can you please have a little faith in me?" She asked with a frowned. "I WILL be fine." She assured again. 

"Okay then, if you say so." 

They had a dinner party later that night and they were required to attend since the host was their closest childhood friend, Amber. Jessica knew for sure her ex-girlfriend, Sooyoung would certainly be there as well. She first knew Sooyoung through Amber as they were colleagues working as editors at Vogue Korea. Both of them were together for 2 years before decided to part ways 2 months ago. Jessica was beyond broken the moment things ended with Sooyoung. Each and every day passed by, there was nothing she hoped other than to be back in the woman's arms. 

Being a therapist specializing in couple therapy was certainly a challenge when she herself couldn't even make her own relationship works. "Do you know what is the definition of failure?" She once asked her sister. "The definition of failure is Dr Jessica Jung." She answered her own question. She felt like her life was a joke every time she had a session with her clients. All the advice, treatments and support that she had given to her clients seemed so fake to her when she herself lost in her own battle. "Dr, you have helped us become stronger as a couple. We could finally work on our differences. All this happened because of you." A couple once said to her. She felt like stabbing herself at that point. "Do you know whose life's a joke?" She asked Krystal the other day. Again, she was the one who answered the question straight away. "Mine is.". Ever since the breakup, she had been questioning herself and doubting her capability in her own work. 

Jessica parked her car outside Amber's house and her mind went blank instantly. The thought of seeing Sooyoung again after 2 months scared her. The breakup was certainly a bad one. She could still remember how intense the fight was that night when they broke up. "You can still change your mind." She startled the moment Krystal's voice was heard in the car. She turned off the car engine and then looked at her sister. "No, I'm fine." She faked a smile. "Let's go." She continued. They rang the doorbell and was greeted by their cheerful-looking friend. 

"Guyssss, thank you so much for comingggg!" They had a group hug.

"You know we wouldn't miss the chance to see your famous friends." Krystal smiled. Since Amber worked in a magazine, she had famous friends. 

"Come in, food is over there. You know what to do, just make yourself at home." She smiled as she welcomed the sisters inside. 

"Okay Krys, we eat, then we leave." Jessica whispered softly to her sister. 

"Got it." Krystal nodded her head as both of them made their way to the long dining table filled with so much food. Amber had come a long way. She has achieved so much in her career within the past few years. They couldn't be happier for her. 

Jessica sat the corner of the balcony overlooking the hill with a plate of watermelon slices. Her mind was all over the place that night. As much as she wanted to meet Sooyoung again after 2 months, she was just nervous and scared. They had so many issues with the relationship. Issues that were too complicated for them to work on.  Despite all the issues, Jessica loved Sooyoung with all her heart. No one ever made her felt love the way Sooyoung did. 

"Unnie, she's not here yet. I don't see her around." Krystal appeared with 2 plates of food. 

"Krys, can we just enjoy the moment? I am fine. Can't you see how chill I am right now?" Jessica smiled at her sister. 

"You may look chill outside Dr. Jessica Jung, but I know you. There is a storm inside there and I bet you would jump off this balcony.." Krystal said

"Why would I want to jump off this balcony?" Jessica frowned looking at her sister. 

"You are too weak to face her." Krystal made a strong remark which someho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter