Chapter 4

Middle of the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Months passed and it was already December, that meant a busy work schedule for Amber and another final exams before the Holiday for Krystal. They both did their best and decided not to meet for a while, just until everything calmed down, but they still kept in touch and updated each other. Krystal did her best like always but somehow it wasn’t enough, she placed second and that angered her parents.

“You only have to study what’s so hard about that.”

“It’s probably because of that guy, stop seeing him and focus on your studies.” her father said and her mom sighed.

“We never raised you like this, you’re so irresponsible.”

“If only Jessica was still here.” her mom whispered.

She just wanted to cry right there, but she knew her parents well, her tears would mean nothing, so she just agreed to everything they said and said sorry. 

“I’m sorry, I’ll do better.”

“You should, this is humiliating.”

“I’m sorry.” her father still looked displeased but motioned for her to leave, but before she could walk out of the room he spoke again.

“Stop seeing that guy, you’re only allowed to go to school and your extra classes.”

“But-”

“I said what I said, now leave.”

 

She couldn’t say anything more as her father already ended the conversation. She was sad, she couldn’t sneak out anymore cause she knows how her parents are when they’re serious. She texted Amber about everything.

*I can’t meet you anymore.*

*What? Are you breaking up with me?*

*No, I would never break up with you. I love you*

*Shy emoji, Then what are you talking about? P.S I love you too.* 

Krystal smiled as she messaged Amber everything.

*WOW! You placed second, Congrats! Daebak!*

*Are you being sarcastic? Mad emoji*

*No, You worked hard and you got high scores and even placed second in your whole school. That’s amazing, I’m just congratulating someone who deserves it. You worked hard Soojung. Smiley*

Krystal was shocked, she had forgotten how even placing second was meaningful, she had been used to always aiming first and being nothing but the best. Amber was the only one who congratulated her and even realized her efforts.

*I love you...Heart*

*I love you too. So we can’t meet up for a while?*

*Yeah, I’ll try to convince them when I get first place for the next exam.*

*We can still message and call each other so that’s okay.*

“Not for me...It’s not enough” Krystal thought to herself.

*I’ll miss you alot Princess. Calling and messaging you just isn’t enough for me.*

*I’ll miss you too...alot. I’ll work hard so we can meet soon.*

*Okay, Don’t work too hard though.*

*Yes. You're getting ready for work right? Take care of yourself and don’t over work.*

*Aye aye Princess! I Love you~*

*I love you too.*

 

*****************************

 

The next school year Krystal worked extra hard to place first. The calls and messages just weren’t enough, she was missing her lover a lot but it wasn’t just her, they’ve talked about it over the phone before, how they miss each other a lot. So Krystal wasn’t just gonna let that continue, and it was like their prayers were heard, she placed first even perfecting all the exams and when her parents saw it they just nodded.

“Can I meet him again? I placed first and I promise not to let my grades go down again.” her father looked at her suspiciou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter